Sepang race day 26th october question! Please help!

swilly01

Oct 25, 2010
Melbourne
Hi,
Im from melbourne, australia but am currenty in kuala lumpur for a little bit. I would like to go check out the sepang track, and see there is a race day on the 25th, 26th and 27th of october.
Do they allow sepctators at this? And if so how much does it cost to spectate?
Also, how can i get to the track? I dont have a hire car or anything like that. Would it be best to catch a bus/train to the airport then a taxi to the track? How much would the taxi cost from the airport to the track roughly?

Sorry for all the questions ha. Anyway i have been backpacking for 6 months and need to see some cars as i miss my 180sx back home.
Thanks alot,
Will.

swilly01

Oct 25, 2010
Melbourne
Hi,
Im from melbourne, australia but am currenty in kuala lumpur for a little bit. I would like to go check out the sepang track, and see there is a race day on the 25th, 26th and 27th of october.
Do they allow sepctators at this? And if so how much does it cost to spectate?
Also, how can i get to the track? I dont have a hire car or anything like that. Would it be best to catch a bus/train to the airport then a taxi to the track? How much would the taxi cost from the airport to the track roughly?

Sorry for all the questions ha. Anyway i have been backpacking for 6 months and need to see some cars as i miss my 180sx back home.
Thanks alot,
Will.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
hi sir, iam not sure about those dates, but there was an open track day session on the 24th.. the taxi fare wud be too expensive imo, its better/cheaper if u rent a car and drive there by urself, its very easy to rent a car nowadays and they are dirt cheap. i can describe the direction for u sir, or u can just google it out. i hope u enjoy ur stay here, pm for more details, tq sir

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well...

if u choose to use public transportation then the cost effective (compared to direct taxi from your stay) is to take ERL train to KLIA from KL sentral...,then by taking bus straight to sepang circuit....about fares maybe u can check here>> http://www.kliaekspres.com/erlsb/KLIAEkspres/tabid/90/Default.aspx coz i rarely use ERL service...

about raceday u mentioned,i've no idea....if not mistaken like mr extremeleo said,it was only a trackday session on sunday (24th oct)...but if u want to check out other races held at sepang u can get it here:

http://www.sepangcircuit.com/story/drag-battle-schedule

http://www.sepangcircuit.com/story/mss-calendar

bangkai_jk

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
m
if you could stay more longer theres another track day on this coming sunday :)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
that one if not mistaken,that session is "free practice session" for upcoming races

*not free on payment....huhuhu...

u can spectate...but not on the grandstand..it was closed if not mistaken...but u allowed to browse through the pit during the session...

entrance was free during that....car/bike parking charge was applied....

i suggest u to look foward on the upcoming race schedule for malaysian super series round6 (cars) on 18th-20th november....

Feb 4, 2009
Those days are practice sessions for anyone wanting to test their cars or just to use the track. You will see some race cars and some road cars. These are 1 hour sessions but go on throughout the day. Advise you to go in the morning as the afternoon rains may make it a washout. If you enter by the paddock entrance (north side) you can get in free and go into the pit garages where the cars are. You can get a good view of nearly 50% of the track and move around for taking action shots. Best way to get there is to use the train to the airport and from there get a taxi but make sure to tell the taxi to come back at a certain time to get you as the track is in the middle of nowhere. Worse come to worse the track office can help hail a taxi for you.

swilly01

Oct 25, 2010
Melbourne
Those days are practice sessions for anyone wanting to test their cars or just to use the track. You will see some race cars and some road cars. These are 1 hour sessions but go on throughout the day. Advise you to go in the morning as the afternoon rains may make it a washout. If you enter by the paddock entrance (north side) you can get in free and go into the pit garages where the cars are. You can get a good view of nearly 50% of the track and move around for taking action shots. Best way to get there is to use the train to the airport and from there get a taxi but make sure to tell the taxi to come back at a certain time to get you as the track is in the middle of nowhere. Worse come to worse the track office can help hail a taxi for you.
Excellent! Exactly what i was looking for, thankyou.
So ill definately be able to spectate and walk through the pits?
How much might the taxi cost from the airport to the track roughly? And how far is the ride?
Are there usually many cars on these days?

If anyone from KL area happens to be going and can ggive me a lift i will pay them! Thanks for the help everyone.

Feb 4, 2009
From the website, I see that there are 1-hour practice sessions from 10 am, 12 pm, 2pm and 4 pm. Advise you to go for 10 am and hang around and hope to see some race cars testing. For the taxi from airport to the track, its a 10 km ride (check google maps, they are next to each other but by road its 10 km apart). I can't say about the taxi fare. If these pirates charge by the kilometer, it should be less than the train fare. I don't know, I don't take taxis.

swilly01

Oct 25, 2010
Melbourne
Thanks for the tip.
Another thing, will i need to take my own food and drink there, or do they have food and drink available for sale at the track on days like these?
Let me know if anyone from here is going tomorrow.

Feb 4, 2009
Sorry, that's a track run by the government who don't need the money or care about the needs of the public. Yeah, better bring your survival kit. Enjoy yourself.

swilly01

Oct 25, 2010
Melbourne
Thanks for that.
I was speaking to someone who lives in seremban and said that i can catch a bus from KL sentral to LCCT, and that bus has a stop outside the racetrack, is this true?
Sorry for more annoyng questions i just need to find the cheapest way to get there as im a poor backpacker haha.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yes..they do have that bus...

but taking ERL was faster than that..because the buses would stop at klia airport first....

erl fare not that expensive...so u can save some travelling time.... :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Peugeot's Pikes Peak machine is a beast. Weighing only 875kg, they could fully utilize the 875-horsepower from the mid-mounted V6 and possibly reach the peak before the 10-minute barrier. But while all heads are towards this stealthy hill climber, Nobuhiro Tajima is not going to sit back and do nothing...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience