REclub - FRASER'S HILL SUNDAY DRIVE 10th JULY

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
sorry for crash this topic...
can i go fraser hill have a look RE club gathering ??
coz i come from raub pahang...and very interested to go there..
thanks

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Target Design,

Your're most welcome to meet us there.:)

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
Fraser's Hill Route Map

For all those that have confirmed their attendance for Sundays drive please find attached the route map. The same map will be handed out at the JeJantas restoran meet area. See you all there!

13btt

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
Target Design,

Your're most welcome to meet us there.:)
but i drive wira aeroback 1.3 only wor....can or not???:D

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
if wira driver are welcome...then i will meet all of you at Fraser's Hill gate.....thanks:D

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I really do not see a problem with you guys joining us. Its always nice to meet fellow enthusiast. :)

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
Photos & more photos

Here are the photos of yesterday's event. The event was great fun and was a good mix of people and cars...including a stunning s2000 which managed to keep pace well.

The first leg of the drive up to Tanjong Malim was fun and it was plain to see the blue RX-7 was the fastest and meanest looking ride of the day! There was huge flames (fire) coming out of his tailpipe which scared the hell out of a motorist or two! I was told the black FC and silver FD also had some fire or two to match.

All managed to test their skills through the varied turns from KKB up to the Gap but were limited by the silver rx who decided to take it slow & steady...8-) Ok I was limited by my 16" rims 8-( Danny need your help here where are those 17" rims?????

Once reaching Fraser's Hill we made quite an impression, with stares and mouths open as the convoy passed by. Dave was very unfortunate to have his keys locked in his car (ok I better put here he didn't do it himself!) but luckily Danny was on hand to save the day by showing his skills and all was resolved...that is to say Dave didn't spend the night and could relax during lunch.

After a hearty lunch the silver rx decided to take it even slower through the curves to ensure the wife wouldn't be sick on a full stomach, whilst others including the copper rx decided to race ahead and set the pace for others to follow...too bad that he took a wrong turn and instead of heading back to the highway took a detour to Batang Kali and down through Rawang town!

Once again we all met up in A+ Auto Accessories, Jalan Universiti to have a few drinks, talk of the day's events and discover the latest car accessories available for our cars. Very impressive stuff especially the Vibramat sound dampening...really good to quieten our HUGE & loud exhausts..Phoon take note here 8-)

I'm sure all look forward to the next event and we welcome any suggestions and volunteers to help organise.

Cheers all,

Glen

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
More photos

Here are the rest of the photos taken...sorry about the image quality 20kb is very restrictive.

Check out those cool lights on the copper FD!!

endless551

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Visit site

Looks like I've missed out on the fun.. Was tied down by the Dreamcar motorshow anyway..

Glenn: Sound deadening mat adds weight to my car :D

I really think we should organise a track event where I'll feel more in place with those gut wrecking suspension.. How about this coming Sunday 17th??? Was there the previous weekend but have to be honest its a war zone down there..

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
Phoon you better leave out that stereo from your car too then...loads of weight there also! 8-)

YES I am very keen for a track day...just need to get the helmet?? must quietly admit never been on SIC track...

What are the chances of another "bad" driver totalling my car?? That is to say how many cars on the track at one time in your vast experience?

Any other RX-7s interested, please speak up??

endless551

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Visit site
The rear 2 speakers have been permenantly removed for ease of suspension damping adjustment.. ahahaha.. Left with 2 tweaters and the head unit only.. those will go soon once I get a daily commute car..

U could get those really cheap 'cup chai' helmet.. But my personal opinion would be to spend the most u can afford for your helmet. Ur counting on that to protect ur melon in the event of an accident.. Would u want to compromise on that? Definitely not me.. But I used to ride hence I have a bike helmet.

U just have to be sensible in the circuit, try to let ur head do the thinking instead of ur balls.. There are some pretty reckless drivers down there but u just have to avoid them by either driving faster or let them pass safely.. In my experience.. the lane hoggers that swerve into u a low speed on high speed sweepers are the most likely cause of disaster.. Generally, just be alert and know what is ur priority there.. to run a hot lap and get some timing? To dog fight with others? Or just learning the lines, braking point, gearing for ur car. Sometimes traffic could get really heavy but just a matter of being alert and keeping a distance if ur unsure bout the skill of the driver ahead. Last week there was almost 30cars at one point... No worries. ur FD will pull away in no time, sepang is a power advantage circuit..

We should move this thread to the one i've just started..

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
it was certainly a fun drive. For most part i love to zip down the hill coz its much more fun than driving on the h'way. Eddie's Initial D FC was pretty good as he managed to keep up. Some pretty scary moments especially with motorist refusing to give way but it was fun nonetheless.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
thats why lah sk asked you to come. your car i tell you is one of a kind!! would have been good to have all 3 gens of rx7. :)