Small jerking

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haha..good suggestion. But can you please comment on my question previously about washable fuel filter? Is it good/worth the money since washable, or got problems later on? Appreciate it. Thanks
Well, considering washable seems cheap, but then more work taking out to wash and put back. Then first time around you have to mod the bracket to hold it.
I only worry when the seals starts to wear will there be replacement parts?
Moreover like bro. Izso mentioned, he can get fuel filters at RM20. If for me I will forget it as fuel filter can last quite long or you can also shake your original one and pour out the dirt.....hahahahaha (joking)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
actually bro, how new is your fuel filter? No point wasting money if it's less than 5 months old. It can't be THAT dirty in your fuel tank la.

I think you should consider changing your spark plugs and cables first.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
actually bro, how new is your fuel filter? No point wasting money if it's less than 5 months old. It can't be THAT dirty in your fuel tank la.

I think you should consider changing your spark plugs and cables first.
Fuel filter I think about 6 months minimum, maybe more. But spark plug cables are more expensive than filter.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Fuel filter I think about 6 months minimum, maybe more. But spark plug cables are more expensive than filter.
Yes, more expensive but no point buying the cheap ones. I bought for my NA car I think 6 months only crack and electrical leak. Sparking to any metal that is close by....:banghead:

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
fuel tank got dirty maybe..maybe also got water droplet inside ur tank..or fuel pump weak already..so many maybe..can it be detected with diagnostic tool..

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
hey bro jebatdex - have you tried sudden flooring to accelerate and getting fuel surge or bigger jerks (floor wide open throttle at 3000rpm and let it accelerate to 6000rpm) in 3rd or 4th gear? If you do... then that's the fuel pump problem. It does start with these small jerks first coz the fuel pump may sometimes stop momentarily.... and this is on stock Mikuni throttle, fuel regulator, ECU...
if you decided to change the fuel pump, don't go for the cheap ones usually sold between RM120-160 and do buy from Proton Parts center coz there's many-many-many shop now selling fake denso pumps (irritatingly 100% looks the same as the original) that'll phucked up less than 2 years and worse - they don't deliver 110lph flow - less than that. Original Proton-denso pumps may last until 15yrs and support 102lph good for upto 150hp NA application tuned with 240cc injectors (4g91/92/93) wthout getting leaned out. Cost of the ori pump is RM230-250/unit.

other than that if you're getting the small jerks throughout all RPMs till redline (soft or hard accel) wthout the a/cond turned on (jerks frequently if AC on) but doesn't experience big jerk like the engine starving for fuel - just small bumpy jerks even if you throttle down 100% to redine, its the crank pulley due to the rubber lining at wrapped around the center of the pulley has weakened (like mounting bush) and may have been able to shook, causing misstiming - and the jerks won't happen when the engine is still cold or newly warmed. But this problem may lead to bent valves (starting with valve seal damage) on long ignore. Cari pulley kedai potong sudaa... new OEM ones... think it costs 400 bucks? can't remember...

other than that if you or someone have touched the TPS sensor and tweaked it before / or you've got new throttle body - get someone to tune it back wth a multimeter/ohmmeter. to get the correct TPS value at 0.48/0.49/0.50V (0.490V the best for 4G92p). Sometimes the TPS wrong adjustment causes jerks too because it controls the behavior of the injectors (close/open frequency = amount of fuel vs. amt of throttle given) and the igniton timing. Not only that... correct TPS tune may give your 92p good fuel consumption averaging 13km/L at least and loads of low-end torque... if its stock. First diagnose for this - reset the ECU. The jerks wont happen the first drive after reset. not really sure about the ECU logic tho...

other than that.... can't brain edi... those jerkings are pain in the arse to solve...

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
OK... that are a lot of steps to go through. But yeah, very useful. I will start with:

1) clean TB, if not working go for
2) change oil filter, if not working go for
3) change spark plug cable (FYI, I use cheap one I guess, last time changed the mechanic charged about RM80). I need to go to mechanic because suddenly the cables spoil. My car jerking like hell and I straight away heading to the mechanic. If it was not bad, I will just change it myself and probably bought a more expensive/better one.

One of my friend said, no need to wait until the cable is totally spoil (jerking very bad). Need to change before it happened.

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
Cleaning TB - this is pretty much a myth actually because the only problem with mikuni tb is when the gasket leaks air / ISC air leak valve jammed (whch opens & closes when you turned on aircond, triggered by AC compressor ON/OFF signal to the ISC). What you should actually clean is the mass airflow sensor transistor (located inside of the MAF which you can see hanging from the inside ceiling behind a pole) and you can clean it with a few dash of TB cleaner and carefully wipe it dry with tissue. Don't turn the MAF upside down while spraying the TB cleaner as it might flood onto the MAF circuit board and causes major problem.

Arospeed's & HotBits plug cables not bad & not very expensive, ard RM160-190... but honestly... the OEM plug cable is very good, very low resistance actually and delivers as much volt to the cable end as produced at the distributor cap even at high rpm - despite its quite boring, skinny... black... to look at... think the OE cable is ard RM140/set at Proton Parts Center.

IF, you want to change the plugs... try NGK BKR6E-11. That's the OE plug for 92p.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Jebat : Oil filter or petrol filter la?

And Kopi's right. Stock cables from Bougicord are quite good and probably is better than those Arospeed or whatever el-cheapo aftermarket brands.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Jebat : Oil filter or petrol filter la?

And Kopi's right. Stock cables from Bougicord are quite good and probably is better than those Arospeed or whatever el-cheapo aftermarket brands.
Yeah bro, most probably the fuel filter la. Will get it replaced soon.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Izso, Bougicord you mentioned, is it something like this?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, i need some advise with "this problem"

I drive a proton satria 1.6 (m), my power steering belt comes out of the pulley and tears a little. So I

changed the power steering pump last year. Today morning the same problem paid a visit again. CAN

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY POWER STEERING PUMP AND WHY IT MAKES

THE BELT RUN OUT OF THE PULLEY. I need the help, thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience