• Replies 185
  • Views 34K
  • See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
just wondering, the filter is inside the carbon fibre intake, is it cleanable or you have to replace the whole item?

btw, instead of the alternative, the item in the review, will it have a version to fit the new Myvi? the smaller alternatives doesn't look as impressive as the reviewed unit.. if you get what i mean :D

wanzer

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
cbljkkj said:
Still no word on smaller cars like the Kelisa haih...i seriously doubt it can fit.Checked it out at Links Sunway.Technicians still havent called me yet %^&*
Ya lor....I also curious to know if I can get one for Kelisa.
Is the filter washable? Or can we use another filter to replace?

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
yes the filter is washable...same material as KNN's filters....wash...hang to dry and refit them back....

edmx

Jul 19, 2005
Setiawangse, KL
BMC or race craft Cf intake..anyway, here goes my silly question, any CF for Gen2? i really am interested in giving my GENifer a clean and cooler air to breathe. I know where to find race craft. already asked quotation for hood. which im still considering. but do i get BMC? or at least the review? most of the previous post's links are broken. thanks.

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
You can purchase BMC Style Air Intake at any one of our distributor's showroom....

N1 Racing
Links Dynotune
Redsun Motorsport

Cheers

gizmo

Jun 29, 2005
jb
hi satanic, so there are ready stock at the distributor showroom edi?? price wise still rm350 kah?

manhunt

Known Member
Jan 3, 2005
hi enthusiasts..!

just purchased this unit..everything went well, got it connected with samco hose as well.
engine bay really look nice,

powerwise...the engine really pulls and feel light.compared to my monster size open pod
i think both got pros and cons..open pod i must say got more punch coz of the big size.
used to run 5' diameter filter.. for this one the lower end feels better.

but.... haa.. i korek a hole at my bumper to fix the supplied c.a.i hose, but in less than 1 hour driving..i reached home at found that the hose koyak and tercabut from the rubber housing i fix to the bumper...

gonna fix it tomorrow morning... then test again for overall review...chows..

edmx

Jul 19, 2005
Setiawangse, KL
wah manhunt. selling you open pod and getting this one aah? seriously the open pod youre offering not bad la. will contact you before puasa or early sep to see the item. you got this one installed also ka?cooool

manhunt

Known Member
Jan 3, 2005
edmx said:
wah manhunt. selling you open pod and getting this one aah? seriously the open pod youre offering not bad la. will contact you before puasa or early sep to see the item. you got this one installed also ka?cooool
aiyyah you also here.... ok keep it to yourself ok.
anything just pm me..

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
2 questions,

1) price RM450 for the set, does the price include the filter?
2) can it fit into Hyundai Tiburon?

Last edited:

manhunt

Known Member
Jan 3, 2005
joeker,
i bought at links..but no foc stickers laaa..
u still have any ? so i can tampal there.

i'll be looking at other cf products u sell as well..
can gimme good price or not ?

anyway the alumunium c.a.i hose easily tear off la, but overall really satisfied now connect a pvc hose straight to the bumper's custom opening.

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Stickers? lemme check to see if theres any left.

GEN2 CF hood is on the way. It'll hit our shores VERY SOON. Its full a carbon Fibre unit.

We're glad you liked it.

AccordR

Racecraft Staff
Nov 18, 2003
manhunt said:
joeker,
i bought at links..but no foc stickers laaa..
u still have any ? so i can tampal there.

i'll be looking at other cf products u sell as well..
can gimme good price or not ?

anyway the alumunium c.a.i hose easily tear off la, but overall really satisfied now connect a pvc hose straight to the bumper's custom opening.
Manhunt,
Links do not have our stickers. You can always contact SataniC for the stickers. The stickers will also be passed to Joeker soon. Anytime you are free can go look for them, can give you the sticker FOC! ;)

Regards,
Shedden

manhunt

Known Member
Jan 3, 2005
OK SHEDDEN,
will pm any of you guys later.
thanks

anyway i like your guys attitude on serving customers..
racecraft can go really far like this. just let me know if i can help you on your banking needs or even a modelcar to showcase your product. hahahaa..

netken

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
HamuHamuChan
www.2advanced.com
Shen,

my car also fitted with the RC filter' i also have no sticker nia' ... how come leh??

hehehe.. can give one so i can stick on the filter?

you wouldn't believe what Jaffa did to my car.. spend the whole day there today!!

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Review: Open pod air filter with carbon fibre heat shield

Last Saturday I decided to replace my GTi's stock air filter with an open pod air filter.

As you all know that cooler air is denser and it packs more oxygen resulting in a bigger bang. So cold air is better than hot air.

Therefore I didn't want to get any open pod air filter and then later worry about how to shield it from the hot under hood air in the engine bay. Of course I could always get those ready made heat shields but they can be rather expensive and I don't want the hassle to DIY my own heatshield.

So it's no point having an open pod air filter if it's sucking in hot air right?

Well...lucky for me, I found out about Racecraft's own open pod air filter that comes encased within a carbon fibre heat shield.

So there I was at N1 Racing last Saturday. I saw 2 sizes of the same open pod air filter. The sales person there recommended the smaller one as the larger one won't be able to fit into my Gti's tight engine bay.

The price of the smaller open pod was RM130. On top of that, I had to purchase an adapter to fit the open pod air filter to my MAF sensor. The adapter cost me RM60.

After installing it, I had my car dynotuned. It registered an increase of about 5 horsepower*.

I guess the carbon fibre heat shield does work afterall.

Now my engine seems more responsive and there was no noticeable increase in noise from within the cabin.

Now everytime I open my hood, the first thing that catches the eye is the RaceCraft open pod air filter.

* This result may vary for every individual due to various factor like engine condition, engine oil, petrol, air temperature and any additional mods done prior to the installation ( exhaust system, flywheel, spark plugs, cams, etc )

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Red Bull driver Mark Webber takes us on a virtual tour of the legendary Spa Francorchamps circuit that hosts the Belgian GP. Red Bull has been introducing the many circuits that Grands Prix visit and each video has its own unique feature. This time Mark introduces the circuit while driving it on the Red Bull simulator, something that makes it hard to concentrate on what Mark's saying because no...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience