Planning to Get a DC5, good choice?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
what about s15? cheaper...2 door..4 seater...250hp stock, easy to find parts...maintenance wise just stick to regular servicing schedule then all ok

but it rear wheel la..if dats what u want hehe

JEBON

500 RPM
May 4, 2005
Sorry, it maybe a stupid question

but why are some of the seats Black and some Red Seats?

And how do u differentiate type r and S? :banghead:
I dunno why some seat r black n sum r red but they both can b found in dc5 type r.

For me, de black colour is more beautiful cos it comes wit red stitches.

4 De difference between type r n type s, I think u can find in de DC5 type R forum itself or u can

google it. U can find a few good answers for that.

Finally, I think based on ur criteria, DC 5 is de best choice n it's really a beautiful sport car dat u

rarely see on de road n dat's make it so special!!

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
Thanks so much everyone ! :D Issit Really necessary to only use Ron97 PEtrol? :vroam:
It is highly advisable to use RON97 on DC5 because of high compression ratio nature of K20A
However,you can get away with RON95 + Octane Booster(The one that work)
If you use RON95 alone,your engine will have high probability of knocking
As for Type R vs Type S,Type R have 220hp K20A with 8600rpm redline stock,Front 4 Pot Brembo Caliper,Recaro Interior
Other stuff not so sure
DC5 is quite a nice car,the acceleration G is extremely good for production NA car:biggrin:

apaitubulan

Known Member
Jan 21, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
u can ask mr. google for your findings...it is actually up to your preferences on which type of ride that can suit u..some people love turbo boost, some people love the VTEC kicks, some people love the blast sounds system, some people love the elegance looks...
for me,if you are talking about sports car, why do want to ask for 4doors, spacious or family car either...
Good luck for you and I vote for Honda Integra DC5 Type R!!!

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
u can ask mr. google for your findings...it is actually up to your preferences on which type of ride that can suit u..some people love turbo boost, some people love the VTEC kicks, some people love the blast sounds system, some people love the elegance looks...
for me,if you are talking about sports car, why do want to ask for 4doors, spacious or family car either...
Good luck for you and I vote for Honda Integra DC5 Type R!!!
Well there is still a healthy market for high perf sedan hence all the evos, imprezas, amg mercs, m power bimmers are still around. Even porsche has also joined this segment right? Honda itself stopped dc5 and in a way replaced it with fd2r which is a sedan, so there must be a valid reason for that. Imho, if you can have high performance with practicality of a sedan, then why not?

JEBON

500 RPM
May 4, 2005
Too many performance sedans so de prices in de second hand market:rolleyes:

Less performance coupe plus de last of its kind, DC5 type R is holding its value very high so de second hand value :biggrin:

Just compare ek 4 door n 2 door can give u rough idea.

Moreover DC5 looks more racing maaaa. Just my personal opinion. :itsme:

aezsky

Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, i'm planning to get myself a Dc5 and before i really want to commit myself towards such a beautiful ride, i would like to learn more about it.

Hope you guys can teach me more :)

1) If i were to buy a Dc5 ( Manufactured 2004 and above), is there any major problem that i would face in the next 3-5 years? ( From 2012 ) . It will most probably be a daily ride and used to commute from work to home and sometimes weekend drives.

2) Will there be any small problems that will happen often?

3) How is the fuel consumption? :confused:

Thanks in Adv. :wavey:
Hi,I'm a DC5 Type-S 5spd Auto owner.I'd say,it's a really good car.I've tried both Type-S and Type-R and in my opinion,get the Type-R,unless you don't want to drive a stick everyday.My Type-S is for daily commute,and I'm not really a track kaki.

Fuel consumption I can get around 550km for highway,450km for combined and around 350-400 for city driving.The fuel consumption between a Type-S and Type-R aren't much as my Type-S is an auto,which demands more fuel consumption.

The differences are basically,the Type-R is using the pure K20A engine,220bhp,8600 redline,4-pot Brembos,Recaros,Momo,6-spd manual with LSD.While the Type-S comes with a K20A3 engine,6800 redline,no Brembo,Recaro,Momo or such,and mated to either a 5-Spd Auto with Tiptronic or a 5-spd manual.I'd say,you get more value for money getting the Type-R considering the prices are just around 10-15k apart.

The thing is,no matter which one you get,both are performance coupe(except Type-R is the hardcore one).

When I first got my car,I was like,"I'm a fan of car,but not really one who likes to mod his car,I should be fine with this car in stock condition for years."........or so I thought.Once you even mod at least a single aftermarket part for your ride,you will feel the need for more power.Getting a DC5,Type-R or Type-S will means you WILL be spending a lot of money to mod your car.And the mods ain't that cheap.ESPECIALLY when you look at all the other DC5 bros modding their ride here and there.

Sam Tay

From Facebook
Feb 27, 2012
www.facebook.com
guys i need advice.. planning to get a dc5 type r ... which is better the prefacelift or facelift , is the Rm20k-30k extra price-tag for facelift model worth it ?

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
i support CL7. 4 doors 4 seat, in out car easy. Recaro K20A 6speed...only dont have brembo
but buy yourself loh...what so difficult...

jaj_prakaash

Known Member
Jan 11, 2007
Jurong
guys i need advice.. planning to get a dc5 type r ... which is better the prefacelift or facelift , is the Rm20k-30k extra price-tag for facelift model worth it ?
get a 2005 year above one.. coz its a facelift version with improved suspension geometry, damper and etc etc. much more stable compare to the 2001 one.

hope this helps

Rahman77R

Known Member
Oct 16, 2011
Petaling Jaya
Hi,I'm a DC5 Type-S 5spd Auto owner.I'd say,it's a really good car.I've tried both Type-S and Type-R and in my opinion,get the Type-R,unless you don't want to drive a stick everyday.My Type-S is for daily commute,and I'm not really a track kaki.

Fuel consumption I can get around 550km for highway,450km for combined and around 350-400 for city driving.The fuel consumption between a Type-S and Type-R aren't much as my Type-S is an auto,which demands more fuel consumption.

When I first got my car,I was like,"I'm a fan of car,but not really one who likes to mod his car,I should be fine with this car in stock condition for years."........or so I thought.Once you even mod at least a single aftermarket part for your ride,you will feel the need for more power.Getting a DC5,Type-R or Type-S will means you WILL be spending a lot of money to mod your car.And the mods ain't that cheap.ESPECIALLY when you look at all the other DC5 bros modding their ride here and there.
Light mods like intake, exhaust and reflashing the ECU is alright. Test drove DC5 before and I would say it's OEM clutch is still the best for daily usage since they are similar to FD2R IMO. Fuel consumption depends on how often you praaaaaang but iVTEC can be very addictive.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Well there is still a healthy market for high perf sedan hence all the evos, imprezas, amg mercs, m power bimmers are still around. Even porsche has also joined this segment right? Honda itself stopped dc5 and in a way replaced it with fd2r which is a sedan, so there must be a valid reason for that. Imho, if you can have high performance with practicality of a sedan, then why not?
In terms of space, yeah..FD2R is a bigger car than a DC5, but have you try a ride in one? It's pretty hard, harder even than a DC5, which is already harder than my DC2R, which is pretty hard, I can tell you.Thus, not very suitable for practical uses in my opinion.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
In terms of space, yeah..FD2R is a bigger car than a DC5, but have you try a ride in one? It's pretty hard, harder even than a DC5, which is already harder than my DC2R, which is pretty hard, I can tell you.Thus, not very suitable for practical uses in my opinion.
Yea, I've tried one, and it's indeed quite a harsh ride! But if you can stand it or the roads are pretty smooth, then it's still practical. :D My friend drives it everyday to work and still ok for him.

Nic121

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
DC5 rockss...after i owned tis beauty 2yr ago, i could't find a reason why should i change my ride, but i found tons of reason to mods it instead of upgrading to other rides, mods = upgrading :) tis car can easily clocked at least 2.40 at SIC, means lotsa machine not his rivals xP

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
DC5?

Go for it! Handles like a charm, very nice looking as well. Performance wise, it will be eclipsed by the FD2R however i've seen modders here achieve wonders.

Nic121 is right, it can easily do 2:45 - 2:50 at SIC even at the hands of a n00b (me!).

Between facelift and pre facelift, one of the more apparent diff is an improved synchromesh in the gear shifting mechanism which allows you to upshift and downshift smoother LIKE A BOSS without the embarassment of mis-shifting (me!). Though, even if you have the older DC5, you can fit in the newer synchromesh.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

When it comes to going fast in a straight line, no road going car does it better than a Bugatti Veyron. But even the mighty Veryon is approaching the end of its line, and that just means one thing - special edition models.

While the special editions have already started...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience