Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Protection for headlamps

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Well, my wife suv also last 5 years already, now start to yellow, but it is still clear and now looks tinted.....hhahhaha Let it blur then only I work on it.....lol

I call up one reputable detailing shop asking for the coating. The sales guy offer to coat for free even though I told him that I am not going to do any coating for the rest of the car. He says that he coat for free so I can try out the product, hoping 2 years later I will come back and coat the whole car.

Not sure whether it's a marketing gimmick to get me go down and hard sell me.

Usually they will try to hard sell loh! For them to coat the headlamps should be cheap....

I call up one reputable detailing shop asking for the coating. The sales guy offer to coat for free even though I told him that I am not going to do any coating for the rest of the car. He says that he coat for free so I can try out the product, hoping 2 years later I will come back and coat the whole car.

Not sure whether it's a marketing gimmick to get me go down and hard sell me.

Whoa very good, then just go ahead lor!

some said use those 'clear' aerosol..Rm5 (or not Rm8-10) per can one...

anyway i use wax on top of coating...DIY :p

some said use those 'clear' aerosol..Rm5 (or not Rm8-10) per can one...

anyway i use wax on top of coating...DIY :p

does the clear spray work?? i dont dare cuba... if i screwup.. habis....

wax helps, but does not last long.... I have to wax every 2 weeks
also tried toothpaste on a set of badly scratched lamps... it really helped, after an hour scrubbing with toothpaste and an old toothbrush, it was very clear again..... must have been very abrasive

Use the wrong type of clear and you'll get a yellowish matt colour. Suprafan had that issue with his ACE clear coat when we were DIY-ing that day

Use the wrong type of clear and you'll get a yellowish matt colour. Suprafan had that issue with his ACE clear coat when we were DIY-ing that day

erm... you guys could get it off right?? say yes pls.....

Well there are two types of protection for me, yellowish and chipping. For frequent long distance/harsh area car sure prone to stone chipping.

Which is why tint came in better usefulness for that scenario.

does the clear spray work?? i dont dare cuba... if i screwup.. habis....

wax helps, but does not last long.... I have to wax every 2 weeks
also tried toothpaste on a set of badly scratched lamps... it really helped, after an hour scrubbing with toothpaste and an old toothbrush, it was very clear again..... must have been very abrasive

Toothpaste works on yellow and blur headlamps only. If got crack lines and scratches use fine sand paper first then finish with toothpaste....:driver:

My experience so far:
1. Toothpaste works - to remove light oxidation. Headlamp will start to become yellowish after 2-3 weeks
2. Wax, silicon spray - lasted a month plus
3. Soft glass coating - 3-4 months
4. Spar urethane - nearly a year
5. Polyurethane - screwed up the lamp and had to re-sand. Something must be wrong there

How i know the durability? For no 1 and 2, i removed most of the oxidation with a buffer. Then applied those stuffs. For item 3, i applied to my own car(already has some sign of oxidation) and monitor closely. After 3-4 months some new oxidation surfaces. Item 4. Tried on many cars, all lasted for nearly a year.

My two other old cars also glass headlamps.....lol:rofl:
That's why an old car isn't necessarily a bad thing hahah but still will have chipping though. From my observation, things in the past are built to last..

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

My experience so far:
1. Toothpaste works - to remove light oxidation. Headlamp will start to become yellowish after 2-3 weeks
2. Wax, silicon spray - lasted a month plus
3. Soft glass coating - 3-4 months
4. Spar urethane - nearly a year
5. Polyurethane - screwed up the lamp and had to re-sand. Something must be wrong there

How i know the durability? For no 1 and 2, i removed most of the oxidation with a buffer. Then applied those stuffs. For item 3, i applied to my own car(already has some sign of oxidation) and monitor closely. After 3-4 months some new oxidation surfaces. Item 4. Tried on many cars, all lasted for nearly a year.

Where to get no.3 and how much?

That's why an old car isn't necessarily a bad thing hahah but still will have chipping though. From my observation, things in the past are built to last..

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

I think less weight and seems safety point of view as broken plastic not as bad as broken glass.....

A Post Every 5 Mins

Dear ZTHD members,

My car proton satria 1.6 black colour with plate number WHN 2881 has been stolen at pelangi damansara around 12 am to 6:30 am on last monday (5-Sep-2011).If any body has seen the car please inform me (019-3908078) or call the police.

Hope you guys can help, that was the only car that I have and really meaningful to me. Do inform me if found the car.

Detail of my car:
*Proton Satria 1.6 Black color with GTI Bodykit
*Crack at right part bumper (rear)
*Horizontal...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom