Proton introduces Saga FL with the 1.6-liter Campro and solid-white Persona

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Proton has just introduced a new variant of the Saga FL that will be powered by the 1.6-liter Campro IAFM engine and will only cost RM3,700 more over the 1.3-liter Saga FL Executive at RM46,549.

The 1.6-liter Saga FL will only be available in solid white and with an automatic transmission with bookings commencing immediately. The more powerful model will be distinguished by new alloy wheels and a decorative body sticker strip. The interior will be set apart by a dark chrome finish on the air-conditioning vents, center panel, inner door handle and steering ring. Other features include dual front airbags, steering-mounted audio controls, USB connectivity and side-view mirror mounted LED turn indicators.

“The 1600cc Saga should provide car buyers, especially those from the younger generation of purchasers and car owners with an even more attractive, affordable, cost-effective and powerful alternative,” said Datuk Sri Haji Syed Zainal Abidin Syed Mohamed Tahir, Proton Holdings Berhad Group Managing Director.

Since its introduction in January 2008, 237,829 units of the Saga are on the road with Proton having received more than 285,499 bookings. Following the launch of the Saga FL in December 2010, monthly sales had risen to an average of 6,700 units with the Saga FL 1.6-liter expected to add another 300 to that number. All this puts the projected sale of 83,000 units during the 2011/2012 financial year on target.

Proton also took the opportunity to introducing a new colour option for the Persona, a solid white, that is expected to garner more appeal towards the model.

For further information about both models, visit your nearest Proton showroom today.

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
...1.3L version already can go up to 180km/h......this is gonna be fast....just hope its safe for evorybody's sake...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
It can go up to that speed, but how steady it is at that speed? Anyway, I wonder
what will happen to Persona's sales. Same engine, Same cc, different design.

Weight wise, Saga FL 1.6 will be lighter.

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
Totally agree. 1.3 oredi fast. u can see them cucuk 1.5 Vios n City also. Now with this 1.6, i dunno what will they cucuk... but, like supra fanatics said, stability n handling in that kinda velocity have to be take into account a bit serious. i'm assuming they installed stiffer coils n dampers for 1.6L.

Regardless the design-not quite into it especially the latest headlamp design, this is a good buy.

Last edited:

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
Totally agree. 1.3 oredi fast. u can see them cucuk 1.5 Vios n City also. Now with this 1.6, i dunno what will they cucuk... but, like supra fanatics said, stability n handling in that kinda velocity have to be take into account a bit serious. i'm assuming they installed stiffer coils n dampers for 1.6L.

Regardless the design-not quite into it especially the latest headlamp design, this is a good buy.
I thought you said this Saga FL would cucuk Supra's looool :burnout:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
less means more :biggrin: (lotus philosophy) :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Is only fast if flat road and at top speed.

From a full stop, surely lose pick up to Vios, once BLM lost certain speed,
it takes time for the power to kick in again.

Especially if want to go up hill, from a full halt, really go up hill no power mia, unless
change to gear 2. Then slowly switch to gear 3 to gain higher rpm in order to get tat
power.

Doing so, FC is really high :rofl:

I thought you said this Saga FL would cucuk Supra's looool :burnout:
LOL! If Saga FL can cucuk Supra, I think i'll change my mind and get Saga FL instead of
hoping to get a Supra one day LOL!

Still 1.6cc Campro CPS is a better engine than the IAFM 1.6cc. 1.3 IAFM
Got top speed but low end power kinda sucks...:hmmmm:

Saga FL = Saga For Ladies :biggrin:

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
Is only fast if flat road and at top speed.

From a full stop, surely lose pick up to Vios, once BLM lost certain speed,
it takes time for the power to kick in again.

Especially if want to go up hill, from a full halt, really go up hill no power mia, unless
change to gear 2. Then slowly switch to gear 3 to gain higher rpm in order to get tat
power.

Doing so, FC is really high :rofl:

LOL! If Saga FL can cucuk Supra, I think i'll change my mind and get Saga FL instead of
hoping to get a Supra one day LOL!

Still 1.6cc Campro CPS is a better engine than the IAFM 1.6cc. 1.3 IAFM
Got top speed but low end power kinda sucks...:hmmmm:

Saga FL = Saga For Ladies :biggrin:
hell yeaa.. then u might change ur nick to Saga-Fanatics la right? hehehe

Saga For Ladies <--- good one.
Saga For Losers <--- keep this to Proton basher
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
Afif, why saga like to cucuk u? must be your charade too ranggi. Hahaha.. :biggrin::biggrin:

Anyhow, protons always build the car with "tin milo" like ( not offence). If they not harden the chasis, not use if the car can up to 180lm/h.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have already gotten the Vr4 engine and i was wandering one more thing
is tuning really need?

Is tuning really nessery does is affect the hp or the handling of the car?
and how do i tuning the engine?

Omg did not tought of this need some really professional help

Thanks guys for helping out... wish i could repay you Brothers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience