Proton Ertiga unveiled - 1.4-litre, EEV-certified, from RM59k!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Drive up genting with a axia before. 4 adults. It is really a torture to the car.
Hahahaha
Manual or auto?

Even when I drive Myvi 1.3 manual, it feels difficult to go further up from 100kmh onwards... Even my old Wira 1.5 is not as bad as that.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

That is your views, but they have theirs.....lol:biggrin:
Views are subjective. :biggrin: Because sometimes we do see certain Proton models are a big hit while some really suffer like Juara, Tiara, Savvy.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Manual or auto?

Even when I drive Myvi 1.3 manual, it feels difficult to go further up from 100kmh onwards... Even my old Wira 1.5 is not as bad as that.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Views are subjective. :biggrin: Because sometimes we do see certain Proton models are a big hit while some really suffer like Juara, Tiara, Savvy.
1.3 sure suffer loh, at least 1.5 still have more power....lol

Well, won't know until they are launched then only can see popular or not.....:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
1.3 sure suffer loh, at least 1.5 still have more power....lol

Well, won't know until they are launched then only can see popular or not.....:rofl:
I think the specs on paper is not so true... K3-VE spec on paper is 90hp, same with 4G15... Previously, my 4G15 is worse than Myvi. Response is bad, torque during low rpm is also bad... After the distributor fix (probably adjusted the timing like you said), FS engine oil, changed all 4 mountings, new spark plugs, the engine regained power, which is more than what I expected...

If this model is successful, we could probably see more Suzuki Proton cars in future.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If this model is successful, we could probably see more Suzuki Proton cars in future.
Well, re-badge also need to see what they use locally. I gave up on them after owning the Wira. Only the engine which is totally Mitsu was fine. Power window was main issue, even mechanical wind window in the rear broke before. Then central locking and last straw was the roof rust....:bawling:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well, re-badge also need to see what they use locally. I gave up on them after owning the Wira. Only the engine which is totally Mitsu was fine. Power window was main issue, even mechanical wind window in the rear broke before. Then central locking and last straw was the roof rust....:bawling:
They should have just use back the whole mechanism and parts from Lancer's power window. But I guess these small auxiliary parts in the car are sourced from local industries....

Now the rust is affecting my rear bonnet badly. Few days ago, I even saw the liquid bursting out from rust bubbles. Touched it and is still wet.... Roof rusting I think not only Wira is affected. I remember peterj mentioned before that his Evo 1 suffered the same roof rusting problem like Wira... Not even Evo escapes rust. :banghead:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
They should have just use back the whole mechanism and parts from Lancer's power window. But I guess these small auxiliary parts in the car are sourced from local industries....

Now the rust is affecting my rear bonnet badly. Few days ago, I even saw the liquid bursting out from rust bubbles. Touched it and is still wet.... Roof rusting I think not only Wira is affected. I remember peterj mentioned before that his Evo 1 suffered the same roof rusting problem like Wira... Not even Evo escapes rust. :banghead:
My VR 25 years dy, no rust, window all working.....lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
My VR 25 years dy, no rust, window all working.....lol
Different approach of making cars in 80s compared to 90s. :biggrin:

Another car that I noticed with roof rusting problem is Sentra N16. Saw before a few on street with a lot of rust bubbles on roof. My friend who owned one also suffers from rusting roof.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Alza 1.5 with 100bhp suffering to drive with 1150kg
this one less than 90bhp and 1175kg, can cry d..
Dont compare to Indonesia coz Indonesia bhp is not important, FC and big fuel tank is important since jam like hell at there...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Alza 1.5 with 100bhp suffering to drive with 1150kg
this one less than 90bhp and 1175kg, can cry d..
Dont compare to Indonesia coz Indonesia bhp is not important, FC and big fuel tank is important since jam like hell at there...
Good point. If is just used for pure city drive and not outstation or long distance usage, 90hp 1.4 litre is okay. But most Malaysians do use their cars for long distance travelling especially during festive seasons...

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Good point. If is just used for pure city drive and not outstation or long distance usage, 90hp 1.4 litre is okay. But most Malaysians do use their cars for long distance travelling especially during festive seasons...
Indonesian do travel, not to say they dont travel but the jam is totally hell..
example.. from Jakarta to Semarang is just 400km like Klang to JB do you all know how long you need to drive? 24 hours non stop (its non stop, no stop for toilet, smoke and eat while driving).. so what is so important of BHP in Indonesia?:biggrin:

Jakarta inner ring highway and outer ring highway is just like a super big roundabout where jam all the way...:bawling::stupid::slug:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Indonesian do travel, not to say they dont travel but the jam is totally hell..
example.. from Jakarta to Semarang is just 400km like Klang to JB do you all know how long you need to drive? 24 hours non stop (its non stop, no stop for toilet, smoke and eat while driving).. so what is so important of BHP in Indonesia?:biggrin:

Jakarta inner ring highway and outer ring highway is just like a super big roundabout where jam all the way...:bawling::stupid::slug:
Woah? Jam is so bad even at highway? :mad: Time for me to check out Google street view to see how their highway looks like.

Anyone can tag 6UE5T here since he is from Jakarta. I also want to hear his stories on this.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Woah? Jam is so bad even at highway? :mad: Time for me to check out Google street view to see how their highway looks like.

Anyone can tag 6UE5T here since he is from Jakarta. I also want to hear his stories on this.
Aiya.. Malaysia jam is nothing compare to there man..
South East Asia top jam countries, Philippines especially Manila followed by Jakarta..
:driver:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Manual or auto?

Myvi can fly on highway....so fast. See some driver, i also scare.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Myvi can fly on highway....so fast. See some driver, i also scare.
I know. Seen before stock looking Myvi driving fast on highway... Probably very bad for their FC since they are pushing their cars so hard and most people drive auto Myvi. I'm driving manual and I really need to press a lot on the throttle to reach 110kmh. Can go further but it really takes a lot of time. But acceleration on lower speeds like to 70kmh is quite good, won't feel slow.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

that day im traveling to seremban crusing 170 max speed (can reach 180) with aircond off also the same. my car has 5 ppl inside including myself . standard just change 17 inch rim. so is this normal for my car? if yes i would like to ask some sifus i dont need 240 or some turbo speed just hit the 180 is ok for me, or the car has speed limit so cut speed once reach 180? any other way to solve the problem?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience