Vios E rear brake drum werird sound

dixonleong

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
mine is the 06 vios E with rear drum brake

now when my slowly press the brake before the car full stops, i hear weird noise on the rear (krak..krak ..krak ...like metal intermittently grinding with something)
after several test conditioned performed confirm only when braking got this sound and come from rear

went to 1st workshop:
1) use air gun clean the inside of drum -> result, still got noice but slighhtly lower
2) suspect drum bowl warped / bengkok, suggest me to chnge brake shoe 1st if can need to skim the drum bowl -->result , after change brake shoe sound even louder

since after chaning brake shoe, time very late and the shop ask me come back tomorrow to check again.
i went to 2nd workshop for 2nd opinion:
1) suggest to skim drum bowl -->result, 1 bowl is slightly dented , but still got sound there :dontknow:
2) skim the newly installed brake shoe --> same :x
3) furtehr check found 1 side the brake pump is leaking oil, suggest might be the issue --> pending stock to come tomorrow to change it
4) check the springs , absorber, stabilizer links ...all ok

anyone of u guys experience before? am not sure even after replacing the brake pump, ths issue will still be there or not

urgent help needed, car left at the workshop now !!

kulatsue

From Facebook
Aug 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
same problem..

i'm driving a wira 1.5gli, rear drum convert to disc taken out from mitsu. same problem with you.. recently got cracking sound from my right rear disc.. send to workshop and the diagnostic was the same as your post.. bla..bla.. bla.. so if any sifu here may cross this problem before please give some opinion.

thanks in advance..

dixonleong

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
Problem rectify , rear right side brake pump leaking, replaced and slim the new pads a bit, sound gone. Now only got very little constant grinding sound which is normal due to skimmed drum bowl n pads, will smoother after a while n gone.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What kind of mod should we have or do to make our turbo boost up b4 2.5k or even 3k...??????And without antilag system....??????How ahh...full pedal then turbo goes up and awayyy?????? :huh: :D :P
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience