Tuning SAFC and AVCR... Need advice.

Hey guys the car has done atleast 2000km of running in at now its time to up the boost.
Dont laugh at my dumb questions as i'm new to "basic" tuning.
Just want to know if i on the right direction.

I'm running the 1st gen blue screen SAFC.
What throttle position do u set it to? Mine's 25% Lo and 65% Hi
I roughly understand that to tune WOT u just make sure the AFR is ok throught the rev range. I've set it to a conservative 11.7 AFR on the WB.
But urm how do u get the right balance on "part" throttle then?
Any tips to share on tuning something so basic yet sounds impossible to me.

Also how do u guys set the "Dec Air" option? According to the manual its for cars with stalling problems for atmo BOV ( i dont have one). Anyway how should i set it?

Also my car oddly has stalling issues. It seems when i clutch in after crusing the revs drops and stalls. What could it be?
My cars has a full rebuild with oversize 1mm pistons. Run a GTR fuel pump, new Denso IK24 plugs, and cleaned injectors. Checked all the vacuum pipes too.
Funny that when I up the NePoint 1 on lo thorttle to 30% its ok....
Rolling Eyes

I using an AVCR for boost control. Aim to set Lo Boost 1 bar and Hi Boost 1.3 bar.
I somehow cannot seem to get the duty to go into self learn mode where is see the Duty: ****. Is it because it senses its still spiking?
It funny that i need to set the duty to 20% compared to my friends Silvias for 1 bar.
My other concern is how do u set the "gear judge" in "ETC" mode where u dial in some figure for diffent gears? Am i suppose to drive it around in a particular gear? Or just set it to the higest rpm devided over speed for each individual gear?
Also doing a search in the forum.gtiroc.com i dont understand why am i advised to turn of "Gear Learn" option.

Thanks so much for reading my problems and really appreicate your input guys.
Cheers.

hi,

i am not an expert but i'll post my setup
i using AVCR on my STI as well...
cant help you on the AFC, cause i dont have 1

My duty is set at 65% by my tuner...
my lo boost is at 1 bar, max 1.3...
ne point remains at plusminus 0
i running on walbro255 fuel pump...
as for gear learn option, i not using as well.. ( actually dunno how to set)

I'm running the 1st gen blue screen SAFC.
What throttle position do u set it to? Mine's 25% Lo and 65% Hi
I roughly understand that to tune WOT u just make sure the AFR is ok throught the rev range. I've set it to a conservative 11.7 AFR on the WB.
But urm how do u get the right balance on "part" throttle then?
Any tips to share on tuning something so basic yet sounds impossible to me.

Also how do u guys set the "Dec Air" option? According to the manual its for cars with stalling problems for atmo BOV ( i dont have one). Anyway how should i set it?

i've seen guide on internet but i forgot the link.. AFR display on SAFC is not perfectly measure like wideband AFR sensor so why dont u waste ur bit of money for dyno&wideband tuning n after that maybe u can see&learn bout tuning. maybe my lil advice can help u become a tuner.:X-:

Hie.

I think its best for you to Dyno tune it. It touches a lot of other senses as well. Ur air, fuel etcs. It will be more accurate and safer. I did mine at GT Auto. Not very expensive also.

cheers'

A lot to explain lar bro. Come out and yum cha lah. Then all will be made clear... muahahahahaha

Gear judge u just drive in 1st gear and u see the figures running, just click next. And do this for the 5 gears u have. It just sets a figure for the avcr computer to know which gear ya using. It doesnt matter how fast u r driving when u set this, its the same if u drive fast or slow. Best to get a passenger to poke the buttons on the avcr while u'r driving.

I'm using an Innovate Wideband O2 to tune lah. I would have thought road tuning( though dangerous) would be better as the conditions would be more realistic as opposed to the dyno where the loads are just simulated, same with air flow. Just my 2 cents... I'm just toying around with 8 miserable rpm points... Not 20X20 resolution maps hehe.

So the gear judge thingy, u just need to set it at any rpm? Just drive in that gear and press "NEXT"? I would have thought u calculate the redline rpm divided by max speed for that gear. Coz its funny that the speedo guage on the AVCR is quite inaccurate.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom