RCA now offers "pick n mix" Intermediate-level Driver Training modules!

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
RCA now offers "pick n mix" Intermediate-level Driver Training modules at it's Sepang Track Days!

Being less rigid and structured, you may now choose to attend any or all of the following modules at your own time and leisure during the track day. Our Driver Instructors will be there waiting to take you one-on-one through the exercises:

1: Skid Control
2: Basic Drifting
3: Braking while cornering
4: One-on-one on-track 30mins with Instructor

*Price per module is SGD 50 / RM 110 each (excluding track fee)
*Each module is 25 minutes long for up to 4 participants at a time.

Two courses will be set up in the Paddock carpark behind the pits for the exercises, and will be conducted simultanously:

1: Skid pan
2: Braking and cornering

Skid Pan

This will be used for 2 types of training

a) Skid control
b) Basic drifting

It is simply a watered-down circle, with a run up.

For Skid Control, cars will run up to 60kmh towards the pan, and then turn into it and brake. This will induce a slide from the rear, which will enable you to experience and learn to predict/control a skid.

For Basic Drifting, you will be taught how to induce, and then how to control the drift.

Braking and cornering

This will be used to understand the basic aspects of

a) controlling the car when braking whilst cornering
b) learn to yaw (pivot) the car on the brakes into a corner

This section is dry.

Please book your place in the Driver Training Modules to ensure a spot! Conduct your training experience early, and then head on to the Circuit to put them into practice!

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
I will be teaching how to power-induce oversteer, then feel for and balance and hold the slide ;)

As I mentioned, the basis of drifting and holding a slide.

It's not just for drifting, but also applicable for setting good lap times. To not feel fear when the rear breaks loose at 150kmh in Turn12, so that you can attack it harder and faster, and find the limit, and then bring it back one-step to seek the fastest way around a corner.

Without the basic skill of holding a drift, you cannot maximise your corner speed around T5 & T6, T7 & T8, and T11 till T14.

Potentially the improvements are worth 3 seconds in combination. Try to find 3 seconds from modifying your car, you'll spend thousands. Spend a couple of hundred, and you can potentially find 3 seconds from your driving skills alone!

And it's an investment you'll keep for, and enjoy, for the rest of your life hehe!!

/adian

ysl

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
B'worth/Penang
I will be teaching how to power-induce oversteer, then feel for and balance and hold the slide ;)

As I mentioned, the basis of drifting and holding a slide.

It's not just for drifting, but also applicable for setting good lap times. To not feel fear when the rear breaks loose at 150kmh in Turn12, so that you can attack it harder and faster, and find the limit, and then bring it back one-step to seek the fastest way around a corner.

Without the basic skill of holding a drift, you cannot maximise your corner speed around T5 & T6, T7 & T8, and T11 till T14.

Potentially the improvements are worth 3 seconds in combination. Try to find 3 seconds from modifying your car, you'll spend thousands. Spend a couple of hundred, and you can potentially find 3 seconds from your driving skills alone!

And it's an investment you'll keep for, and enjoy, for the rest of your life hehe!!

/adian

Adian, you have highlighted all my problems, count me in.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Car Provided and RM110 for each module but Skid Pan is consider one module or 2 module?

Will it be a problem for a driver that lack of Manual Transmission experience? As in have been driving Auto all these while?

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
Thanks for the questions.

1. No, car is not provided. It is a track day, for which you come and bring your car. And if you wish, there are the training modules there for you to experience and enhance your skills.

2. Modules
There are 4 modules:
1: Skid Control
2: Basic Drifting
3: Braking while cornering
4: One-on-one on-track 30mins with Instructor

Skid Pan, and Braking while cornering areas are the 2 separate areas where these modules will be conducted.

/adian

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
wah SF n Danz...planning to join? been following this thread since it started...interested in the basic drifting ...but driving an auto FF car so cant join hehehe

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
Fellas, I can drift my Altezza Auto big time no problem. Its not good for the gearbox, but its totally doable. Those hollywood stuntmen drift those big-barges with stick shift auto boxes, no worries haha!!

It's all about the enthusiasm man.

We decided to create these pick n mix modules coz a lot of ppl complain that they dont want to do or cant afford a complete full-day Advanced Driving course.

So with this structure, learn what you want, and come back another day for another module when you're ready ;)

/adian

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Arturo, yes I'm interested but I'm driving auto also and is FF can't drift. I wanna learn the drift part but too bad can't also..so just looking at Braking while Cornering and Skid Control (very important if lose control) :top:

adian:
FF cars really can drift? Altezza is FR cars A/T Drift shudn't be a problem in drifting but FF cars is not possible wor unless powerslide :hmmmm:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
FF cars as far as i know is just handbrake turn...no power to back wheels nothing to control...maybe only thru steering?

adian...what are the pre-requisites for drift lessons? only rear wheel drive i can get my hands on is a junker e28...

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
FF can't drift like an FR, sorry. Missed that part about your car being FF. But go fast enough and with the right setting, FF will drift in high-speed corners :) My racing Swift Sport in S1K drifts through T6, needs some countersteer lap after lap. That's the quickest way ;)

For drifting you'll need a lockable rear differential. E28 is awesome, just that it would need an LSD.

Car control is not only about drifting fellas. Skid and cornering is important, not just for safety, but also for laptimes, if you're into that. Being able to feel and experience how the car behaves when it loses traction in the rear is not something you can do everyday. And we'll teach you how to feel exactly when the rear gains traction again and to unwind the lock, so that you dont end up fishtailing.

/adian

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Adian....this E28 is a total junker haha so no way i'm using it for track use but the skid control could prove useful...whats the time frame for this training? is it by hourly rate or is the training till i get the hang of it?

SF...interested to join?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hei guys, i own a 1979 Mercedes 123 model. Well lets say its a old gentlemen car, but unfortunately, i m a gentelmen,but VERY MUCH YOUNG, DUDE i m in early 20's. Seriously that car is beautiful. mean the comfort of riding, and i pity anyone who comes and bang me, cuz the body is rock solid. From experience. Anyways, my problem is with the petrol and pick up. i wanna improve the car performance. Someone suggested me to use the weber twin carb, but it will ruin my consumption of petrol. I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience