PERSONA 1.6 cutting the original suspension to lower.

Oct 15, 2009
Penang
hye guys...i would like to ask opinion about lowering persona stock.... does cutting the original suspension gives side effect?...wat is it?.. advantage??.. please help me on diz matter guys.... lowering persona..looks more sportier...:smokin:

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
cutting the spring...lowering the spring rate and u get a boat roll ride...
wat i did last time was heat up the spring and then pressed them down by 20mm...lowered look and stock comfy....but after tat still chg 2 a better set of sportier lower spring

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
better get aftermarket spring...

wasting money to cut stock spring

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
cutting spring will spoilt the original setting of lotus handling. it will not be comfy as the stock setting is quite stiff and great in handling yet comfy ride.

changing to after market spring will be wiser if u insist to lowered yr ride but no more comfort...

cutting spring is stone-aged already bro....now after market spring is very affordable.
personally, i advice if u can, try out driving with stock spring then u change, i believe u will go back to stock.....juz my 2cents

rsrs62

Known Member
Dec 7, 2006
cutting spring will spoilt the original setting of lotus handling. it will not be comfy as the stock setting is quite stiff and great in handling yet comfy ride.

changing to after market spring will be wiser if u insist to lowered yr ride but no more comfort...

cutting spring is stone-aged already bro....now after market spring is very affordable.
personally, i advice if u can, try out driving with stock spring then u change, i believe u will go back to stock.....juz my 2cents
Agreed. Cutting spring is really stone-aged. That was what ppl did those days when sports springs were expensive and not so common. But nowadays, there are so many aftermarket springs available that it's just not worth cutting springs which will definitely be bumpy and spoil your ride. Been there done that!
Though there are many aftermarket springs out there now ranging from rm1xx to rm8xx, my advice is not to go for too cheap as it just seems questionable how they can produce such springs:rolleyes:. Best bet would be to go for the medium range and above. Perhaps you can check this out RGT High Performance Sports Springs - Persona 1.6 - Accessories & Parts for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
yup..agree with all...
dont ever cut your springs bro...it could cause accident....
better to get sports springs bro...like apm brand....sholud not be more than
rm250.

fadhil1245

Oct 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i oso agree with the others...try looking ay mudah.com...someone want to sell apm performax sport spring at rm180 for waja...i think its oso can fit in persona absobers

fadhil1245

Oct 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
im quite sure absober for waja gen2 persona are same...bcoz last time i browse spare part price list and it stated in one row (FR ABSOBER WAJA/GEN2/PERSONA RMbla bla bla)...so of cos their spring oso same..

im using wira 1.6 sport spring fitted on my waja..all same, the diameter, the size but not the height..from my review,front stock spring waja compare to fr wira 1.6, waja spring more higher bout 5mm to 7 mm than wira 1.6 spring..maybe of waja curb weight..for the back it hv same height..but after installed wira 1.6 sport spring,my fr waja quite 'tenggelam'..just wanna match the body and the sport rim so dats why i have to 'tenggelamkan' more for the front...

just my 2 cents...do correct me if im wrong...

Last edited:

amad108..

Known Member
Jul 27, 2004
but when change spring it also recommended change ur abs too, coz oem abs support only oem height.. by lowering it (change spring), u need the same height as the spring for the abs work efficiently with the new height.. i once ride lowered satria but feel really comfort but at the same time can do tight corner (not adjustable)

cheeft

1,000 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
i'm driving a gen2 mme which comes with R3 lowering spring... i can tell you that the spring is awesome... really good handling and the ride is just ride... not too soft nor it is too hard... recently just change my abs to GAB and the ride becomes a bit stiffer but with even better handling... really loving it!!!

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
bro cuttin springs is just a no no...... aftermarkets are ok nows days! anyway just wan to know if ajustable from a satria can be fitted in a gen2 or persona.....

p/s i m selling my titan racing ajustable cheap is high low.... some say soft hard ha ha ha.. about the soft hard titan has a way to ajust it but cant diy like those 32 steps on other brand....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

Anyone knows any reliable tuner shop that offers engine balancing services? Going to do my 318ci engine rebuilt + engine balancing ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience