Truck service - fuel consumption high

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
I'm having a diesel turbocharged 2500cc mitsubishi storm.
Currently full tank (RM115) can only reach 400km/full tank :bawling:.
As I heard, 700km/full tank shouldn't b a problem. My car also feels sluggish.
Can it be the fuel pump?
Any recommended workshop ? :adore:
I'm in Jalan Kuchai Lama area.
Thanks

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
what mileage has your engine done? is there a lot of black smoke coming out your exhaust? and when? on idle? acceleration? hard acceleration?

Cheers.

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
will check the mileage later. not much black smoke. just no power at initial 1st gear pick up. need to ram some fuel only can run. 400km / full tank is on street drive and highway.
the max the car on high way now only 130km/h. previously can go 150km/hr

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
1st things need to do is proper maintenance jobs.

change ur atf/gearbox oil. (suggested to add atf cooler if doesnt hv one)
change axle oil
change engine oil 15w40 is ok, 20w50 seems too heavy, mineral or semi syn is acceptable.
if engine oil never flush, then pour in a cheapo brand diesel engine oil to the engine. let it run for 5-10min and drain it off. replace new oil filter and new oil. these should helps to clean internal of engine...

check ur turbo hoses and intercooler and clean those dirt inside intercooler and check if the turbo hoses leak/damages....

change fuel filter

and normally what we did is.....when ur car diesel left 15-20%, we pour in diesel injector cleaner to the fuel tank(one bottle) and drive the car...let it clean it entire fuel system....

when the fuel is empty, refill the tank to half and pour in another bottle.

if these cannot helps, mean ur fuel pump and injector hv to sent to service already

Last edited:

david wai

Jan 14, 2011
shah alam
Try Morey's diesel smoke killer,Morey Oil - Auckland based distributors and manufacturers of top quality lubricants, New Zealand It is available at Ampang Auto,ampang point,kl:nurse::driver::biggrin:
the morey diesel smoke killer is not only a combustion chamber cleaner is also a injector cleaner, this upper cylinder lubricant can help to seal the valves of the engine which provide full compression and result in maximum output for achieving top speed easily at above 140 km, regular use of it not only responsive but also economical and lower maintenace in the long run on turbo engines.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To commemorate the immense history of the Viper on and off the track, Dodge created a selection of editions, with each possessing unique characteristics and appearance, while paying tribute to the different eras and achievements of the Viper.

And all 215 units were sold out within a week...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience