pls clarify..my engine oil leaking?

audiolizard

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi to all sifus... from the day i bought the car, i put in engine oil inside the engine.
but what that i look from my eyes, when i check the engine oil, the oil colour is very light, unlike my previous satria looks deep in colour, is this normal? i was suspecting my car engine oil is leaking, but some of my mech said if a egine oil is in good quatily the colour is abit light.. and some said as long if i check the oil it reach the line then its okay, but im still worry about my engine..

so heres my question,if its really leaking engine oil, how much to cost me to repair it?
is it true that there are different in Deep in colour and light in colour?
some say the engine "eat black oil" while some say "leak black oil" so its different ka?

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
if your engine oil is leaking then most probably your engine oil level will decrease..

check your dip stick early in the morning before you start your engine, see whether there is a decrease...if no decrement then your engine oil is not leaking

however if leak is too little to see overnight then maybe you need to monitor the engine oil level for a span of maybe 1 week to 2 weeks.

And to your question whether eat or leak, it should be the same(i stand to be corrected)

The colour is of no concern, it really depends on the quality and the viscosity of engine oil that you used, and of course the way you drive your car;

do you rev all the way to red line all the time?

do you change your oil on time, lets say every 5000km?

the longer you take, the darker and thicker the oil is going to get...

just my two cents

regards'

audiolizard

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
play, heres the story, it happen last week, i go to workshop and service my engine, and then i refill the engine oil. and the next few days i just check on the engine, and then i notice that the engine oil is a little...and the mech call me to check on a even road.. so i do it next day..
den its the same... so i refill it... and i taught if its was a leak or eat.. the engine oil will decrease after i refill for 1 day... so i check today again. found out nothignat all.. so i think i beter bring it to workshop.

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

btw, if really leaking or eating black oil, what is the maintainence fee?
and u mean the dip that check the engine oil level isit the stick that check the engine oil that plug in the center btm part of the engine?

basis

Aug 8, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Any white smoke in the exhaust ? Not necessary for leaking to cost decrease in engine oil, Blow by piston also can decrease the engine oil.. see your exhaust muffler tips if too oily then confirm this.