Project "Kermit" - The Verde Ithaca Green MINI Cooper S

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur

What started out as an Electric Blue '03 Cooper S, running 17" BBS RK's is now getting a make over. It was feeling a little bit dated so I thought a refresh would be good. So then Project "Kermit" begins. I chose to go with the Lamborghini green "Verde Ithaca", hence the "Kermit". *laughs*. This is what it looked like before. It's a bone stock daily driver with some decals. The union jack on the roof was done by MotorsportPlayground.

So then Project "Kermit" begins. I chose to go with the Lamborghini green "Verde Ithaca", hence why "Kermit". *laughs*

So off it went to the paint shop...

I was a bit skeptical when I first saw it with the color. It didn't really look good. I went home thinking, what have I done! But it grew on me after I had a few other things done.

So far, this is what that has been done. I had all the roof and chrome bits blacked out. A JCW front bumper, rear bumper and side skirts were fitted.

Door handles, the badges will have to be blacked out as well. I was supposed to fit the carbon fiber door handles, gas cap and head light surrounds but right now, looks like many of the parts do not fit well so I am not taking the risk. Might as well black everything out first and see what fits over it later.

The Cooper S grills have been blacked out too, leaving the S chrome to stand out. Will be getting some black out side signals and LED's to compliment it.

The rims have been powder coated black. I took the liberty of spraying the calipers bright red as well.

Joey moded the face lifted lights. It's not complete yet, I want to black out the round bit surrounding the projector ballast at the top as well.

Face lifted the tail lights as well with a twist, they are LED's. Will have to black out that chrome surrounding bit too...

Replaced the third brake light with a blacked out one. It runs LED's now too and they are super bright.

So far I think it's coming along pretty nicely.

Any other suggestions?

more pictures here.