total power loss.. high fuel consumption..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

JDD218

Dec 16, 2007
i'm driving an ad resort 1.6 carburator engine,auto transmision. the problem is stated above..
parts that have been repaired/replace:
1) gearbox auto-overhauled
2)alternator
3)carburator
4)distributor
5)plug cable NGK
6)spark plug iridium
7)fuel pump
8)fuel filter

*the car jerks when flooring the accelerator like not enough fire power
*it cost me rm120 for petrol traveling from jb to melaka and back again
*some say it's a wiring problem.. if the sifus here can help, i really apreciate it..thanks in advance:confused:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Many reasons for high FC wor. Many things needed to be checked. Generally as below.

1. exhaust too big and has no back pressure.
2. valve leak
3. Not proper tuned
4. Engine loss compression
5. fuel line leaking
6. Driver right leg problem
7. and etc

:rofl:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
Many reasons for high FC wor. Many things needed to be checked. Generally as below.

2. valve leak
3. Not proper tuned
5. fuel line leaking
7. and etc

yups not properly tunes might be the problem bro...

JDD218

Dec 16, 2007
one more thing.. when the distributor is advanced all the way, still no knocking sound.. i've gone to a few tuners but still no difference.. they use that strobe light.. even a machine to tune my carb.. i'm starting to give up on my car.. please someone help..!!:adore:

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

my car and engine all stock standard..thanks

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Normally, 1st thing a mechaninc will do is to see/smell the fume come out from exhaust.....wah, long story :sleep: :biggrin: To make it short, go to another workshop and try.

If don't look at the real thing, don't know which part is wrong. Only can guess. Anyway, can tell us more what had been done on your carburetor ar? also, the speed vs rpm normal or not? example like 110km/h @ 3000rpm. Tyre pressure ok or not? When lift the car up, hand can spin the wheels or not? Can confirm that day you got release your hand brake or not :biggrin:

JDD218

Dec 16, 2007
hehe..no modifications done on my car..stock standard.. my carb just replace only,take out old one put in new one, i've listed all the parts changed above.. yes the rpm vs speed is normal.. 110kmh@3000rpm.. today i noticed when i tarik pick-up got smoke like carbon coming out.. and top speed is only 120kmh even if i floor the accelerator.. and the engine starts to jerk from 80kmh to 120kmh.. like not enough fire power.. could a faulty exhaust system cause this problem? catalytic converter choked or blocked? i've spent alot trying to solve this.. changed parts that does not need to be change.. big headache..!!

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Which rpm started to behave abnormal? If started from idling, then will have big possibility on the auto-choke function on the carb. If only start from certain rpm, then may be main jet (release throttle got problem then is the pilot jet). I assume that the air filter is new and all parts are good. Send to another workshop la if want fast.

JDD218

Dec 16, 2007
the car only starts to jerk when 80kmh onwards.. and my top speed is only 120kmh even if tekan habis..hehe..funny but true.. anyone has a good explanation please..??

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
carburetor need tuning
make sure fuel filter fitted correctly
fuel pump replace with oem one
check sparkplug correct model n heat range or not
readjust ur ignition timing

JDD218

Dec 16, 2007
already done that mr sky.. can a faulty exhaust system cause all these problem? catalytic convertor chocked@blocked? the distributor both old one and new one don't knock even if i turn it too advanve.. please..someone..help.. :-)

jj.v6

Known Member
Aug 30, 2009
johor baru
already done that mr sky.. can a faulty exhaust system cause all these problem? catalytic convertor chocked@blocked? the distributor both old one and new one don't knock even if i turn it too advanve.. please..someone..help.. :-)
u facing all this problem after u chg ur cab???then the fault is with ur cab..
is it ori??or recon? or taiwan made...
if all this problem is after chg cb.then u know whris the prob...
why chg to new cab??any reason?

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

i'm driving an ad resort 1.6 carburator engine,auto transmision. the problem is stated above..
parts that have been repaired/replace:
1) gearbox auto-overhauled
2)alternator
3)carburator
4)distributor
5)plug cable NGK
6)spark plug iridium
7)fuel pump
8)fuel filter

*the car jerks when flooring the accelerator like not enough fire power
*it cost me rm120 for petrol traveling from jb to melaka and back again
*some say it's a wiring problem.. if the sifus here can help, i really apreciate it..thanks in advance:confused:
few thing whc u chg need more details...cab&distributer...is it ori???recon??
try ur old one...distributer 1st..seems like no current frm distributer...(ur fuel seems more than enough)ngk plug cable whc type??blue??ori or else??a lot diff between ori and pirates...dif voltage(but maybe not the main reason for ur problem)

how about ur exhaust system..did u chg/mod it?or still stock?

limking

Mar 12, 2009

2. valve leak
3. Not proper tuned
5. fuel line leaking
7. and etc

Most likely the cuprit would be No.4 Loss of compression

JDD218

Dec 16, 2007
everything that i've change is original.. because it was taken out from my first AD resort which is running good.. only gearbox overhauled and NGK plug cable blue bought from halfcut.. i've been having this problem since i bought this second AD resort about 3 months ago, but now the jerking and power loss gone bad..that is why i changed part by part to trace which one is faulty, still no result.. but if you suggest no compression, the pickup is still there,still can skid from 1'st going on 2nd gear.. the car jerks from 80kmh onwards and top speed is just 120kmh even when 'tekan habis'..

can someone tell me how can i measure the voltage coming out from the distributor and alternator is enough to support?

thanku all for the advice.. really appreciate it..

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

everything is stock standard..no modifications made yet..

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
What petrol are u using?

For my car, Shell RON 95 gives me the worst mileage and make my car underpowered.. The best is BHPetrol Infinity 2x RON 97.

JDD218

Dec 16, 2007
i'm using petronas 97.. but the engine old model.. also got effect if wrong use of petrol?

jj.v6

Known Member
Aug 30, 2009
johor baru
everything that i've change is original.. because it was taken out from my first AD resort which is running good.. only gearbox overhauled and NGK plug cable blue bought from halfcut.. i've been having this problem since i bought this second AD resort about 3 months ago, but now the jerking and power loss gone bad..that is why i changed part by part to trace which one is faulty, still no result.. but if you suggest no compression, the pickup is still there,still can skid from 1'st going on 2nd gear.. the car jerks from 80kmh onwards and top speed is just 120kmh even when 'tekan habis'..

can someone tell me how can i measure the voltage coming out from the distributor and alternator is enough to support?

thanku all for the advice.. really appreciate it..

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

everything is stock standard..no modifications made yet..
suspect ur exhaust mismatch...an giv us ur extractor size,mid pipe? muffler?

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

wiring problem might be........did u smell any fuel smell aft going around??might be carb needs servicing again...u sure all stock?
ask ur wrkshop if they instal the correct ratio for auto tranny...too pick-up no top speed...
how is ur idling after warm up...?below 1?above 1??give us exact numbers...any abnormal behavior?sudden drop/increment in rpm??
after fllooring hear any aplomb at exhaust...?
ur piping??is it above 2 inch??
r u using any fuel regulator??
u say ur car stock...any piggyback??(just asking)

JDD218

Dec 16, 2007
changed all the exhaust system to OEM one also yesterday, but no luck.. still jerks at 80kmh above..

JDD218

Dec 16, 2007
my idling is normal before warm up 600rpm,after warm up 900rpm, the exhaust is OEM, sometime when start to excelarate@start moving the the engine feel like dying..sometimes jerks.. how can i know the distributor spark is good..??

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
my idling is normal before warm up 600rpm,after warm up 900rpm, the exhaust is OEM, sometime when start to excelarate@start moving the the engine feel like dying..sometimes jerks.. how can i know the distributor spark is good..??
unplug ur sparkplug cable
get an additional good condition (new/used) sparkplug
sumbat inside the plugged out sparkplug cable
hold the rubber part of the cable with the top electrode tip touching the metal frame of ur car
start engine and watch the spark

JDD218

Dec 16, 2007
in normal terms, red coloured fire is not that hot, blue coloured fire is real hot.. so i should expect blue-ish spark then its good..??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

calling all sifus, my dashbod panel now is wooden type (the one covering around aircond panel, radio player and meter). pretty ugly to me coz nuting in my car hav dat wooden design. plan to use carbon fiber sticker on it. izit possible as the panel got lots of curve here and there???? anyone done it b4.. anyway where can get cf sticker the one looks like real quality, most i saw doesnt look nice coz really looks printed one lor... help
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience