toyota corolla ke30....reviews !!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ravingill

500 RPM
Hye to all zth frens.......i just gat my hands on a 79 toyota corolla ke30...kinda cool old muscle car....well to anyone who noes or have a ke30 corolla , i would really apreciate ur reviews and opinions on >>>

1. whre to get parts (shop name and location )
2. how is the fuel consumption
3. common problems with the car
4. how does it drive as a daily car
5. modifications
6. any other things u wana add oso can

thx to all....i duno many ke30 owners but hope to find a few frens here....by da way i also own a proton wira...but hands itchy so also want a muscle car...next time hand itchy buy exotic...ha ha !!! thx

ravin gill

5. modifications

1. chop shop
2. very nice, according to my friend, considering it is only 4 speed.
3. 1979 buddy, rust, rust and more rust. If you can't see them outside it is inside, strip it and you'll know.
4. dunno wor, but if it is well taken care of, shiney new, engine tip top condition i think it is fun to drive, what more it's FR.
5. 4agte 12psi 220hp@flywheel.. sure you fly. Rear leaf spring is a bit of a problem though.
6. It is no way near "cool old muscle car", if you want that get the old school celica.

ravingill said:
- chop shop? not sure about that.... but here in Ipoh we went to the 'kedai botol'

ravingill said:
- with what engine? From 3k i can get ~110km/RM10 at 100km/h

ravingill said:
- K engine problem??? Man we talking about TOYOTA and the K engine. Never heard K engine being kill before... or did u?

ravingill said:
- at stock form, great if u have a air-cond la.....

ravingill said:
5. modifications
- hahahaaa....this is a TOYOTA la. Got alot of option. Hemmm...where to start?..... it depend on what u in to more.

ravingill said:
- i want to wish everybody a Barakah 1428 H. May Allah bless we all. Thank you.

thx for ur replies.....well whn i get more cash considering an engine transplant la....but dunoe how jpj and all.....kinda interested wif ca18det or 4age....hmmm

old school muscle...it does not have the look but i sure will try my best to do it up....anyone can tell me wads the top speed of the stock 3k engine....hmm

thx bro.........any other review or opinions are welcomed !!

ravin gill

hei raving,
wht a nice car you have.. 4age will be ok aredy as i have drive a ke20 with 4age before. quite nice..
easy to drift like AE86 if supercharged on ke..
mounting wise also ok, no need much to modified..
haha.. enjoy your fun car..

thx a lot mag9556......well just gat it gat a lot to do hope u can share some info wif me....

whre can i find parts for this car...any shop/location
stock engine capable of wad top speed
and does the car giv problem a lot or very smooth rider !!!

thx bro !!

raving,
abt this car a? petrol ok lor.. 86 engine have better respond thn the ori lor..
stock engine how fast a? dun know le.. coz the meter overturn (turn one round whn speed up) haha..

actually i have a fren have this car (totally ori) but this car under his wife name and now pass away liao so can not renew roadtax aredy.
he did mention to me that he wanna to sell it, u can pm me if u interested.
but the car need to overhaul liao lor (can not move to far distance.. hehe old liao ma..) ok la if u want the parts..

spare parts ah? dun know le.. as some use other car spare parts to modify it into the car.. if u 1 more info, just let me know i will try to ask my fren as he is a foreman..

good luck..

ok thx bro....well thx so much for ur info...really apreciate it....for aanyone else who wana send their reviews and opinions feel free as this is a forum for ke30 rolla.....

ravin gill

ravingill said:
bump for the day...anyone here still rollin in a rolla......k-series ony....reviews and opinions wanted....lol
k-series ar.. hmm.. me can or not? well.. literally me no more "K" series anymore.. no more running k engine.. XD..

but damn lar.. those engine sure is a tough little potato, if you say "i'm gonna wait until the engine blow before swap engine" then you might as well forget about it.

i wonder why i like to refer to the k series engine as potatoes..

serious ah rollakid...the engine that tough ah...wad was the japanses thinkin while makin this at least put more juice la like 1.6 twin carb oso ok ready.....make strong engine but weak....hmm....well il see how la....if the stock engine cannot giv me the power to go from a - b......thn ca18det or 4age la....which one beta ah by da way...and jpj kacau or nt....hmmm

k series engine is pushrod engine, and they really are just like that, low effecient imho, the old ones lar. One reason i can guess is probably because of the compression ratio, its quite low, for 4k lar, not sure 3k. someone hybrid it using 3k head on 4k or 5k block to get better compression and more power.

best yet if you can find the 16valve TRD head for 3k, that one really nice lor hahahahah. if not, 3k's displacement can hardly move up to other engine within "trouble-less" margin.

ok ok...but if lets say i hybrid the engine jpj wont kacau ah....and how much the cost roughly coz if its gona be high might as well change to 4age or ca18det....by da way in kl area any known parts shop ah for myke30...i need side mirrors la..no side mirrors o....and where am i to find old school deep dish rims ah bro....thx a lot

hybrid it only if you truly want an old school car, since hybrid the engine won't give as much power as 4age.

3k -> 4age is over the 25% limit, no idea if it will be of any problem or not

Like all old cars, its hard to get body parts for them. Actually you can still find bumpers for your KE20. But they are not the original Japan bumper but taiwanese ones. In fact i'm using taiwanese chrome bumpers for mine. :regular_smile:

Old carb cars drink fuel like mad. No matter single or dual. You compare your 1.3 carb to a 1.3 EFI. No way you are going to get high mileage. Whatever the EFI engine gets, you just deduct 70km from there.

Rust, misaliged body, worn rubber seals, worn steering racks, worn bearings all round, almost everything is worn, unless the previous owner keeps it as a classic car.

All leaf spring RWD cars exhibit understeer. Unless you could get better spring rates with better supensions for them. Also if you like hard accelerations the leaf springs tend to bend in awkward positions a little, getting less traction. So you need traction bar. Basically you are going to have a lot of problems trying to get the rear to listen to you. Not to mention bumpy rides because of solid axle.

5. modifications
You could do with a 4K-5K upgrade. There are shops out there that does high powered K series engine mods. Check out this site under old school for info. www.drift.com.my. I have ho idea how much. But basically you are looking at either 4 throttle EFI or weber with some high cam.

If you stick to your old setup, overhaul, strip and repaint, rewrap interior. You could go for further 50% road tax reduction. This is to get the car to classic status. You can't mod the car before you go to JPJ inspection. But this is only if you decide to go this way. But if you mod, the seriously, you won't ask what potential problems you would face now right?

ok if i hybrid jpj wont kacau isit....and how much will it cost to hybrid it......

since 4age is above the 25%limit...wad engine is suitable for ke30 then....or shall i just convert without jpj concern..........but if hybrid is cheaper i would consider hybrid too.....bcoz i dun wana rum with tht car just wana have a smooth ...and comfortable ride....at least capable of 160km/h good enough bcoz tht car is old skool not meant to run....u noe wad i mean....how bro wad to do...anyways ur drivin ke70 ryte...wad engine u transplant...how much cost u and how jpj....

the road tac is currently less thn rm100 since its ony 1200cc....my body all ok ...just that i need to replace both ma tail lights....and i need some side mirrors...dunoe whre to get la.....since b4 this neva had an old skool b4...lol.....anyways thx for the info netmatrix really helpful....by da way u ridin in ke20 ryte...i suppose its similar to ke30 la....wad engine ur using....gimme some info bout ur rolla man....thx bro

sure less than rm100 lar.. 4age also rm72 only liau hahahahaa so good.. few years ago still rm200+.. but no good petrol naik..

if only 3 liter engine or 4 liter engine also drop roadtax..

b.u.m.p for this post again...bck to discussion of my rolla !!

I had a KE30 last time. The chassis is superb, rigid and tough. But the engine is very old and underpowered. I will be nice if u get to put a 4AGE engine into it. And oso will be superb IF u manage to convert your rear suspension to adjustable.

My mech happens to mod any old car's suspension mountings to adjustable suspension. PM me if u would like to talk to my mech.

This is the least I can contribute to ur thread, bro. Enjoy your "ROLLA", its a nice nostalgic car!

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom