SIC Track Day

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sizlo

Dec 24, 2007
Hey guys,

Newbie here saying hello to all. Have been reading the forum for quite some time but have never reply nor started any thread. There are TTs being held every now and then, i know, but i'm seldom around town which is hard for me to attend.

Anyway, I just got my 2005 DC5 late last yr and was eager to test it's stock performance on track. Appreciate any feedbacks from the oltimer here for tips and requirements. Is helmet necessary? What should be done on the car before going to track? Need any oil or transmission fluid change? How much and how long is the session?

I believe this coming Sunday is a track day.. anybody going?

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
1. bring your helmet
2. wear proper shoes
3. check your tyres and brake condition
4. check your engine oil level, radiator etc
5. understand the colored flags
6. know the basic rules and ethics of track racing
7. bring an experienced friend to guide you in the trac

prasath_5338

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2005
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dc5+type+r+sepang&search_type=&aq=f

watch the vids from Subcon!!! it really helps....

sizlo

Dec 24, 2007
Lightningfield,
Thanks man. The list sure helps answer some of my basic questions.
Bring an experienced friend.. now that i'm still looking. :biggrin:

Prasath,
I've seen some of the videos. It sure goes to my driving reference and it'll never hurt to watch it again and again. Thanks again!

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Just wanna add...
1. Drive at your own pace in the track...don't bother to catch-up with cars that already overtake you.
2. Maintain your cornering line if there's fast car behind you in a turn...in other words, don't change line in the turn.
3. Enjoy driving and control your temper...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

[
While Malaysian cars are often modded, the Japanese has done it a long time ago, back 30-40 years ago (with style). The video from AOL explains about the modding process and the choices of vehicles they used to mod and what do they intend to achieve after modding.

The video describes about scooter modding, "Kaido Racers" looks for cars and "Vanning" where vans are being souped up and installed gazillions of neon lights and disco balls. Watch this video for a great inspiration for people...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience