Rust!!!!!!!!!

Lynx1812

Dec 8, 2003
PPL,

I have a 6 year old aeroback in relatively good condition except for the rust on the car roof. The rust is 'bubbling' out from the underside. Any sifu know how to 'kow tim' this problem. Can I remove the entire roof and get a new one?!?!?!?

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
You can remove it but you also can get a good body mech to fix it. They will grind it and plaster it with the alluminum that we use to weld the electonic board that we learn it during secondary school. It's the best way that i know and it can last long. I'll recommend the mech if you are in seremban.

Just an opinion. :)

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
not to scare u but normally after fixing it....it will come out again....

many ppl will sell the car once this problem is spotted..

good luck to u..

Lynx1812

Dec 8, 2003
ken12292703......aisay, m in KL-lah bro. Hardly go down to Seremban. Thanks for the input though. I'm still worried that the rust may star again but elsewhere.

I heard of ppl, taking off the entire roof treat the rust and put on a new roof. Rumours or fact?!?!?!?

If fact advisable, ah?

lan_eterna

8,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2003
Cheras/S.Alam
www.freewebs.com
yup it can do ...like ken infom u need to find a good mech....if not maybe something wrong happend in future...other can repair back n touch up back but maybe it will happend back....so better change the roof ..

p/s change sunroof direct laa :D

Jiro

Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
You can remove it but you also can get a good body mech to fix it. They will grind it and plaster it with the alluminum that we use to weld the electonic board that we learn it during secondary school. It's the best way that i know and it can last long. I'll recommend the mech if you are in seremban . Just an opinion. .
My wira also had the same problem ... sent to grind then patch , less than 1 yr it pop up again n it is worse . I advice u change the whole roof its better to play safe . :D

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
my satria kena that...damnn...F**KING ROOF and F**KING BONNNETTTT~!~!~!~!~ kena until very bad...now still never do anything to them... :(

Lynx1812

Dec 8, 2003
at least i'm not alone. must be a inherent quality control problem with proton cars!!!! Anyone know where got good mechanic to change entire roof-ah? Sunroof....problem-lah....leak, JPJ approval. Aisay, leceh man

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
i think may b too much sun guaa..

sun roof..heard that the original mirage roof with sun roof is reliable..ya lar..jpj kacau..but im very tempted to get the sunroof... B)

cloud

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Meaning there's no other good way except replace the rust roof with new one?? :blink:
Wholly SHIT! Sunlight that powerful? :(
Btw, any precautions that should be taken to avoid this problem and I saw some car wash product claiming anti-rust. Is it useful? :huh:

Archangel

Dec 5, 2003
PJ
Visit site
once a painter told me that even after sanding & plastering it can also occur again. reason is because of proton factory when they paint the car. the surface was not treated properly. after some years the rust will occur. nothing to do with the sun.
notice that this only happen to proton car. ;)

Archangel

Dec 5, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Originally posted by cloud@Dec 23 2003, 11:17 PM
Meaning there's no other good way except replace the rust roof with new one?? :blink:
Wholly SHIT! Sunlight that powerful? :(
Btw, any precautions that should be taken to avoid this problem and I saw some car wash product claiming anti-rust. Is it useful? :huh:
i don't think those anti-rust car wash work for this case. the rust is happening under the paint. how to protect??

any1 know anyway to prevent the rust from happening underneath the paint work? i asked quite a few painter n mech but non can give a solution. :(
hopefully there are sifus here that can share with us some tips.

Lynx1812

Dec 8, 2003
I tried asking a few mechs...no solution. accordingly the roof is soldered to 3 - 4 main 'bones' that supports the frame of the car. If you notice the rust always happens along the same horizontal lines. I feel (based on logic and no practical experience) that the only way to treat the rust is to do it from the underside of the roof. Me need help also to find best way at low cost to resolve this problem.

Sifus advice.........!?!?!?!?!?!? :unsure:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

legal or not legal? shalt we debate this age old topic?

does anybody have relatives or friends in the JPJ dept to actually check the legality of having a sunroof on a local car? let us answer this question once and for all.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience