Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
I have already changed to a lightened crank pulley. I suspect it is internals, as the engine revs like it is on highcams when the AC compressor kicks in.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
then u can try decarbonizing the intake manifold and install a FICD thingy to stabilize ur idling when u turn on the aircon

sumimasen

1,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2007
damone,
there is a probability that u nid to service up ur throttle body, since u edi mentioned that u r running SVDO type which prone to hv dis kind of disease.

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
Throttle body and intake have been cleaned with threebond cleaner just one month ago. No difference in between that. The main problem is that when the AC kicks in, the the car will idle like it is on highcams. When the compressor is not working, the vacuum is steady. It got worse after I install the LCP.

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
I have already changed to a lightened crank pulley. I suspect it is internals, as the engine revs like it is on highcams when the AC compressor kicks in.
you might need to check on your AC compressor
from my experience might be ur mechanic put too much of AC gas in it.
coz i face such experience before...let a noob mechanic add AC gas then problem occur then i sent back to my favourite workshop and my mechanic just release some AC gas then problem solved already

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
Thats a really good idea. I will check it out tomoro and let you know the outcome.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Damone - just a question of curiousity. This LCP is very much undersized or just marginally (like Mythelogy which is claimed to be 5% smaller only)? I wonder if super undersized pulleys will mess with the whole system?

Also, if your car is Siemens, you might want to go to a Proton SC and have them use the PDT2000 or whatever they call their diagnostic system and have them reset the errors if any.

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
Apparently there is nothing wrong with the compressor, but am willing to go find a second option.

My pulley is actually the same size as OEM. Regarding the PDT issue, well, it is worth a shot. Any proton SC to recommend ard subang or sunway?

bnkq1987

From Facebook
Mar 20, 2010
kajang
hi
i'm new here
now i'm using saga lmst 1.3
can i chage that old style carburetor to new n evironment EFI
is it possible? pls give some advice

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

hi! i'm new here
currently i using saga lmst 1.3
wanna change old style carburetor to evironment friendly EFI
is it possible? pls give some advice

Sep 30, 2009
Selangor
i wanna upgrade my satria 4g13 soon.. i aready changed a bit stufz on my 4g13 currently , such like 4-2-1 straight pipe wif a trumpet , HWL adjustable , K&N Open Pod , NGK iridium , 8.5++MM plug cable ( i 4get dy =) ) BR clutch set wif lighten flywheel is my next mod .. After that , i will buy pipercam , adj cam pulley , mivec injector , and 1 SAFC . Um.. can i noe if this is a good way for mode my 4g13 ? good or bad ? I will consider transplant in the future but not nw cuz i m still a students wif age 19.. Will the horsepower increase abit ? and the engine will have a good responses ? How about the FC , will be high or still ok ? what thing i still need to do.. ? 1.5 block and 1.6 strocker will be list in my tiny 4g13 soup up project also , but not nw... =D ... any 1 give suggestion ??

xbalance2002

1,500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
drexchan,
understand a friend of yours have install a Twin TB, understand in term of performance it gain what is the range of power gain in TTB and for us in real world how is the FC look like?

thanks

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
drexchan,
understand a friend of yours have install a Twin TB, understand in term of performance it gain what is the range of power gain in TTB and for us in real world how is the FC look like?

thanks
He's got torque at all ranges and FC has never been a concern when installed the setup. Damn interesting. But he's said TTB is only useful if you have internals all done up otherwise gain will be minimal.

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
drexchan,

thanks
That friend of mine is our mr. khguan lah... ask him directly.

Anyway, what izso mentioned above is true.

xbalance2002

1,500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
He's got torque at all ranges and FC has never been a concern when installed the setup. Damn interesting. But he's said TTB is only useful if you have internals all done up otherwise gain will be minimal.
Noted, that mean when use 4 TB is even better, i agree torque at all range but we use our car for every day use FC still main issue. we cant attack corner or drive like a sprint race all the time right.

That friend of mine is our mr. khguan lah... ask him directly.

Anyway, what izso mentioned above is true.
thanks

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
i wanna upgrade my satria 4g13 soon.. i aready changed a bit stufz on my 4g13 currently , such like 4-2-1 straight pipe wif a trumpet , HWL adjustable , K&N Open Pod , NGK iridium , 8.5++MM plug cable ( i 4get dy =) ) BR clutch set wif lighten flywheel is my next mod .. After that , i will buy pipercam , adj cam pulley , mivec injector , and 1 SAFC . Um.. can i noe if this is a good way for mode my 4g13 ? good or bad ? I will consider transplant in the future but not nw cuz i m still a students wif age 19.. Will the horsepower increase abit ? and the engine will have a good responses ? How about the FC , will be high or still ok ? what thing i still need to do.. ? 1.5 block and 1.6 strocker will be list in my tiny 4g13 soup up project also , but not nw... =D ... any 1 give suggestion ??
Around 70-8x HP on wheels possible if tuned properly

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
i read from some articles... a properly tuned TTB setup can get 80% of a 4-throttle system.

For my car, the throttle response n torque gain are great. The throttle response is like more than 100% increased after tuning. No joke. Havent send for dyno yet.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

izso,
On a stock car the gain is there la.. will be noticeable.. not as minimal as u mentioned la..

Throttle response will be much better for sure... it will be something like installing a weber on an EFI car... minus the increased FC.

The TTB setup is ideal for engines with internals done up like head jobs + increased displacement, as the intake system became the main restriction in the entire combustion system after all those internal mods.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
izso,
On a stock car the gain is there la.. will be noticeable.. not as minimal as u mentioned la..

Throttle response will be much better for sure... it will be something like installing a weber on an EFI car... minus the increased FC.

The TTB setup is ideal for engines with internals done up like head jobs + increased displacement, as the intake system became the main restriction in the entire combustion system after all those internal mods.
Chewww.. I only quote you nia. Not I say one, is what I understand from what you say! :biggrin: Anyway, that's also the reason why we pnp the manifold and TB what. But TTB would eliminate the need for the TB pnp I guess.

what is needed for this TTB mod? cost of mod?
What is needed for TTB? Two throttle bodies and two manifolds and a helluva lot of custom work! :biggrin: Only khguan has done this so only he'd know the actual cost. Wait for the taikor of DIY to reply la.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
TTB setup....interesting
Dunno wanna do for my 4G92P or not....hmmm....

khguan, dyno already let us see the graph. Thanks ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

calling all sifus, my dashbod panel now is wooden type (the one covering around aircond panel, radio player and meter). pretty ugly to me coz nuting in my car hav dat wooden design. plan to use carbon fiber sticker on it. izit possible as the panel got lots of curve here and there???? anyone done it b4.. anyway where can get cf sticker the one looks like real quality, most i saw doesnt look nice coz really looks printed one lor... help
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience