Sant’Agata teases upcoming Lamborghini Jota

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The Paris Motor Show is almost upon us and one of the most awaited unveiling would surely be at the stand from Sant’Agata as Lamborghini will be lifting the lid on its latest lethal bull, the Murcielago-replacing Jota.

While most new replacement models these days are accompanied by a boost in power, it inevitably gets a little porkier too. This raging bull begs to differ with a bump up in power and having gone through a diet.

The current Murcielago still contains a high ratio of steel to carbon but the Jota would make use of owner Audi’s aluminium tech for a for an increase in the ratio of carbon fiber to metal, with the metal being the lighter aluminium variant.

Sitting aft of the driver, the new V12 will also make use of Audi’s direct injection tech for a power output in the 700hp range.

The grapevines are also rife with rumours that all four wheels would get power through a Haldex torque-vectoring all-wheel drive system. Torque vectoring functions much like stability control in the sense that it transfers power individually to the wheels with the most grip but unlike stability control, it helps the driver go faster rather than slow them down.

Anyways, most of this news has been circulating the interwebs for a while now but the reason we thought you needed a refresh was because Lambo have just released a teaser shot of the Jota that leaves much to the imagination.

Let the speculation begin.

Source: Jalopnik

Last edited by a moderator:

LotusDiablo

Aug 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Cool.

However I'll stick my neck out and say that I don't think it's official name will be Jota. The name will as usual be something related to bullfighting.

'Jota' comes from the pronunciation of the letter J in Spanish and has connections to the unofficial Miura Jota built by Lambo test driver Bob Wallace.

Some inside info suggest that this Murcie replacement will have some interesting interior LED technology (to replace conventional rear view mirrors) and also the most current double clutch system coming out of VW-Audi Group

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, has any1 herd about the sinspeed piggy back mod chip..??? i bought 1 off ebay, havent fit it yet.. but it just clips straight on ur AIT (i think) ait intake tempurature valve or something and it works by tellin ur comp that its takin in colder air and therefore the computer produces more power... im about to fit it on my 4agze that im bout to drop in2 my in my 1992 ae92r gti corolla... just wonderin if any1 has herd bout it or has it and if or how well it works??

it was actuallly...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience