Titan Review

fazidk

Dear ppl,

I just got my wira turbo titan'd yesterday (10th May 2004). Fyi, I had NOT experience dis product before dis EXCEPT from wat i read n hear. From wat i've noticed there r mixed approvals/emotions/opinions about dis product there4 making me more sceptical. Anyway, I was thinking "if i were 2 get a local brand then there r lots of em in d market...minus d branded jap ones which cost a bomb"..so b4 yesterday (10/5/04), I did my share of shock-shopping til I finally decided 2 drop by at Titan 4 maybe a test drive or a review/preview of d product.

So here I was being briefed thoroughly about d product by d TD who seems 2 know wat he's talking about...either dat or I dont know much about shocks s i think i do. Anyway,nevertheless, he's explaination was very impressive n clear..making me know more about shocks n all...then came d test drive in d titan'd civic (wish it was in d mivec'd satria) but d civic had 2 do...result??i WAS SO impressed wiz d comfort level (hard not harsh) n d overall performance of d product..S im pretty sure some of u have taken d test drive n wld agree wiz me dat those drivers in Titan r crazy...taking corners like there's no tomorrow...just 2 convince ppl about their product..:)..good show guys

After d test drive, I was still sceptical tho not s much s b4...still needed more convincing b4 i part wiz my RM's...not cheap u know...:) but it only took 20 minutes after d test drive 2 make me decide n soon after they were custom building a set 4 me....d only set back was dat it took them 3 extra hours compared 2 wat was promised 2 me!!...but time well spent...even tho im still slightly sceptical (wat wld u expect from a customer who installs it at 1st time visit..),it wld take a cpl of rides in getting used 2 d new set-up n will b back on saturday (17/5/2004) 4 some feedback (good or bad)

Overall??im quite happy/satisfied (4 now at least) of d new set up..height is reasonably low (compared 2 my last set-up which was too low)..WITHOUT compromising too much comfort n WITH d performance n handling of a track car..(or maybe just slightly below then a track/race car...sorry 4 d exaggeration)..

my honest opinion??go ahead 4 d test drive b4 u decide..its of NO obligations n u have nothing 2 lose...but believe me...u wont b d same AFTER d test drive..i wasnt...

acbc

KD
Same here... I'm very happy after upgrading to Titan for my E33A. Although the price is a bit steep for local absorbers but it is the tuning and quality support that matters the most. From sales to technical... top notch!

kklteh

May 10, 2004
Sydney
Hi fazidk,

I was also a bit sceptical when my cousiin told me about titans early last year. took me 6 months to go over as was busy shopping around for shocks. Its not as eay to get stuff for my car (ford laser) as compared to protons and hondas.

When I finally paid them a visit, was bowled over by the ride in the civic . This was further confirmed by one of the owners giving me a lift in his MB 300E (titaned, of course) when i went to send in my car for fitting.

Its been 8 months for me, and there have been no serious complaints. Mine was tuned to street performance level....definately comfort was not a consideration as I value handling much much more. Am waiting for my tyres to wear down a bit more before taking it to SIC to see what it really can do. Sure, the ride was hard (to me at least in the beginning and still over those small multiple road bumps) but the improvement in the handling (cornering and braking performance) more than makes up for it.

Definatley one of the best upgrades to my car that I have made.

Cheers

acbc

KD
Say Stan, Richard's Cefiro is auto or manual? Never tried it b4...

maxguy

Dec 15, 2003
Hi acbc,

Richard's cefiro was auto, test drive b4 i'm go 4 titaned my kenari. hehe i'm happy titaned folk 2

Sifus, need some help here. I'm from penang, driving a Mira-ed 659 EFI turbocharged Kancil with a normal stock boost of only 7 psi. I'd like to increase its performance buy upgrading my turbine (maybe a TD04), but from wat some frens tipped me off, i need to strengthen my internal engine parts.

This is where i'm weakest. I wanna understand a few questions below:

1) What effects might take place if i upgrade these internal parts (e.g. cam pulley, camshaft, compression ratio, crankshaft...