What are you driving now?

Nicholasng925

Known Member
Jul 30, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
ohh you dont have traction issues? hmmm..... i'v got that even when i bolted on good tires to test.... and i barely have 200hp (at crank).... i suspect
Hahaha nope! I only had it when flooring it on 2nd gear on wet roads, that was when I was using cheap tires. So far no issue with my RE003 of 17".

I see white Neo coming better move aside......lol:driver:
I drive slow only la... safe driver hahaha! I love its ability of occasional short distance bursting :love:

Somehow low-comp ratio plus ordinary CPS gearbox 4.3 FD ratio makes it slightly more difficult to cruise at high speed, but I'm happy to cruise at 100-120km/h.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahaha nope! I only had it when flooring it on 2nd gear on wet roads, that was when I was using cheap tires. So far no issue with my RE003 of 17".

I drive slow only la... safe driver hahaha! I love its ability of occasional short distance bursting :love:

Somehow low-comp ratio plus ordinary CPS gearbox 4.3 FD ratio makes it slightly more difficult to cruise at high speed, but I'm happy to cruise at 100-120km/h.
With great initial power, ease off in first gear, then in other gear not too bad dy. I have tested many tyres in my VR. The Blue streak Stiletto will wheel spin badly in the wet. Another was the older Kumho 711, that one will snake if you apply too much power taking off in the wet. Another one is a surprise, the T1-R which lost traction when dropping to 3rd to accelerate in the wet.
Good tyres in the wet for me, were the Dunlop SP9000, Falken FK452 and best is the Old Goodyear F1 GS-D3, but they did carry on in their Asymmetric range from Asy1, to Asy2 and now Asy3 and still on them.

Close ratio GB? not good for cruising but great for touge......lol

Nicholasng925

Known Member
Jul 30, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
With great initial power, ease off in first gear, then in other gear not too bad dy. I have tested many tyres in my VR. The Blue streak Stiletto will wheel spin badly in the wet. Another was the older Kumho 711, that one will snake if you apply too much power taking off in the wet. Another one is a surprise, the T1-R which lost traction when dropping to 3rd to accelerate in the wet.
Good tyres in the wet for me, were the Dunlop SP9000, Falken FK452 and best is the Old Goodyear F1 GS-D3, but they did carry on in their Asymmetric range from Asy1, to Asy2 and now Asy3 and still on them.

Close ratio GB? not good for cruising but great for touge......lol
Best tires in the wet is Goodyear F1 GS-D3? Oh!

Nope not close ratio GB, just a standard one haha!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Ya with upgraded internals (CFE conrods, crankshaft, pistons, and ACL bearing). Still not completely forged though so the safe boost limit should be around 1.2 bar. :biggrin:

i would say better dont...

even with cfe internal...just stick to 0.8 bar especially with bigger turbo than cfe turbo....

this is because even with same boost level, the cfe turbo rated at lower air flow...while bigger turbo got much higher air flow... that will result in overboosting (bent conrod or melting piston) or worse...massive hole at the engine block... :listen:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Let's just say the power is about double of the original Neo CPS, around 230whp @1 bar. Good enough for a small car like this!
Wow nice... the magical number for cars that small and light! How much rpms does the turbo full spool?

Bolt on with stock internals boost to 1 bar?....fuh!
With that much mods I don't think it's considered "stock" already la.

Nicholasng925

Known Member
Jul 30, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
u have so much power...now toy around with the gb.
1st - 3rd now become a very short affair for u...
1st and 2nd are indeed abit too short, 3rd and 4th gears are still nice to play around with! Both gears are perfect for pulling/flooring.

wow....many toyol for internals. :burnout:
:driver:

i would say better dont...

even with cfe internal...just stick to 0.8 bar especially with bigger turbo than cfe turbo....

this is because even with same boost level, the cfe turbo rated at lower air flow...while bigger turbo got much higher air flow... that will result in overboosting (bent conrod or melting piston) or worse...massive hole at the engine block... :listen:
Yep true, I'm happy with 1 bar, not going to overpush it since it's only CFE. I tend to boost around 0.7-0.8 bar only due to my car's weakness in wastegate. The spring rate is still 0.5 bar only, so it gets heated up and soften quickly. Will need to change to 1bar rated wastegate, maybe Tial or Turbosmart 38mm, but that's for later.

Wow nice... the magical number for cars that small and light! How much rpms does the turbo full spool?

Full spool is slow around 5.5k rpm, due to the soft wastegate spring. Change to a better original wastegate and the full spool for td04hl should be around 4.5k rpm. :burnout:

But then Neo is not exactly that light hahah due to its stiff rigid chassis.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yup, but I got the first batch that were from Germany. Later batches came from their factory in Thailand. Seems got some difference....:smokin:

Yup, that was my first remark, since they all mentioned bolt on. My later remark was "Not exactly just bolt on"......hhahhahahha

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

vr2turbo is quite old.. F1 GS-D3 is best in the wet...more than 10 years ago... (yes it was that long ago)

Compared to the high performance tires today it'd be rather crap. Tire technology has been improving a lot, as the average cars get faster and faster.

Back then C-Segment was 1.6L Corollas and Civics.. now its moving to 2L N/A and 1.5 turbo charge...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yep pretty stable. I will say the whole setup must be done correctly (for instance piping quality, materials used for connecting hoses and clips), if not some reliability issue will emerge sooner or later.

I'm currently using Haltech Sprint 500 as the main ECU, previously was using a UnichipQ. Internals are all upgraded to CFE semi-forged, with 1.5mm metal gasket.

Let's just say the power is about double of the original Neo CPS, around 230whp @1 bar. Good enough for a small car like this!
This output is already higher than stock 4G93T. I guess this is a good alternative for that and you are still retaining 1.6 litre instead of a 1.8 in 4G93T. 230hp on wheels means on crank you are probably giving over 250hp. Powerful for a 1.6 litre. :adore:

Nicholasng925

Known Member
Jul 30, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
This output is already higher than stock 4G93T. I guess this is a good alternative for that and you are still retaining 1.6 litre instead of a 1.8 in 4G93T. 230hp on wheels means on crank you are probably giving over 250hp. Powerful for a 1.6 litre. :adore:
4G93T is still more fun, considering GSR GB ratio is slightly longer, plus 1.8 litre. I sat in a Neo GSRt before and that car was quick! Stock internals boosting 1.2 bar, producing around 270whp. :adore:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
vr2turbo is quite old.. F1 GS-D3 is best in the wet...more than 10 years ago... (yes it was that long ago)

Compared to the high performance tires today it'd be rather crap. Tire technology has been improving a lot, as the average cars get faster and faster.

Back then C-Segment was 1.6L Corollas and Civics.. now its moving to 2L N/A and 1.5 turbo charge...
Old dy, after the GS-D3, used the Asy1, then Asy2, and now on Asy3. With technology improvement, yes it can be better but for daily used tyres they have to cater for durability, comfort as well as performance. The directional design caters better for wet, even though the Dunlop SP9000 have an almost similar thread pattern they are not up to par with the GS-D3. Even now on the Asy3, I still love the GS-D3 in the wet. Of course for overall traction, handling the Asy3 are way better, just that if on wet handling alone it will be the GS-D3.....lol

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, I am keen to send my car for dyno. Any good place to recommend in JB area? Do they do four wheel dyno as well?

cheers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience