RIM AND TYRE SIZE and LOWERING... WHATS THE REAL EFFECTS

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

lavon

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
We chat about rims and tires and how the lowering can influence car handling and engine performance, fuel consumption and other mechanism functionality. I ‘m wondering, if rim and tire size changed to bigger diameter and suspension is lowered, is it necessary to adjust the drive shaft and steering rack positioning… After 4 months I drive with my 16 inch rim with 45 series tyres and GAB adjustable, steering rack give way and wheel bearing started to make noise... please advice

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
bigger rims = higher fuel consumption

lowered suspension need to readjust allignment lar... if not sure lari... besides, cannot lower too much or u will have premature wear on driveshaft and so on....

45series tyres are kinda low profile lar.... since u are using adjustable (pressumeably it is stiffer than oem), ur wheel and wheel hub are taking all the shocks.... thus, u get premature wear on bearings as well...

lavon

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
Thanks Luke Skywalker...

No doubt these occurrence consisted due to the changes. Somehow rather I prefer the low ground clearence looks… it’s stunning though compared to other normal Iswara. By the way is it possible to adjust those of drive shaft and the hubs, and is it also possible to change the wheel bearing??

JGE_4G15

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
SkYwAlKeR said:
bigger rims = higher fuel consumption

lowered suspension need to readjust allignment lar... if not sure lari... besides, cannot lower too much or u will have premature wear on driveshaft and so on....

45series tyres are kinda low profile lar.... since u are using adjustable (pressumeably it is stiffer than oem), ur wheel and wheel hub are taking all the shocks.... thus, u get premature wear on bearings as well...
apologies...
dun mean to intervene this thread...
juz wanna check with bro skywalker....
if my ride is 4g15 auto...
will there b any side effects if i change to 15@ rims w/ 50 series tyres....?
suspensions still using stock...

greatly appreciate if u can advise.....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
if using stock suspension i think shouldnt be a problem... jz make sure the rims u gonna fit in not too wide of having the wrong offset... check with ur mech for the optimum offset (coz i also dunno) rim without using spacer....

side effects are.... more lateral grip.... more stable highspeed.... ride comfort reduced abit due to lower profile tyres.... since ur suspension still stock, i dont think got premature wear in driveshaft and so on la... consult ur mech for more detail lor if any problem persist....

JGE_4G15

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
thank for the info bro skywalker....

cheers....

lavon

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
Dear all,

About breathing and exhaust system especially for 4G13 includes 4G15... I done few modification consiste of lighten flywheel, 1.6 clutch plate, extractor and 1.7 inch piping system and open element airfilter plus breathing hose... pickup is ok but top end is dissapointing... what else can be done? is it this due incorrect setting on breathing & exhaust system? Or anything to do with carburator setting, tuning... pls advice, many thanks

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
if engine power is remained, u can only choose either one lo.... pickup or topspeed.... if u want top speed, get s-flow muffler or s-flow midbox for added backpressure....
besides, u changed to 1.6 clutch plate... thats also the reason it slows u down abit in terms of top speed....

how fast u are expecting ur 4g13/4g15 to go??.... i guess max usually below 200kmh la....

lavon

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
sKYWALKER, can you share further info on the s-flow muffler on 4G engine setting perspective.... TQ

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
this one arr???... i also not vr expert la... i guess u can learn more by searching through the forum here.... there are lots of threads regarding exhaust setup for 4G engine....

or u can enquire more from kweng la (that monza muffler seller).... he also driving iswara 4g13p.... he more expert in exhaust setup...

all i know is if u want good pickup, best go for straightflow...
if u want top speed, s-flow can help add backpressure for better top speed...

lavon

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
Well bro, I supposed retaining 4G13 engine is now becoming an unsatisfying fact... I am looking forward to swap in 4G91 engine coupled with 4G13 grearbox plus rear diskbrake set which cost RM2650... how do you think? I just wondering how the performance will be in terms of pickup, top end and fuel consumption...

Most people would say... speeding kills.

To me, it is for the sake of wanting not to be left behind in terms of power when on the road... Sometimes, there is rude and irritating drivers out there. So, overtaking, sprinting and to be ahead is crucial... how sweet it'll be to be able to surprised these people with a plain looking Iswara aeroback...

Last edited:

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Heheh.. Ur money leh.. Do what you want with it .. You are already answering your own questions.. :regular_smile:

lavon

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
yah... finally, combination of awareness and objectives find an answer...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sori if this topic been asked b4 :smile:

which polish material will perform better... dunno which one to purchase when in store le....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience