PLanning to buy Ford Lynx 1.8 (1995)... Please Guide Me

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
hey people,

im planning to buy a ford lynx 1.8 (1995) car... its the one with round lights, hatch-back and two passenger door... can you tell me some details about it?

1) reliability
2) fuel comsuption
3) handling

i love the shape, but i wanna know is it wise for me to buy it... scared got alot of problems

Thank you

SPEEDSPiRiT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
kenny-lee.com
the car is damn nice...
sporty and very powerful....
1.8 dohc wor..

problem wise... stock car i dont think there is much problem..

reliability... better than alot of cars i guess.. when i was driving a stock ford... the car is comfy..very good handling also and fuel consumption depends on ur right foot... drive nicely wont makan minyak 1.... i think u wont have regret buying it..

but need those who drive a stock lynx tx3 to comment on it..

but...the car shape... is damn nice... i also like it..

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
so far everyone said the car's really good...
i most 70% gonna get this car edi, but are the parts hard to find and expensive?

i wanna trick-out this car, what kinda stuff should i install to make the performance better in terms of HP as well as FC?

do suggest ways i can start up my project, what air-filters, exhaust systems, what engines, suspension kits, etc...

lynx_romero

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Cheras,KL
hello...

actually i'm driving this car...year 95 as well.
if u want to talk about the reliability and power...this is the one that won't regret u. The fc not much la...its depends on how u drive the car of course.
Currently mine is about 60km/RM10... some parts expensive but some parts cheap... so if u plan to buy this car, go on beb...atleast i got fren drive a same car..hahahahahaha...

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
alrite~! finally found a fren wif the same gearhead as mine~!

its so hard to find ppl who still driving this car...

im actually from subang... can u suggest any good places whr i can service and maintain this car? dun wanna jst send it to any mat-motor shop, wanna reali jaga this car...

any ideas on how to improve a stock engine? for the time bein... jst for HP and FC only...

thanks

lynx_romero

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Cheras,KL
actually i always send my car to 1 w/shop at
salak selatan...its to my place coz i stay in bdr sri permaisuri.i knew this guy from one of the forumer also..
this foremen got experience with ford and B8 as well...
if u want to go, i can introduce u to this guy..name Bad.

hmm...actually i also just planing to upgrade my stock engine.
i asked opinion from this forum also.
u can check it under title, "Lynx modification"
from there u can see a lot of sifu outside there support me and share their experience with me. good luck

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
thanks bro...

so u strongly support me buying this car izit?

it sounds all good... but are there anymore ford experts in this forum i can refer this topic to? wanna get as many opinions as possible, coz i plan to keep this baby for a long term project...

please give ur opinions people~! i really appreciate the effort so far

SPEEDSPiRiT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
kenny-lee.com
there is 1 guy driving a yellow tx3 with b8 180 inside ma....

if u join b8's tt u might be able to meet him also...

hehe

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
hahha...

im such a small fish... i dunno anything abt modding fords... this is my first ford ride and i haven't even bought it yet... how to join u guys for tt la?

do give me as many opinions abt this car as possible, i wanna know wut everyone thinks before i finally buy it~! dun tell me only 1 guy in this whl forum has this car... is it really so uncommon?

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
hey romeo, basic maintenance for this car expensive onot? im not rich, just average income, would be a great burden to upkeep this car?

CALLING FORD LYNX TX3 1.8 DRIVERS, PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE...

lynx_romero

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Cheras,KL
no lah...
if just for basic maintenance its only cost me around RM100/month.
- ori oil filter = RM15
- eng oil = RM 75 (depends what kind of oil u r using)

others..
-timing belt + bearing + labour = apprx RM 300++

for me, this car got no problem with the engine and the body/chasis.
since i drive this car, i've never face a problem with the engine...
just that the suspension and the bushes...(old car) biase la...:regular_smile:

BTW, how much u get the car? whats the market price now?

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
wut's the prob with the suspension? if i were to change to an adjustable kit would it fix the problem? it'l b the first thing i'll change in terms of body works...

how much did it cost u to do ur suspension n bushes?

im getting the car at 18K++... the market value is about 22K i think...

Last edited:

lynx_romero

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Cheras,KL
of course la...old car maa..
the suspension and bushes need to change already..
after change all this "sendi-sendi punye barang" sure got no problem any more.. i'm the 2nd owner for this car, so i think maybe the 1st owner never change it (lady owner...faham2 la) hehehehehe....

i think for adjustable its cost u around RM1K++ la...depends on what brand and type la.. the bushing i think it will cost few hundreds la for all bushing(front+rear+engine mounting+suspension)

hwwaa....so cheap ar this car now?? seems like i have to drive this car until the end lor....hahahahhahahaa....
last time i bought this car RM37K ooo.....

I'm planing to send my car for customize the body kits end of this month...
its very hard to find a body kits for this car...seriously.

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
ya... gonna invest in a good set of suspensions... my friend helping me source out.. its about 1.5k

actually market price for this car is 25K... but im getting it from a contact, a close friend, so he's selling it to be dirt cheap...

where u customizing ur car? do let me know d price, i might want to do a bodykit oso after i buy rims...

btw, which size rims is best? 16" or 17"?

sargon

Jun 24, 2006
i use these car 2 years .for perfomance and engine maintainece it,s ok.but u must be careful to uy bodyparts. it,s expensive. u want to know how much the frontlamp price... the new one is rm1400 the chop shop i found is rm900.last time i change my window its rm250 at back only one.isuggest u to use safc and u will feel different.and the fuel can save...i tri rm20 from bukit damansara to alor gajah.my speed aroun 90-100 kmh.get one la if they sell cheap.better than u buy one satria 1.3 same price right...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i wan to change my gbox from 4g15 m tu 4g91 a. do i need to put ecu and wayering semula? recently, i went to kedai potong at bentong, and they said, i have to put the ecu and rewayering also, but some of them said no need to do that. mana satu betul ni???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience