Steering wheels.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Hmm this one a question for 'cosmetic' modders..

I've heard of momo, nardi, key's/ATC, sparco, OMP... which seems to be the 'more' mainstream steering makers..

One that seems quite quiet is Personal... I can't seem to find the website for the manufacturer.

The rest mentioned above got, but not 'Personal'..

Which country does it originate from?

Edit: Opps... found it.. Nardi makes them.. ROFL!!

Last edited:

gtmaniac

Known Member
Sep 17, 2004
Putrajaya
Others..

Raid (Italy) - mostly on old sports fiats/lancias/maseratis
BBS (germany) - alloy wheel maker - very limited & few variants
Fittipaldi (USA) - also alloy wheel maker..
Italovanti (Italy)
Mountney (Italy) - mostly Mini Cooper (classic models) & some sporty fords in the 70' & 80'

Do you notice that most of them came from alloy wheel makers? However in Momo case, its the other way around..

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
shiro,
share d link whr u found out dat PERSONAL is made by NARDI?i've been a PERSONAL user ever since i got my CRX....went thru 3 units dy...1st unit not so nice..bought frm Auto Equippe in Puchong...sold..thn bought 2 very SUI units frm magua(a fellow forumer here)....still using 1 n sold 1....now prices sky rocket like MAD!!!!

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
i'm using personal steering wheel too. mine is all black. my cousin just bought one also earlier in april i guess, he bought it thru ZTH's marketplace. cost him rm230 and quite cheap i think. want me to post some pics of the steering wheels ah?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Actually I wanted the Mugen unit my friend has, but he's not willing to sell it... since he's installing in his car so looked his other stuff, and saw this.. a remnant of his previous VW Golf. Since it was big, I knew this was the steering I was looking for.. the Momo's I saw are usually smaller..

Browsing through the Nardi-Personal S.p.A website, now I know it's called a Grinta, or at some other sites, a Neo Grinta.

Hmm.. akuma first..

The website is here... apparently one Manufacturer makes both brands..

Nardi-Personal S.p.A.: Volanti di Primo Equipaggiamento ed After Market: Story
Two years after Enrico Nardi's death, Nardi trademark was bought from Personal and, in 1990, Nardi Italia S.p.A. was founded as a completely autonomous company, located in Abbiate Guazzone - Tradate (Varese) - Italy.
Then combined back again.
On March 1st, 2005 the ownership of Nardi Italia S.p.A. was officially taken over by Mr. Lorenzo Cerofolini C.E.O.
The company was renamed Nardi-Personal S.p.A.
LOL.. I guess it pays to research what you use.. :P
In a way, you can say that Nardi is made by Personal, but if you consider that Enrico Nardi made the Personal brand, then can see it from my point of view.

Well.. who says the internet don't teach ya' new things?

For hattech..
Normal steering only lah.. I only bought it because I hate small steering.. and having 16"+ shoulder width doesn't help...

Picture?

Holy cow! It's ROUND!! hahahaa.. .

Unfortunately, could not find the original horn button, so he gave me one from ATC/Key's. Similar shape, but not Personal's one.

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
oh btw, its look nice....
Well.. all sports steerings look nice... it's the size that matters..

Big dick better than small dick, no? Hahahaha..

Actually.. will try to locate the ori one.. probably will be able to find one sooner or later.. but the ATC one fits so well, so no problem if I keep it anyway.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Others..

Raid (Italy) - mostly on old sports fiats/lancias/maseratis
BBS (germany) - alloy wheel maker - very limited & few variants
Fittipaldi (USA) - also alloy wheel maker..
Italovanti (Italy)
Mountney (Italy) - mostly Mini Cooper (classic models) & some sporty fords in the 70' & 80'

Do you notice that most of them came from alloy wheel makers? However in Momo case, its the other way around..
Hmm.. thanks for the lesson.. seems like there's more steering makers after all.. mostly from Italy... I wonder why? Maybe ferarri owners spent so much on car, so the most common mod is the steering wheel? ROFL!

dc_vtec

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2006
Actually I wanted the Mugen unit my friend has, but he's not willing to sell it... since he's installing in his car so looked his other stuff, and saw this.. a remnant of his previous VW Golf. Since it was big, I knew this was the steering I was looking for.. the Momo's I saw are usually smaller..

Browsing through the Nardi-Personal S.p.A website, now I know it's called a Grinta, or at some other sites, a Neo Grinta.

Hmm.. akuma first..

The website is here... apparently one Manufacturer makes both brands..

Nardi-Personal S.p.A.: Volanti di Primo Equipaggiamento ed After Market: Story

Then combined back again.

LOL.. I guess it pays to research what you use.. :P
In a way, you can say that Nardi is made by Personal, but if you consider that Enrico Nardi made the Personal brand, then can see it from my point of view.

Well.. who says the internet don't teach ya' new things?

For hattech..
Normal steering only lah.. I only bought it because I hate small steering.. and having 16"+ shoulder width doesn't help...

Picture?

Holy cow! It's ROUND!! hahahaa.. .

Unfortunately, could not find the original horn button, so he gave me one from ATC/Key's. Similar shape, but not Personal's one.
nice leg u got there..

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
ur's similar like mine lah bro shiro. just dat mine's all black. plus the personal horn button. hehe! wa ade center console tu.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody can giv me solution to get rid of watermark....

i got this problem on my bonet.....i try to wax it myself but it seam worst....
can i just send to shop for polishing....

or anyway that i can DIY.... help guys....it seam irritating to looks at my bonet

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/mansa/BOMPA.jpg
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience