Planning to get THE R34

iLachva

Oct 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, I'm planning to get a R34, but before that I have a few haze need to be cleared off.

1. ) How much loan can I get for this old car, or how much downpayment I need? Say the price is averagely RM170K from mudah. considering it's a 10-15 y/o car.
2. ) How much is the insurance?
3. ) Does the GTR-R34 (NOT GTT) comes stock with twin turbo? Do they have blow off valve already? Because I'm really a fan of that whistling sound the engine make ;p
4. ) What price should I expect for FULLY stock / light modded R34 ? (Prefer to mod myself slowly)
5. ) How much maintainance cost should I expect monthly & annualy ?
6. ) Can you still find UNREG R34? What is the price of it?

Hope all the sifus here can clear up my question and don't bash me too had if I in anyway offended you. :wavey:

Last edited:

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
1) Last year I heard can get 120k loan for 2001 car, but nowadays don't bet on it. Probably 80-90k max depending on your documents.
2) Depends on you and value.
3) Bnr34 comes with rb26 engine which is twin turbo. Some have been converted to run a big single turbo.
4) Depends, anywhere between 140-250k depending on condition and year.
5) Depends, allocate 10-15k a year.
6) Not sure.

Friend, read up WIKIPEDIA, lots of info there and it will help you as you seem to know very little about Skylines. Skylines are expensive old cranky and possibly abused cars so you need to have a lot of info before spending your hard-earned money on them
:wavey:

Last edited:

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
haha...he is not a fan lah...he is fan of the "pss..." sound only...

can get evo or scooby also...if you only want the "pss.."

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Hi guys, I'm planning to get a R34, but before that I have a few haze need to be cleared off.

1. ) How much loan can I get for this old car, or how much downpayment I need? Say the price is averagely RM170K from mudah. considering it's a 10-15 y/o car.
2. ) How much is the insurance?
3. ) Does the GTR-R34 (NOT GTT) comes stock with twin turbo? Do they have blow off valve already? Because I'm really a fan of that whistling sound the engine make ;p
4. ) What price should I expect for FULLY stock / light modded R34 ? (Prefer to mod myself slowly)
5. ) How much maintainance cost should I expect monthly & annualy ?
6. ) Can you still find UNREG R34? What is the price of it?

Hope all the sifus here can clear up my question and don't bash me too had if I in anyway offended you. :wavey:
Ok I'll bite regardless of this being another hanracing or not, I'll always try help newbies. Ok here are your answers:

1) To be honest, I don't know but RM100k seems about the lowest in cash you'd need. Others could shed more light on this.
2) Depends. If you can find an insurer, your NCB is a huge factor.
3) R34GTR comes stock with twin turbos and unless changed to aftermarket blow off valve, there is no pstt sound.
4) Since you've done your research on Mudah, you should know the answer.
5) Depends if you're going to drive daily or weekend car and if daily how many kms would you be covering? Maintenance wise I service every 3000kms but most do so every 5000kms. Servicing costs about RM1500 each time. Major service of course costs more and if you're using AP or Endless brakes for example then replacements are a bit more than usual. Yearly costs would depend on what I've mentioned.
6) Short answer - no.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
[PIMPIN];1063933141 said:
Ok I'll bite regardless of this being another hanracing or not, I'll always try help newbies. Ok here are your answers:

1) To be honest, I don't know but RM100k seems about the lowest in cash you'd need. Others could shed more light on this.
2) Depends. If you can find an insurer, your NCB is a huge factor.
3) R34GTR comes stock with twin turbos and unless changed to aftermarket blow off valve, there is no pstt sound.
4) Since you've done your research on Mudah, you should know the answer.
5) Depends if you're going to drive daily or weekend car and if daily how many kms would you be covering? Maintenance wise I service every 3000kms but most do so every 5000kms. Servicing costs about RM1500 each time. Major service of course costs more and if you're using AP or Endless brakes for example then replacements are a bit more than usual. Yearly costs would depend on what I've mentioned.
6) Short answer - no.
totally agreed with what pimpin mentioned above, just to add on a little:

1) loan nowaday not easy to get especially year make 1999 to 2001 cos more than 10 years...they will offer abour 50k to 60k only..so rm100k is maybe just enuf for it.

2) insurance still can get, but they will usually charge loading and its a refer risk title so need agent's recommendation...will be expensive, looking at around rm5-rm6k estimated.

3) BOV is not expensive to install....to me i prefer to hear the roar & pulse sound rather than the pssssst....

4) fully stock not easy to find but patience pays off sometime, for a R, somewhere between rm145k to rm195k should be in reasonable range.

5) very subjective - u have to standby some cash for a major service once u bought over, at least all wear n tear parts i.e timing belt, clutch, brake fluids, engine oil, cluth oil, radiator coolant, tires, suspension etc etc.....then from that time onward u only can estimate monthly or yearly maintenance...its more expensive than normal car but not as expensive as maintaining a conti monsta...

6) no more unreg unit....go for R35 if u looking for unreg unit...

good luck in yr search Mr iLachva:listen:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
1500 every servicing?....that's just for oil + filter alone?...or include transmission oil, etc.?...how many liter of oil does the RB26 use?...
Engine oil and filter, spark plugs, coolant, gearbox and diff oil.

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
[PIMPIN];1063935383 said:
Engine oil and filter, spark plugs, coolant, gearbox and diff oil.
ok that make sense ler.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

btw, your nephew car sold already?....

iloveskyline

Known Member
Nov 15, 2008
Selling my bnr34 v spec ii nur. 225k. Nego till let go.
if interested. just call me anytime. =)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone has roaches in thier car ??? Big or Small !!!

I've got big and small ones in my 8 year old EK ... Anyway to get rid of them ?

Any good idea's ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience