Rear Vibration at 90km/h , Dented Rim or Something else

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Folks , i just changed at rear left wheel bearings and change tires at the rear side to try to eliminate this wobble vibration which occur at 80-90km/h and after that speed, it will be gone ... The vibration can be felt through rear and front seats. After changing the tires at the back and the rear wheel bearing, the wobble is still there. The only left over cause i can think of is the one of the rims behind, which one of them is dented. The dented rim was previously repaired but i can still see there is still slight up and down while rotating on the balancing machine, my question is, can this slight dented rim cause the wobble i am having now ?

Note that i have the rim repaired at Tek Ming at Sunway ... Please give review of this shop so i can advise others to avoid them if they are really bad at doing such repairing ...

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
if u suspect the rim too much...try to swap ur rim around and test again......

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Just did what you had told me ... It didn't work ... But one good thing is , i just got my car 4 wheel alignment, the vibration change pattern and the noise is reduce pretty much but still detectable , i am notified that my 4 tires seems to be wear out not evenly , especially the rear ... So how would you think that is that the true causes of everything ?? I am running on 18" rims though ...

keevan

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
SumWhereInEarth
bro..i think you can check your rear arm bushing....maybe worn out...it will some very minor movement and that maybe can cause vibration and uneven tire wear...

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Bro keevan , my vibration only occurs at speed between 80-95km/h ... Above 100-110 km/h no sound or vibration ... After 120-140 km/h got "wong wong" sound and the tempo increased as speed goes on ... After 150 km/h it disappeared ... My arm bushing are ok according to the tire guy ... Wheel bearing is replaced ... I have no idea what's going with my car ... But one thing i know , the 4 wheel alignment somehow reduce the vibration and also the loudness of the high speed moaning sound ... PLEASE HELP @@

keevan

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
SumWhereInEarth
hmmm something very very strange....did you try replace your tires...un even wear for flat spot abit...i m not expert but just giving some idea maybe can solve the issue...maybe u try do again wheel alignment and balancing, i heard GS motorsport near honda showroom at PJ 222 is good, but expensive maybe u can try and see, if it helps to solve your issue then i wil be happy hahahah

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
is the rubber lar.....izzit the time four u to change 4 new rubber ???
1 un-even worn tyre will cause the annoying sound on certain speed.....
2 front and 2 rear thread need to be even.....
I assume ur rotor, caliber and brake pad are all OK

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Mr kampoon

Thanks for your post , found out the problem ad , you are right its the rubber , i made a silly mistake when purchasing tires and i am too ashame to tell the silly mistake here ... it will be solve sooner so thanks for those who reply to this post !! I am greatly thankful !!

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
Yeah Yeah....happy to hear that......MLOCian ROCKS !!!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need your opinion.

with so many glass smashing cases going on, i am thinking of getting my car tinted (30% VLT) more for security reasons. usually, i am required to carry a bunch of IT equipments for presentations, and it will usually be placed at my back seat (trunk will be packed with speakers and white screen).

knowing that jpj is on the loose to issue love letters, i was wondering if anyone knows of any jalan.

i don't mind paying the fine, but don't want the hassle to go for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience