Roadblocked by JPJ and on P.

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
Sorry if the topic seems confusing, didn't know how to put it. :P

Anyway!

Just wanted to ask, recently I got stopped by JPJ as the roadtax on my car is expired, because my dad and i somehow didn’t realise. And I was having my exams period at that time too, so wasn’t aware. He asked whose car is this and i said it’s my dad’s. The officer just gave me a ticket to appear in court in September to pay the summons and asked for me to rayu to the judge.

AND the thing is, i had valid insurance but they wrote there no insurance, which i think lead me to needing to appear in court. Anyway to rayu for this?

But my question is, will I be able to change my P to CDL as mine is expiring on this coming Tuesday? I’m planning to go on Monday. :banghead:

Thanks!

*OH btw, my roadtax expired on the 6th of June and i got blocked 2 days ago, 24th June Friday.*

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
errrr.....it doesn't mean u didn't have insurance...

but the car itself....since any transportation need to have valid insurance coverage before valid roadtax is issued...so directly when a roadtax expire,the insurance coverage also expired...

btw i'm not really sure on your license status...

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
bro..frankly speaking, its kinda your fault for not renew-ing the road tax...and bro pomen is right, road tax will only be issued if u have a valid insurance coverage.

But there is a possibility that ur insurance coverage memang is a year but you only renew 6months of ur road tax..which is a possible scenario..

my own recommendation is to actually go for the court...maybe appeal for a change of date. Based on what i've seen and been thru...the worst case would be summon + inspection of ur vehicle..should be ok provided your car is JPJ friendly...=P

good luck bro..

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
errrr.....it doesn't mean u didn't have insurance...

but the car itself....since any transportation need to have valid insurance coverage before valid roadtax is issued...so directly when a roadtax expire,the insurance coverage also expired...

btw i'm not really sure on your license status...
Bro, not quite. I used to renew roadtax every 6 months when used to leave for long periods at workshop and so when the roadtax mati, sometimes its only a month before I realize. However, when renewing, they will only issue roadtax to the date of which the insurance lapses so if you're late say a week, then rugi lah. But the insurance does not automatically die, renewing is straight forward POS office or however. The way I see it, the insurance should still cover the actual car if comprehensive? What if car stolen from inside the house? Obviously anything were to happen on the road, you'd kena but I don't see why the fire and theft coverage should expire when its issued for the whole year.

Anyway, before I confuse the TS or even myself let me repeat - no insurance, no roadtax. Only with valid insurance can roadtax be renewed and if you renew insurance say 1st of Jan for a year but roadtax only 10 days later means roadtax will only be issued to 1st Jan.

But now that JPJ and court appearances are involved, well to be honest you should have known better and I'm sorry you had to be a victim to the increasing number of roadblocks in and around KL. Luckily for you, I have a solution which I've used to my advantage although involved PDRM and expired roadtax which expired in June but I got stopped in July.

This one you need acting skills a bit LOL. When he said my road tax expired, had to pretend shocked and confidently say I have a few days to go. Then went over and "Oh, saya mati2 ingat dia tulis JUL rupa2nya JUN". Then continue explain my excuse which was that car just got picked up from workshop (this is true - rebuild) so as such I did not realize and since the car is not driven daily, I had wrongly assumed it was JUL. Then apologized lah because its entirely believable since when the policeman sort of gave it some thought, he was like "Yelah, betul jugak. Saya faham macam mana awak boleh tersilap tapi benda ni serious, yada2. Got long, long lecture and then adjourn".

Worked for me in the past. Got off with condition I was to park at the nearest hotel or shopping center (got stopped in BB) and leave car there. Sort out the new roadtax etc and then come back for the car. No saman, no duit kopi. That was close :wavey:

But driving with no roadtax is a serious offence and for a P-plater is potentially fatal (to the license that is!) and hopefully you won't kena gantung at least. Try compromise and say you're guilty, sorry for all the trouble, repented etc, please fine you, reset the probation or add period or whatever lah. Actually, can work out something lah so long as you show adequate remorse and take responsibility for your actions and the consequences.

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
No the thing is, the car (stock to the bone Kelisa) still have valid insurance until the mid of July, and this car is bought 2nd hand from another owner early this year. So, yeah i think the owner only renewed 6 months of roadtax. Btw, i didn't blame JPJ, it really is my fault for forgetting, but then again, the only thing that time on my mind was my finals AND my dad thought he saw JUL instead of JUN lol.

My main question was, will I be able to convert my P to CDL tomorrow? Because they didn't say anything about my license being suspended. I read some other forums saying, just convert, when the time comes just go court and pay the summons, that's all.

And another thing, is it okay if i go to the JPJ office to talk to them about my current case, which is me having valid insurance but they wrote there no insurance?

*It's my first roadblock EVER in 2 years btw*

Last edited:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
No the thing is, the car (stock to the bone Kelisa) still have valid insurance until the mid of July, and this car is bought 2nd hand from another owner early this year. So, yeah i think the owner only renewed 6 months of roadtax. Btw, i didn't blame JPJ, it really is my fault for forgetting, but then again, the only thing that time on my mind was my finals AND my dad thought he say JUL instead of JUN lol.

My main question was, will I be able to convert my P to CDL tomorrow? Because they didn't say anything about my license being suspended. I read some other forums saying, just convert, when the time comes just go court and pay the summons, that's all.

And another thing, is it okay if i go to the JPJ office to talk to them about my current case, which is me having valid insurance but they wrote there no insurance?

*It's my first roadblock EVER in 2 years btw*
When is court date?

Yes, I would continue and renew because you are chosen to appear in front of a judge to answer for whatever it is they are charging you with under the Akta Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalanraya. Until then, shouldn't the presumptuon of innocence hold true? As for the valid insurance part I wouldn't bother until the day you have to turn up for court. Who knows, perhaps might even get off for salah seksyen hahah. Well, we can only hope.

But if I were you, I'd renew tomorrow morning nice and early and then run out of JPJ with new license and hide it under pillow! Then wait for your day in court haha :driver:

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
@[PIMPIN]:

Haha another 3 more months! In around end of September. Alright, what you've said is exactly the answers i was looking for. So i shall continue going there first thing in the morning. :)

True about the insurance part, my dad just told me to explain to the judge about the case. Gonna bring the insurance statement and also my exam timetable also heehee. The officer just told me to rayu in court so the summon will be lower. :l

Haha, it's because i need the license badly as i'm quite crippled without one. BTW, thanks a lot mate! A drink on me if we DO meet :)

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
@[PIMPIN]:

Haha another 3 more months! In around end of September. Alright, what you've said is exactly the answers i was looking for. So i shall continue going there first thing in the morning. :)

True about the insurance part, my dad just told me to explain to the judge about the case. Gonna bring the insurance statement and also my exam timetable also heehee. The officer just told me to rayu in court so the summon will be lower. :l

Haha, it's because i need the license badly as i'm quite crippled without one. BTW, thanks a lot mate! A drink on me if we DO meet :)
Aiyaa don't need lah. That's what the forums are for. Plus, one day you will go on to pretend and help someone on your own too! Hahah

Just keep in mind that I've never had to be in your situation but seems only logical for that process to be what I described above. As for the car, the roadtax can be renewed until then right? No problems right?

Anyway, if you're up for it look for Akta Pengangkutan Jalan 1987 which is available online and save the PDF onto your PC. I think yours is under section 23(?) of the Act which is 'Kesalahan lain berkaitan dengan pendaftaran dan pelesenan kenderaan kenderaan
motor' and with it comes maximum fine of RM2k. Additionally, this could lead to suspension of license covered under 35 and 35A.

35. Kuasa Ketua Pengarah menggantung atau membatalkan lesen memandu
35A. Kuasa Ketua Pengarah untuk membatalkan lesen memandu percubaan

But you do realize for lesen percubaan that if they gantung it can be for up to 2 years before next being eligible for another go behind the wheel. But hopefully won't come to that.

Just remember that Sec 37 of the Act allows you to write directly to Minister and appeal. Last hope and usually works if you know him I guess hahah :driver:

Good luck!

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
Haha roadtax can be renewed lah no problem.

Just asked one of my friend's mum who is a lawyer who dealt with court cases such as these. She said, for my case, not much to worry about as i can renew my license and roadtax as normal. But when the day comes, my license will already be CDL instead of P if everything goes well tomorrow.

For the court, she said, they'll just charge me a minimum of RM150 to a maximum of RM300. And nothing more than that. I'll just need to accept the charge, explain to them about my insurance, and being my first time, they'll be okay.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Haha roadtax can be renewed lah no problem.

Just asked one of my friend's mum who is a lawyer who dealt with court cases such as these. She said, for my case, not much to worry about as i can renew my license and roadtax as normal. But when the day comes, my license will already be CDL instead of P if everything goes well tomorrow.

For the court, she said, they'll just charge me a minimum of RM150 to a maximum of RM300. And nothing more than that. I'll just need to accept the charge, explain to them about my insurance, and being my first time, they'll be okay.
Yup, good you managed to get access to a lawyer at least to comfort yourself.

Try this website: F.A.Q

Click on the third link: PANDUAN PROSES KESALAHAN BAGI KES-KES TRAFIK DI MAHKAMAH MAJISTRET

And there it walks you throught the whole thing, from what to wear and what to bring.

Just make sure you realize how serious this could have been. This is a learning experience, make sure it counts and keep in mind why its important. One small mistake and you could have been on the line for other peoples' losses both vehicle and life even.

Anyway, looks like you should be set for tomorrow. Don't think you'd have problems by the look of it. One thing about JPJ, some people just have bad luck and have to jump through so many hoops etc while others are quite lucky. I consider myself lucky when it comes to JPJ, all these years and I've only been though ONE JPJ roadblock LOL. And that was in a standard car. :driver: Thank God for that.

Drive safe, let us know how it went lah once you've sorted it out. Least can serve as guide for future. :rofl:

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
Thanks a lot! Will update on how it will go. Don't think it'll be as bad as it sounds.. After all, it's not like i've caused an accident or taken another motorist's life. :O

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
wish u luck bro,
but since youre a student, they might let u go....u say u seldom use the car & normally your dad does the insurance & roadtax renewal.

anyways, next time u could renew with MyEG, they will send u reminder when your insurance & roadtax are expiring.

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
Noted bro Danz. That time really forgot about my roadtax expiring.. was all about my papers at that time. :P

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
goodluck on your case...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Source : http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/SE+Asia/Story/STIStory_363410.html

April 14, 2009
M'sian crooks were cops

KUALA LUMPUR - A NEWS report says Malaysian police rushed to a robbery scene only to find the suspects were fellow officers.

The New Straits Times reports three men of a special elite police unit - one of them armed with a pistol - were allegedly caught robbing five men at a house in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday.

The...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience