Proton Tiara modifications and upgrading

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hey everyone..I drive a 1996 Proton Tiara..Anyone knows how to improve the performance and handling? Been searching all over but can't get adjustable dampers o strut bars..Don't wanna do an engine swap though..Just wanna know what kind of parts that can be installed to improve it's performance.. So anyone with the knowledge please help? Thanks!

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
improve performance?i suggest an engine swap.since u wont want it,then bolt on mods will do.

mod ur intake and exhaust.

for dampers...try more popular brands like GAB and such..they will have adjustables for u.

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
thanks...

hey man..thanks for the advice..bolt ons? what kind of bolt ons? can u please explain? i'm still kinda new in this field...but this car runs on a carburetted engine..it won't be able to take turbo..can't support..regarding the dampers.. roughly how much would it costs? thanks man for helping me out..really appreciate it.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
weikhee86 said:
hey man..thanks for the advice..bolt ons? what kind of bolt ons? can u please explain? i'm still kinda new in this field...but this car runs on a carburetted engine..it won't be able to take turbo..can't support..regarding the dampers.. roughly how much would it costs? thanks man for helping me out..really appreciate it.
hi. if you don't mind about the haze coming to kuching, then find the biggest carburator you can find, or even better try to fabricate a manifold to use twin carb? and run without an air filter, lol. exhaust just go to STY there ask, they probably have some premade for tiara, who knows?

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
oh.if u want a turbo,the only way u can get it (to me the easiest way:_:) is to dump in a starlet 1.3 ep series into ur car.

bolt-ons are like items that u just to bolt on! hehe.no extensive stuff to do.

for ur intake..install an open pod air filter.:_:

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
hey guys thanks..will go look for parts in kuching..will post some more if i have doubts along the way...really appreciate your help guys..there is another thing i'm not clear about...is it possible to install fuel injectors without changing engine? i've done port and polish on the valves and the car comsumps more gas than ever..heavy price to pay for the acceleration...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Mythbuster/Does-it-work? Best I-Cable spark plug cables

As some of you may already know, I'm a huge DIY junkie and if I can do it, I will. This has presented me with a problem - skepticism. I am one of the biggest skeptics known amongst my friends when it comes to car modification voodoo. So hence this new article.

Welcome then, to episode one of my many soon to come future...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience