Speed limit R33

GTRM5

May 17, 2005
PJ
Would anyone be able to advise me if the R33 with RB25DET has a speed limiter 180km/hr built into the ECU. The car is an import from Japan( Max speed on the Speedo is 180km/hr. I notice the car 'holding back' and the RPM drops whenever I try to push it beyond 180km/hr.

How can I cancel off this limit? Can DIY?

Really appreciate if any sifu out there can assist me.

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
yes ... RB25DET .. DETT and RB26DETT can more than 180kmh .... just little bit help from aftermarket ECU's... ;)

congrats .. as u another humble skyline owner of Malaysia buddie ...

cheers!

GTRM5

May 17, 2005
PJ
Aftermarket ECU? I'm using the stock ECU + e-Manage. Do you mean I have to get a totally new ECU? Wa Lau....costly lah....

Can do something to the stock ECU to get rid of the speed limiter or not? Easy to do or not?

Thanks friend. I really enjoy driving my R33.

dash

Nov 17, 2004
Yes u can DIY it. Get a Pivot Meter-X (RM190), it will bypass the 180Km/h limiter from ur ECU.

r33_abflug

Known Member
Feb 28, 2004
yeah..since e-manage can't cut the speed limit.So u need to buy pivot speed cutter.The cheapest one if i not mistaken....

r33_abflug

Known Member
Feb 28, 2004
hmm i doubt it wud works perfectly cos last time i heard it success at 1st but after that the car not revv properly.Not sure it is true or nope.....:P

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Wire 53 is your vehicle speed input to your ECU. By cutting wire 53, you cut the speed signal supply, hence causing problems to your idle speed control and fuel cut control, and having the idle speed control and fuel cut control causing problems to your normal driving.

Also those speed cut removal device, do not use it with a proggie with speed compensation, as the input to the ECU will not be accurate after 180km/h (or should I say will not increase), and might cause engine damage.

r33_abflug

Known Member
Feb 28, 2004
hmm..buy those speed cutter gadjets lar.yup rsm does cut the speed too..

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
MrNismo said:
Wire 53 is your vehicle speed input to your ECU. By cutting wire 53, you cut the speed signal supply, hence causing problems to your idle speed control and fuel cut control, and having the idle speed control and fuel cut control causing problems to your normal driving.

Also those speed cut removal device, do not use it with a proggie with speed compensation, as the input to the ECU will not be accurate after 180km/h (or should I say will not increase), and might cause engine damage.
yeah i guess ure right in terms of long term damage to the engine, thats just one of the cheapest way to get it done.. my 33 was a bit of a freak tho, had some weird Jap rom in it anyway so i never had to use RSMs and the like

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Actually there is no proper way unless you get a proggie. Any speed cut removal device will limit the speed input to the ECU to a value less than 180kmh. I'm not sure whether the factory Skyline ECU has speed compensation built in, but if any other ECU has, it's not gonna do any good.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

if I change a new calipers will it be 90% less dust like my rear rims (without disc brakes)? pls recommend me one for my satria 1.3 .. and my disc brakes is very dirty the dust all over .. very dirty :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience