Strange experiments with chipped ecus.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Haha.. I've been plonking a couple of ECUs into my car just to see how it works, and there has been some strange findings..

Actually very strange..

The ECU's are chipped OBD-Is that are supposed to run on B18C.. but plonked into the EG to see if the chipping exercise is successful or not.

Taking out on the test drive, I find that the low end is much much better than my stock ecu.. hahaha... and the high end.. well.. disappointing compared to my stock ECU.

Thinking about going for some dyno runs just for fun maybe sometime next week..

Since they're power runs.. I don't really care what dyno.. as long as they're cheap, as I want to compare the two together, not with my stock unit, although I might lump that in as well, if it's cheap enough..

Anyone know where dyno's charging super cheap for power runs?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
if u do group dyno then u can get RM55 per car... but at least 10 cars....
shiro, its normal if u feel not same when u simply put in different chip...
Hahah.. this one I did accel run.. did the vid recording of both.. and compared side by side on the laptop. the difference is very marginal, but at least it doesn't bog when I floored it, like I do on a stock ECU.. lol.. something is wrong with this picture, no? A supposedly stock B16A bogging at full throttle with stock ECU.. lol..

looking at hondata maps, the 1.8 timing curves are retarded 1 deg or so around 1-3rpm.. so I'm gonna try that once I get my grubby paws on a hondata unit.

Ah.. next week feels soo long... hahahaha.

Cipets on the group dyno test fee..

Going to call some shops and see if they can offer me a cheaper price for a couple of runs.. just hope it's not too heavy on the pocket.. (>.<)

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
no lah.. can play with cam timing then.. hehehe.. engine break oso nvm, because other engine got oledi.. :P

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
ya yaa... dun forget to bring another engine to the dyno shop...
if one break in... change another one n stret to dyno it again... haha
Hahaha.. better pasang the engine to drive the rear wheels...

twin engine EG sedan... :P

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
good idea... can make it redundant engine...
or better make it like raid engine... kkekkekee
Striping (RAID 0) better.. redundant not good/fast enough.. :P

Eh.. hattech.. you are an IT person oso ah?

usually if non-IT personnel.. talk about raid sure that person give me the (O_o) look.. kah kah kah..

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hye... i wanna ask to all sifu2... 4g13 blok engine... what maximum oversize piston that can fit into 4g13 blok and still safe?? and how much that 4g13 blok can be robore??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience