rear height issue

namakuAriff

Known Member
Jul 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi bros,

Need some advise from all sifus here..

Im driving vios year made 2005...previously was on stock absorber..i noticed that the fender gap (between tyre and fender) is senget a bit…meaning on the left side sometimes can insert 5 fingers, on right can insert 3 fingers..sometimes both are on the same level…so I thought the problem is the absorber itself since the car has been around for 5-6 years on stock absorber (never changed it)

Recently, I changed to IMP hi low adjustable, and yet the problem still occur…may I know what might leads to this?

Hard to confirm whether when they install they absorber, poor workmanship is being done because before I changed also the problem is there..

So need your kind advise 1st before I go to the workshop (scared kene taruk kaw kaw by them coz I don’t know anything)… thanks!

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
Hi bros,

Im driving vios year made 2005...previously was on stock absorber..i noticed that the fender gap (between tyre and fender) is senget a bit…meaning on the left side sometimes can insert 5 fingers, on right can insert 3 fingers..sometimes both are on the same level…so I thought the problem is the absorber itself since the car has been around for 5-6 years on stock absorber (never changed it)

Recently, I changed to IMP hi low adjustable, and yet the problem still occur…may I know what might leads to this?

Hard to confirm whether when they install they absorber, poor workmanship is being done because before I changed also the problem is there..

So need your kind advise 1st before I go to the workshop (scared kene taruk kaw kaw by them coz I don’t know anything)… thanks!
if u use std abdsorber..the high didn't change bro..if u want lowered..u have to use at least adjustable hi lo.....so that u can adjust the height of your car as you like...if have more budget..get hi lo soft hard adjustable...then u can adjust the hard or soft as you like.....maybe can use for 2-3 years or maybe longer if u only use for daily driving..not for race..:):driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi bros,

When you changed to the IMP hi/lo, did you change the absorber mounting together with it? Springs as well?

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
This uneven gap between the fender and wheels is very common. The uneven gap occurs due to uneven load placed in the vehicle, either from passenger, cargo or petrol tank. Its almost impossible to adjust it equally as the parameters constantly change. And it doesn't matter whether the vehicle runs on adjustables or stock. Unless maybe you use extremely hard springs like those used on race cars. But I doubt they are suitable for road use.

namakuAriff

Known Member
Jul 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
if u use std abdsorber..the high didn't change bro..if u want lowered..u have to use at least adjustable hi lo.....so that u can adjust the height of your car as you like...if have more budget..get hi lo soft hard adjustable...then u can adjust the hard or soft as you like.....maybe can use for 2-3 years or maybe longer if u only use for daily driving..not for race..:):driver:
errr.... :confused: i was on stock absorber bro..now on hi-low adjustable..thanks :)

When you changed to the IMP hi/lo, did you change the absorber mounting together with it? Springs as well?
only changed the front mounting..and it cost me 120 per piece (ori OEM parts)
..quite shock actually coz i think i saw somewhere quoted 120 for a set? (ori OEM parts)..

yes the adjustable comes with the new spring..thanks bro..

This uneven gap between the fender and wheels is very common. The uneven gap occurs due to uneven load placed in the vehicle, either from passenger, cargo or petrol tank. Its almost impossible to adjust it equally as the parameters constantly change. And it doesn't matter whether the vehicle runs on adjustables or stock. Unless maybe you use extremely hard springs like those used on race cars. But I doubt they are suitable for road use.
park in car porch..same leveled surface (i tested using those for construction use, dunno what they called..no one in car..boot empty..except full tank..hurmm...i asked around..some might say this is due to poor workmanship during they installed the adjustable..thanks bro :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,

anyone know the proper way to check atf fluid ?
i change atf fluid jus now, but not sure the level is correct or not.
Fully drain the atf and pour in 4 bottle of atf oil as suggested.

I found a service manual for atf-xp3 but not sure for which model and i follow the instruction as below:
Warm up the engine and keep the engine running,
Pull handbrake and from P gear position, stop a while in every gear position until Level 2 and stop a while in every gear to neutral...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience