testimony on behalf of Ah Ming

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
About my machinist friend - Ah Ming - I've been poisoning him to install TiTAN since I installed them last September.

He tested my car and said although it cost RM2.8k but it really does feel better than his RM1.8k upgrade by allot. Still, as usual, $$$ problem, never "BOTHER" install TiTAN.

One fine day accident - this idiot (haha lucky he never read forum) - always driving 190km/h - so it's only obvious one day or another accident. Some more take out the RM1.8k six months old but 50% dead / defective suspension and put in 1.8 GSR type suspension, but also like 50% dead.

Anyway, he was just too fast at a corner and lost it.

After that - he said - when he get his car back - the 1st thing he'll do is install TiTAN.

And he did.

The followings are his words: -

1) wah, very surprised, very surprised, now step out of my car, still don't believe TiTAN is so......... smooth, soft, yet hard when needed for performance. .........

It's so performance, but my mom won't even know it, sure can use this car and take her balik kampung she won't complain :)

action - blink eyes, speechless, shake head, big smile on his face ......

2) I feel the pick-up is faster - very strange

3) when Richard (owner of TiTAN) tested his car and hard brake - the car stops so much quicker than before, nearly reduce distance by half.

Ok lah, this one exagerate too much, - reality - reduce distance around 30% - may be 35% even.....

After following behind me for a drive around corners and mamak the next day.

4) Chin, now I know why last time I'm unable to follow you, because the old suspension was not good enough. Now I know after I drive a few more days and get to know the response better, I can tapau you, even without LSD, If I have LSD, I think close eyes also can tapau you

bugger - so big mouth now.....

5) last time I tested in your car, TiTAN's sample car, but not in my own car, I wasn't as convinced as now.

But now that I have it. I know what you mean from last time. It really make a very very big difference.

I didn't realise last time, only now I know what I lost last time.....

Ah Ming said more......but I'll end here. You'll have to talk to him to believe 019-342-1095 - give him a call.

One last thing, 2 nights ago a car infront of him suddenly stop due to road damages, not the driver's fault. Ah Ming have to jam brake. The road was sandy a bit. The distant was short, he was at 60km/h.

He managed to stop in time, but got allot of white smokes / like stim coming out from his front tires, until cover 50% of his view in front.

The car owner in front was so shock to see it...... both of them didn't move for a short while - notis the smokes are gone, realise there was no HIT / accident, then drive on.

Ah Ming says, if he didn't install TiTAN, sure accident again.

So, look guys, suspension is the most important upgrade of the car. Get it done right......

I doubt by using the best tires in the world the car would have stopped in time. "Theory" open for discussion.

I'm thinking, by having better tires the grip efficiency increases, braking also improve, but the tires are putting allot more "LOAD" onto the braking system, and if the user did not upgrade a "equally" matching brake pad, the brake performance would not increase.

Saying this, using OEM suspension with allot of dive in the front will still give problems to better braking. I'm sure everyone agrees, less nose dive significantly improves braking.

If the issue of cornering arise, then I contradict myself by saying "perhaps" better tires are more important.....

So, please voice your opinion.

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Ah Ming + TiTAN - Wira Sedan MIVEC

1st install much better than all other things he previously installed.

After test drive a few days want to improve but don't know what to say to Richard so didn't go back to TiTAN.

We had some discussion with Battousai @ Daryl and he suggest to increase the coil seat position by 15 mm.

The reason he suggest this is because we told Battousai that the car front right wheel spin when corner left and vise versa. This is completely different of the norm.

So, Ah Ming increase the coil seat height by 10 mm - kiasu mah, suddenly increase so much, while everyone wants to reduce.

But test drive shows significant improvement. SIGNIFICANT. All good things, not a single bad things.

So, after a few more days, Ah Ming set the rear only 3 mm higher, Wah, even more improvements

Hhaha, So, do not simply reduce height

BTW, I think Battousai also mentioned that during a turn, the car needs to do something which requires the height.

It's something like we stand in LRT and during a turn, not only do we lean over one side but some times we even raise our height to recover balance.

So, give battousai a call, he is really sifu

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
wahahhaha
i know who to look for adi nxt time
and accoustic is titan's new spokesperson keh??? :lol:

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
I'm not spoke person. Just kei-po-ji :)

Ah Ming is my close friend, took me long time to persuade him to install TiTAN :)

Now he is very very satisfied. Took him parents out and they don't know it's performance suspension. Not a single complain. Father says dam good :) he likes :)

Took his boss out for a ride, boss diam diam. But go back office tell the wife Ah Ming's new suspension dam kau good, better than his WAJA :) hahahahhaa - his boss wants face lar, so cannot say to him :) hahahha

The most important thing is battousai's advice :)

I told it to a lotus + altezza owner - he was puzzled. So I say there is a possibility of the issues of human leaning forward when the LRT brakes and purposely stand on one leg and increase the height at certain times. He accepted the possibilities immediately and will increase back the height of his lotus. :) good luck to him :)

Battousai

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.durifto.blogspot.com
Huiyo... chin..
dun lar go around telling the whole world to raise their ride height :blink:

Most cars do benefit from SOME lowering. Just that you can't lower the car past its roll center.

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Originally posted by Battousai@Nov 11 2004, 01:53
Most cars do benefit from SOME lowering. Just that you can't lower the car past its roll center.
Hehehheh, sifu Battousai kena trap lia :)

Hahahha, see, Sifu have spoken.

We all will listen :)

J4X

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Originally posted by Acoustic+Nov 11 2004, 10:58 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Acoustic @ Nov 11 2004, 10:58 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Battousai@Nov 11 2004, 01:53
Hehehheh, sifu Battousai kena trap lia :)

Hahahha, see, Sifu have spoken.

We all will listen :) [/b][/quote]
is it something like.. balancing the contact patch of the outer wheel when cornering? So that the correct height will ensure that the contact patch will be optimal+maximal when cornering. And if over-lower, will result in loss of contact patch when cornering coz the outer wheel chamber too senget during cornering? Something like that ar?

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
No, I don't think it's the contact patch.

You'll have to try LRT standing to realise this.

Stand facing either side of the door, which gives you best stability against acceleration and deceleration of the LRT.

You'll notice at some point during acceleration or deceleration that you'll lean either forward or backward and that during the sudden change from acceleration to normal or deceleration to normal, you'll be standing on one foot only and that you'll need to raise your height by standing on your toes only to stablize your body.

I think is more towards that than contact patch.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If you liked the standard 500’s appearance then you’re definitely going to fall in love with the 500 Abarth.

The sport version of Fiat’s hugely popular minicar has been fitted with an aggressive bodykit that included new bumpers, side skirts, a rear diffuser, wider fenders that house larger alloy rims, a roof spoiler, red mirror caps and Abarth decals. Add the twin exhaust outlets in the rear and this is one 500 that you won’t call...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience