Telstar/626 Gang; Sleeper car!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sudha

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
waah...i just realised that there are so many threads on the telstar/626.

bendix is good. been using it since 2002. never have any problems with my disc. My friend bought a cefiro 2.0 v6 (excimo). changed pads to bendix during the first service. He's been using it longer than me w/out any problems in fact he introduced me to bendix.

Only thing about bendix is that it makes your rims dirty..otherwise, great grip.

Maybe zentrum does not stock bendix? maybe they are trying to push a particular brand? I heard Mintye is good also. check around.

invisibleghost

1,500 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
sudha said:
waah...i just realised that there are so many threads on the telstar/626.

bendix is good. been using it since 2002. never have any problems with my disc. My friend bought a cefiro 2.0 v6 (excimo). changed pads to bendix during the first service. He's been using it longer than me w/out any problems in fact he introduced me to bendix.

Only thing about bendix is that it makes your rims dirty..otherwise, great grip.

Maybe zentrum does not stock bendix? maybe they are trying to push a particular brand? I heard Mintye is good also. check around.
my rims r ok. but i do notice the disk is not smooth, maybe need skimming but i skimmed ard 3 yrs ago. 1st first, the grip is excellent but after 1 yr, not so good. maybe my front tyres coz already 3 yrs

fade2grey

Jul 21, 2005
Puchong
Is bendix a brake pad brand or something? :confused:
I was supposed to use bosch ones but my mechanic couldn't find stop on the day I did up my brakes, so ended up using some other brand which i can't remember... :p

Lan Dugong

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Telok Panglima Garang, Selangor
hi,

it's true Bendix Metal King brakepads do eat up your disk a little. anyway, why go to 911 zentrum to get the pads? go to sparepart shops, I got them for RM110 for front, rear they need to order, price around rm120++. since I need it urgent, I bought the Don Metallic for RM55 for rear.
But there's another good street use pads, the Don product as well, a little metal based plus other materials, cost less then rm100. called up the dealer at pandan long time ago. hard to get at sparepart shops.
I do switch the pads left to right to left for even & better grip every 3mths. Just to make sure the pads are worn out equally as well as maintain the good grips.
hi suda,
I don't need the blower and everything about the aircon that comes under the dash coz I've convert the blower+cooling coil to one unit. nothing can be adjusted anymore except for the fan speed & temp. i will only use the digital controller for fan speed. the rest just buat cantik aje.
hi fad2grey,
well, about the fuel consumption, it's the same like the Naza Ria, Volvo 940GL, maybe the E260....huhuhuhu....something like RM10 for 50-55km depending on my driving attitude ler. Never really think about it thou since I convert the engine and later, upgrade it. I got a weekend family car to use for economical consumption. Weekdays, I'll be driving my dugong to work.
exhaust mod? well, I think proper diameter & length of exhaust do give a better consumption. but i don't know what's the spec of a car.

Lan D

fade2grey

Jul 21, 2005
Puchong
Lan Dugong said:
hi fad2grey,
well, about the fuel consumption, it's the same like the Naza Ria, Volvo 940GL, maybe the E260....huhuhuhu....something like RM10 for 50-55km depending on my driving attitude ler. Never really think about it thou since I convert the engine and later, upgrade it. I got a weekend family car to use for economical consumption. Weekdays, I'll be driving my dugong to work.
exhaust mod? well, I think proper diameter & length of exhaust do give a better consumption. but i don't know what's the spec of a car.

Lan D
Hey... that's the mileage I get now... but with less performance.... :frown: oh well...
Any idea how to figure out the proper exhaust size? Or do I just leave it to those exhaust people? btw, when you talk about the car specs, you mean MY car's specs or all 1.8's in general?

Lan Dugong

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
hi,

that's the mileage I get for my old 1.8 8v carby too. wasted fuel & less power. actually you're running rich. if your engine is still in good condition, try cleaning up the carb, later buy a new hotter heat range ngk plugs, and get it tuned by the shops that have the big tuning machine. they can adjust your a/f ratio, know which cable plug is worn out and can tune cun2 your a/f.
the exhaust pipes and silencer also plays a major roll in getting good consumption. imagine the pipes have never been change for 10years and the car is running rich. the pipes is like the blood vein having too much kolesterol...hahahaha!...sure lah tak sihat kan? i changed my wife's lynx exhaust from to back including the 2 mid silencer and rear silencer except for the extractor last year.
I recommend you to get them changed. change to what diameter size, i don't really know. ask the exhaust shops. they could give you good advise.

Lan D

sudha

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
wow....never realisesd the exhaust part. Any body know where i can get a twin pipe exhaust like the one on astina??

kfze

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Hi guys,

OK, i may be exactly driving a 626, but i am currently using a KFZE engine, which is similar to 626 or ford telstar 24v.

I am driving a Lantis, used to be 1.8 auto. I did my conversion in April to 2.0 V6. What can I say..... no regrets. Engine is great, and the power is there. Mine is a manual.

Rite from 1k rpm it goes smoothly to 3k then to 4k, which after that, u feel the real power kicks in. Believe me, u will feel a bit G force. Redline is at 7200rpm. In second gear, if u tarik, u can go as far as 110km/h. Third gear 160km/h and 4th gear 180km/h

When not in the mood for tekan, just cruising its also great. Very quiet engine.

Fuel consumption wise, my full tank is about 41 litres, can get me to around the average of 380 -400km. Boleh tahan lar, considering its a 2 litre V6. Honestly, it is even better than my 1.8 auto !!! Believe or not.

So, thats my story.

sudha

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
ok...since kfze came clean..here's my laundry.

I'm driving Telstar 2.0 (12v model). was running on carbie. Got the car in 2002, mileage was a disaster...360km city driving on 60ltrs. then it dropped to 330km. along the way had problems with my carb, graduated to carb no 7 when my engine died. had to go top overhaul lah.

once it came out...it was a different story....i was touching 550km on 60ltrs city driving. (it was manual)

but then..carb started giving problems and i decided to swap to a 2.0 16v engine (auto).

I am getting about 400km on 60lts now but I believ the engine is worthy of at least 480-500km. I just need to figure that part out first.

Otherwise no problem. plenty of power. have the same experience as KFZE at 4000rpm when the VICS kicks in.

Kfze - both our engines comes with the Variable Inertia Chargeing System. So you tend to get a feel of rush or boost.

Lovely feeling. havent tried redline but have touched 180kmh at 5500rpm on the highway. My previous engine - used to cruise at 190kmh. lovely piece of work.

kfze - found the cd. i'll burn a copy for both you and spanker. lets meet for tt this saturday, boleh?

fade2grey

Jul 21, 2005
Puchong
Wow... all the juicy details out liao!! :D

kfze,
How much did your conversion cost you? any problems on the conversion/compatibily? oh wait... your chassis is lantis chassis, right? darn...
Anyway, my 1.8 carbie just manages to touch 95-100 on 2nd gear and then 3rd can touch about 145 (i think)... fourth goes to 170 with no problems but at 5th, I'm usually at 190-195 but too scared to go faster... Still on STOCK suspension here so the body roll and the control does scare me a bit. The thing is, i probably won't have the cash anytime soon to change to ANY engine. :(

Sudha,
I NEED to get a ride on your machine :) Anyway, considering that I can touch 280/300 on 30 litres of petrol I sould be slightly satisfied, right?

Lan,
How much should I expect to pay to properly tune my a/f? Any recommendation for tuning shops to get my a/f tuned properly? prefferably one that isn't out to con me larr... I don't mind paying a little more for good service but not to conmen :D

Lan Dugong

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
not too sure coz i tune my engine myself, later go for dyno to see my a/f rich or lean. injection engine is easier to tune compared to carby.

if i'm not mistaken, should be around rm15 to rm30 kot? depending maybe they might have to change your plug to make tuning easier.

Lan D

Deon

Known Member
Jul 15, 2005
Petaling Jaya
hi everyone, i am new in this forum. It is a pleasure meeting a group that uses in particularly ford cars. first and foremost, i would like to introduce my car. He is a telstar tx5, 2.0 mt, made in year 1985. it is now in tip-top cond after going through tough time in the workshop, halfcuts and so on. currently, the only thing that i am looking forward to fix is the consumption and i bet most ford and mazda drivers face the same problems too.. am i right? it has been a trademark since years ago. the question being post here is, how can i reduce the consumption? thanx everyone.

sudha

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
hello deon,

welcome to the club. see you've decided to keep the car. Plenty of ways to reduce consumption.

Why dont you join us tonite in Subang.

cheers!

sudha

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
ok....

subang ss15 kencana.

its at the row of shoplots in front of carrefour subang. here's my no. 0123353330. cheers mate.

sudha

Deon

Known Member
Jul 15, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Hi Lan D, woulk like to know what bumper you are using on your red one? it's a very nice bumper.

fade2grey

Jul 21, 2005
Puchong
invisibleghost said:
fade, r u the 1 driving white telstar n wore blue t-shirt that day?
Yup yup... that's me... :)
What were you driving?
Pardon me but I suck at names... but i'd definitely remember your face and your car... i hope... :D

Hey kfze,
I LOVE YOUR CAR!!!!!
I'm really drolling now... I wonder how that V6 will perform in my car.... hehehe.... :rock:

Now to get my carb tuned and to give the poor fella a good paint job.

invisibleghost

1,500 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
fade2grey said:
Yup yup... that's me... :)
What were you driving?
Pardon me but I suck at names... but i'd definitely remember your face and your car... i hope... :D

Hey kfze,
I LOVE YOUR CAR!!!!!
I'm really drolling now... I wonder how that V6 will perform in my car.... hehehe.... :rock:

Now to get my carb tuned and to give the poor fella a good paint job.
told u KFZE, ur car rox!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 err fade, i remember u not because of ur car but someone else, ahahahahaah

fade2grey

Jul 21, 2005
Puchong
invisibleghost said:
told u KFZE, ur car rox!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 err fade, i remember u not because of ur car but someone else, ahahahahaah
huh?? :questionm :confused: then because of who worr?

Anyway, i'm hoping that when the next TT comes along, i'll get to see lan's car..... :biggrin:

hey sudha,
how do you think my car will fare against yours in a 0-100? I know that past that i'll probably tapow.... :slug: :turtle:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

allo.

im driving civic eg.juz changed the rims recently,problem is that rear tyre hit the body when the car bumps,had lift the rear suspension (3 jari) but still kena.front tyre ok.dont think coz of the offset,since last owner of the rims oso driving eg.. what to do ey?already ketuk and potong a bit..but still kena.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience