Tire Price list Zth

Both R1R and RS-R are extreme class, i.e one down from semi slicks. Federal's semi slick offering would be FZ-201.

Pretty bad I guess. I would be driving in the left lane at max 70km/h in heavy rain. Anything above, it would start aquaplaning. My other car on KU31 tires can be driven at 100km/h under the same condition no problem.

My bad. I totally forgot about the FZ-201.
70 at best eh. That's honestly quite scary. What about normal rain conditions, like without standing water?
Im most probably jumping to the 002 boat if that's the case.

It's obviously better but once you've felt the aquaplaning sensation, you tend to hold back when you see rain drops, light or heavy..:biggrin:

RE-002 could be the sensible option. Price seems to have slightly dropped from RM3++ to RM2++ for R15. Nitto Neogens also might worth a try.

F1-D5 is not too expensive, the cheapest of the 3 but still around low rm400 I suppose.

He aiming closer to RM300 now....hahhahaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Both R1R and RS-R are extreme class, i.e one down from semi slicks. Federal's semi slick offering would be FZ-201.

Pretty bad I guess. I would be driving in the left lane at max 70km/h in heavy rain. Anything above, it would start aquaplaning. My other car on KU31 tires can be driven at 100km/h under the same condition no problem.

You remind me of my friend on RE-070 on his Evo X, drive at 80kph when rain, until he swap them for GY Asy 2, then on to PSS....:driver:

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

My bad. I totally forgot about the FZ-201.
70 at best eh. That's honestly quite scary. What about normal rain conditions, like without standing water?
Im most probably jumping to the 002 boat if that's the case.

Both tyres even though directional do not have straight line water channels. Standing water will be a problem, wet/damp roads should be okay

RE-002 is UHP category dy.....:driver:

*slightly off-topic*
Just a thought that occurred to me. If I were to put low profile tyres and I do not change rims, wouldn't that make my car lower and have better handling response?

*slightly off-topic*
Just a thought that occurred to me. If I were to put low profile tyres and I do not change rims, wouldn't that make my car lower and have better handling response?

Lower profile means less tyre flex. Technically yes. And also smaller diameter, more torque. But speedo reading will be wrong.

So my theory was correct. Why will the speedo be wrong though? Is it because that it measures wheel turns? If that's the case, wouldn't changing the rim size itself cause the speedo to not be accurate?

So my theory was correct. Why will the speedo be wrong though? Is it because that it measures wheel turns? If that's the case, wouldn't changing the rim size itself cause the speedo to not be accurate?

Yes, any change in tyre size must keep to within 3% of change.

When changing rim size as in up size, you have to bring down the profile (aspect ratio) of the tyres as in low profile so that the overall diameter maintains within 3% change.

For example, Myvi with 175/65R14 can change to the following
185/55R15 - Overall diameter bigger by 0.24% closes tyres size for upgrade to 15"
195/50R15 - Overall diameter smaller by 1.22%
195/55R15 - Overall diameter bigger by 2.13%. Even though furthest size off many uses this size, because tyres size very common and have many choices, and more comfort then 50 series

Even if not changing rim size you can up the width of the tyres to compensate back the height.
For example -
185/60R14 - Overall diameter smaller by 0.94%, even though profile gone down to 60, tyre width up to 185.
Like for your size is 195/55R15, right? then can go for 205/50R15...:driver:

How do i get the correct speed then?
Also, didnt know i could go 205/50. Thanks for the info!

What was your original tyre size? Is 195/55R15 the original? I don't think so right? So best is to start from original size, then keep to with 3%:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Aiyak. I need mounting and balancing also.

If cheap then factor in those cost and see if still cheaper.....:driver:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom