rim question!

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
currently bought a set of japan recon rim at halfcut , 17x7jj , 10 holes, but sadly , i dunno wat rim is it ,it come with rim cape but do the brand on rim cape can be trusted as the brand of the rim??, i really need to know bout the rim offset but it is not written on the back, any sifu can help? i currently run on e4 twinpot , the distance between the caliper to the rim spoke still got bout 2cm, is this enough to fit e5 brembo?? help:adore::adore:

Attachments

Last edited:

500 RPM
Jul 17, 2006
u flip the rim around and take a pic of all the words/markings, post here. i think easier for ppl to help you see... as for clearance, my caliper to rim is only like .5cm... still ok

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
the rear words so blur, corroded since halfcut, but can see words like ET , JPN , 6/26(in a circle), 28 or 38(in a circle) ,that is all, other than that is written in front of rim, 17x7jj,680kg etc....

i din mean is it enough to have 2cm clearance for my current e4 twibpot, i am asking the 2cm extra can clear the brembo or not.... btw, anyone know actual size of the brembo calipers? far bigger than e4 twinpot?

500 RPM
Jul 17, 2006
Try and take each rim, use some really concentrated cleaner like dynamo or something to rub on the markings... Shud be 38, in which case that wud be your offset

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
i used acid dy :burnout: but nvm, founded a way to calculate offset myself, even not that accurate but should be okay

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
7jj cant clear your brembo 4pots ler...
u need at least 8jj or 9jj offset not sure hehe....
i also not really sure, but 8jj rim in wira is a bit :stupid: sure hit the side since too wide... wat is the min tyre width can mount to 8jj rim? 205 can? but some 7 jj can clear brembo also le:hmmmm::hmmmm:

danz, got question , 2 pot caliper of e4 is very small if compared to brembo?:hmmmm: what i know brembo are thicks only

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
yeah, maybe some 7jj can clear brembo's but dunno bout the offset.
i still prefer twin pot compared to 4pot brembo.
cos i have a pair of 4 pot brembo's on my fiat coupe turbo, but the braking power is not as good compared to my eterna twin turbo twin pots........
summore the brake pads costs a bomb.....not my cuppa tea anyways......

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
yeah, maybe some 7jj can clear brembo's but dunno bout the offset.
i still prefer twin pot compared to 4pot brembo.
cos i have a pair of 4 pot brembo's on my fiat coupe turbo, but the braking power is not as good compared to my eterna twin turbo twin pots........
summore the brake pads costs a bomb.....not my cuppa tea anyways......
actually, rim size determine how big ur rotor can go, offset is the measurement from the center if rim to the spoke of ur rim,offset determine the caliper size u can go....

ur fiat got abs? if got try remove it and try,sure much better.... i running without abs btw...... i think brembo 4 pot is for people who has heavy legs, not like 2 pot, half pedal can stop dy

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
It depends mainly on spoke design of your rim. also, offset play quite important aspect.

I dont know really what's the rims requirement to fix 4pot brembo from E5. but definitely, it's not necessary to have 8jj width... even, OEM rims of DC5R is 17x7jj with the offset of 60mm (IIRC)... still, it can accomodate 4pot brembo..

Like i said, spoke design comes first, follows by offset...

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
min offset, if follow by the e5 stock rim, is +38 .... dc5r with +60 offset O.o ? i din know that, the biggest offset i ever heard

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
WTF, i really less educated, just google up and found out ET = offset..... din notice ....