Super GT mega sports cars gathering

ir1z

Known Member
Oct 29, 2008
Dear Celica braders!

this is the email i got from my buddy in regards to the Super GT mega sports cars gathering ... full infos here. lemme know if u guys interested to join then we "erect" one taikor/committee to kautim everything including correspondence with the organiser ... leng anot?

Dear PCM Committee,,

We are happy to announce that JPM Motorsport Sdn Bhd has been accorded with the Promotion and Organization rights for the above event to be held on the 18th and 19th of June 2011 at the Sepang International Circuit (the SIC)

This is the eleventh year that this prestigious event will be held in Malaysia, and this year JPM Motorsport will be taking over this honor from SIC in organizing and promoting it.

As this is totally a private and commercial venture without any direct funding from the Government of Malaysia, we obviously intend and are committed to ensure that this year’s event will be a huge success, in attracting visitors and spectators from Malaysia and abroad. Our target is to attract 50,000 spectators to the circuit for the race weekend.

In achieving that, we are transforming the Sepang F1 Circuit into a Carnival City for the weekend, with a lively mix of on-track and off-track activities to provide a wholesome entertainment filled weekend for motorsport enthusiasts and families alike. The off-track activities will include Variety Food Fest, Weekend Bazaar, Kid Entertainment and Fun Zone, Cultural Show, Flea Market, Rave Parties, Live Rock Concert, SuperGT AutoSalon, SuperGT Motorshow and also an air stunt show by an ex-Hungarian National Aerobatic Team pilot (Les Vorosmarthy) who flew in the 1998 World Championship.

In addition to the above we will also be organizing the Biggest Super/Performance Car Gathering at the Sepang F1 Track on Sunday 19th of June 2011. As most of you are aware, the Sepang F1 Track is 5.53km in length. Our plan is to lineup the Super/Performance cars back to back along the entire track. An estimation of such arrangement would require between 600 to 650 cars of various models and sizes. It is for this reason that I would like extend our invitation to PORSCHE CLUB MALAYSIA (PCM) to facilitate and assist us in making this record breaking event a success. To encourage your club members, friends or anyone who are keen to be part of this record breaking attempt, JPM Motorsport would like to offer 4x Granstand Tickets worth RM400 to each participating car.

As the gathering is held in conjunction with SuperGT, the biggest Japanese Motorsport event in Malaysia, JPM would also like to take this opportunity to raise some fund for the recent Japanese earthquake/tsunami victims. As an option, all participating car are “encouraged” to donate RM50 or more to this fund. Please write your cheques payable to “Aid For Japan” or you direct credit to United Oversea Bank Bhd, A/C No: 37530010392. JPM shall also reward the donor with a set of SuperGT t-shit & cap worth RM60.

For the record breaking effort we also seeking several sponsors to contribute various goodies to all the participants which will be announced later. Confirmed sponsor include Tumasek Pewter Malaysia, who will provide each participating car with a “Biggest Super/Performance Car Gathering” pewter plaque. Another effort being looked into now is also to have a big number of Super/Luxury Bikes (Ducati & Harley) to ride along the track while the record is being achieved. NAZA WHEELS has agreed to facilitate the arrangement with both DUKE and HOG. We believe such a feat has never been done in any F1 Track in the world and we are now making arrangement to register the attempt in our Malaysia Book Of Record. The tentative itinerary for this record breaking event shall be done in the following manner on 19th June 2011.

Sun 19th June 2011

09.00am-09.30am – Classic car support race (8Laps)

09.45am-10.15am – Thailand Toyota Vios/Yaris Challenge (10 laps)

10.30am-11.00am - SuperGT Cars warm up

11.15am-11.45am – Circuit Safari

10.00am-11.30pm - Arrival of all participating Super/Performance car to SIC. All early arrivals will have their cars guided into the South Track Support Pit area

or VIP Car Park at North Track. Once the car park/Support Pit is full remaining cars will be parked and queued along road leading

to pit or park at VIP car park next to Welcome Center (Px).All Superbikes DUKE and HOG will also be parked at VIP Car Park (Px).

11.45pm-12.30pm - All participating cars will move out from Support Pit/car park to Main Straight on North Track. Cars will be parked 4 in a row

50 meters before Turn 1. We envisage that with 600 over cars, the line will be up to beginning of Turn 15 on South Track . All

cars shall remain parked on track until further notice by the Marshalls. Participating Bikers will also have their bikes parked next to

the cars. All drivers /riders will be allowed to get off from their car and be guests for the Pit Walkabout Session.

12.30pm-13.30pm - Official Pit Walkabout Session open to public. All drivers/riders get ready to be called around 13.15pm to get back to their car

for next activity.

13.30pm-14.00pm - Cars moving out one by one on single file pattern. 1st car will drive round the F1 track to join the last car on the track and stop

at the Starting Grid on the North Track. Bikers will ride along the track next to the cars. We expect once the record breaking queue

is achieved the last car may only need to move from their parked position to just cross the Starting Grid line. The moment all cars/bikes

are lined up along the track and the record is set, all cars/bikes shall start moving back to North/South Track car park and Support Pit

via pit entrance immediately after Turn 14 and Turn 6.

14.15pm-14.55pm - GT ASIA Series (10 laps)

15.00pm - SuperGT START PROCEDURE

16.00pm - SuperGT Race Start (54 laps)

18.00pm - SuperGT Race Finish

Dear Sir,

As per the above subject, I am writing on behalf of CCM (Celica Club Malaysia) enquiring whether Toyota Celica is eligible to be part of the above esteem event?

If we are eligible then i would get our committee members to write in officially to arrange for more details.

Looking forward to your kind reply.

Thank you and best regards,

Wingz

His reply to me few minutes later :

Yes...Celica definitely qualify as it is 2 doors Japanese Sports car. However we hv rules on the appearance of the car hopefully it not dirty or too heavily modified with wrong parts, wings etc as some Celica been in market for long time. In any case pls encourage more cars to join the event as Celica always been a big name in SuperGT. Pls submit pic of car if in doubt. Thanks. JP

I then asked him to reconfirmed tat every entry have to submit photo of cars for approval :

thanks for your prompt reply! best!

so every car that wanted to join must have to submit their photos for approval first?

and this is his answer to my above question :

If it is not too much a hassle we will appreciate if they can provide photo. Thanks.

so yea .. Celica is accepted .. confirmed ledi but everyone who wished to participate kena submit latest photo of cars to be accepted.

Courtesy of Wingz

So to those who wish to join the gathering please post ur car pic at our facebook album that will be created for this purpose. TQ

Log masuk | Facebook

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Will prepare my camera to take more photos of one of my dream cars Celicas xD

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
bro iriz,

r u going??

bro supra,

wats ur ride man??

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
bro iriz,

r u going??

bro supra,

wats ur ride man??
Just driving a normal Sedan Altis bro...but if there will be Celica Gatherings at Super GT,
that will be great. Would love to see those rides xD :love:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Iam sorry, ive googled everywhere but cant find the answer.

my car has this problem,before this ive set-up my FPR to run at 3bar with no vacuum.

Yesterday ive check the meter,and its showing like 4.5bar with vacuum,i was like WTF....faulty FPR or ive just started my engine....

SO set it back to 3bar.

My question is which is the best FPR in the market as iam using original works FPR bought from momentum motorsport in S.Alam...

Another question is that is there any FPR...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience