Tufoil without oil change?

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I've been reading a lot about tufoil lately and most of your recommendations require an oil change. Can it be used before the oil change period and is there any loss of performance without an oil change?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Best to use Tufoil with oil change. Anything below 1000 km into an oil change it is still alright to add in Tufoil.

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Can it be used in conjunction with other solution ie. previously I was using engine sealant to prevent minor leaks.

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
ok thanks, tried it yesterday with an oil change. Here's what I found :-

Good Points
1. Noisy tuppets no longer occured
2. Engine seems smoother & less vibration

Bad Points
1. Seems to react with engine sealant solution, now my minor leaks from gaskets re-occured

Has anyone had experience using Tufoil with engine sealant solutions?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Tufoil does not cause gaskets to leak. Our guess is that fresh engine oil contains detergents and these cause " temporary seals" to open out. When running on oil that has aged say 3000-5000 km, you will notice that the oil is quite gummy. It is this condition of oil that gives you a temporary seal. Next, when you change your oil again, the leak reappears.

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I was using an engine sealant solution before this and it solved the minor gasket leaks. Can it be used again? Any negative effects on tufoil with the engine sealant solution?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Tufoil is compatible with both mineral and syntheic oils.

For anybody to answer your question of whether Tufoil will react with your sealing solution, he has to perform a real time live lab test. Two identical engines would have to be compared and both would have to be new or rebuilt for the test.It would hence be very expensive and time-consuming just to prove a point.

There again, engine gaskests don't last forever. By any standards a temporary gasket seal is no seal at all. It may leak again and cause misery.

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
From my understanding, this maybe due to the opposite characters of sealants and tufoil. No doubt, it's best to find a permanent sealant solution rather than temporary. Just that if anyone has tried using both at the same time, I am curious to find out if they have the same result.

I also notice that after using tufoil, there seems to be a metal 'ka-ching' sound whenever the clutch or accelerator pedal is depressed, is this normal?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Tufoil has no effect on the performance of clutch or accelerator. There is no direct relationship.The accelerator pedal feels a little bit " tensed " on account of increased engine torque. It is like pulling the kite string against the strong wind.

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
good to know it's nothing to worry about. After a few days, the noise dissapeared.

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
I was kinda sceptical on using Tufoil on a turbo engine... is it good for the turbo? Frequency of adding tufoil? every oil change? Once a year?

Sorry for the noob questions no experience on this before.....

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
supposedly 1 bottle on 1st oil change and 1/2 bottle at every other oil change. This is also my 1st time using it with 15 40 mineral oil. Will post some updates as time goes by until my next oil change.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
A number of Mivec owners are already hooked on Tufoil.

We have always said, the road map to high performance begins with lubrication. When you want to squeeze more out of that engine, you have to be prepared to deal with more heat i.e. deadly friction. Even the plugs you use have to be colder and they make the engine more difficult to start especially those who choose racing plugs.With Tufoil, starting is easier.

First time users - 1 full 237ml bottle.At subsequent oil changes, a minimum of half bottle. If your engine is using 7-8 litres of engine oil, the Tufoil requirement will be doubled.

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
any effect if we continue to use the whole bottle for EVERY oil change? more specifically...for an engine that uses only 3 litres of engine oil...

thanks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There's no stopping the Porsche RS cult. Although the fancy orange / red / green accents aren't everyone's cup of tea, it is worshiped by the the rest. The cult is fast spreading and this 2012 beetle is one example of the RS adoption. Simply lowered on VMR wheels in signal orange with matching side decals and big brakes, it just...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience