Water in engine combustion chamber

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
The problem started this morning for my Putra, when i just started my car and driving it out, I noticed engine jerking. Checked engine oil okay, spark plug cables okay. After further diagnosis, I noticed spark plug no. 1 (closest to the timing belt) rusty. I took it out and i was surprised to see that the ignition point that generates the spark was wet! The whole spark plug was really rusty and since it was wet, firing was not proper. I checked the other 3 spark plugs, all okay, with no rust whatsoever. After I replaced the rusty spark plug, okay already.

My problem now is i am worried on how water got into the combustion chamber. A few things on my mind:-

1. My radiator coolant level has been dropping too fast in the past 6 months which suggests a leak. Possible that my engine block is cracked and radiator water is leaking into the combustion chamber? My engine is standard with minimal mods and i dun race it much. Any symptoms for a cracked engine block?

2. I sent my car for a full car wash and engine wash too about 2 weeks back. My engine cover was taken out by me the other time and I did not put it back at the time they washed the engine. So water entered the spark plug compartment but did not go into the engine and was accumulating there for sometime. Only when i unscrewed the spark plug, the water entered and wet the spark plug ignition point?

I replaced the spark plugs just recently, back in October.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Toyota’s reputation for building reliable cars is continuing to crumble with news today of yet another engine problem, this time with officials in Australia holding back sales of the V6-powered RAV4 SUV. The latest problem surrounds an issue with regard to models equipped with Toyota’s 3.5L global V6. Officials claim the cars were pulled because the engine was not operating “as smoothly as would be expected”, and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience