Perodua Myvi or Proton Iriz For Beginner

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Safer car, iriz
Reliable car, myvi
Better handling, iriz (if it matters to your sister)
Spacious, myvi
Power and responsiveness, I would say myvi. I've driven iriz 1.3MT before. Acceleration is like brownish toxic discharge from the bottom hole of a human body.
Fuel efficiency, myvi is not bad. Iriz MT should be ok too. So far what I heard is that Iriz AT isn't really a fuel saver

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
yet to mentioned, Iriz have more features than Myvi...

these are the things that you use and touch daily....thus give big credit to it...

you can compare similar pricing model, and iriz got a lot more to offer...

Mar 1, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Safer car, iriz
Reliable car, myvi
Better handling, iriz (if it matters to your sister)
Spacious, myvi
Power and responsiveness, I would say myvi. I've driven iriz 1.3MT before. Acceleration is like brownish toxic discharge from the bottom hole of a human body.
Fuel efficiency, myvi is not bad. Iriz MT should be ok too. So far what I heard is that Iriz AT isn't really a fuel saver
No comment with the reliability, Iriz is new and there are a lot to polish. But hey, I own a 1.6 CVT Premium and so far, I only have issue with the service reminder.

I only want to give feedback on power and responsiveness. My vote is going to Iriz. At first I would think MyVi because of its conventional AT (doesn't matter it is 4 speeds). But when I drove in one the other day, I would say Iris 1.6 is better than Myvi 1.5. Okay, my feedback is purely on the GB, not the engine. Myvi is okay in terms of exhaust sound (another thing that I have about Iriz). But in terms of acceleration while moving, Iriz is better. I know the earlier model of Iriz have poor acceleration from 0. Mine had too. But after servicing, it is gone. They said, if you want to accelerate, just let the car roll first. I would say, that is not true. After the tuning, hold the brake until you really need to go and bam, press the accelerator. you will feel it. trust me.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But most of the time, manual variants are not available in test drive units. :banghead:
They want sales insist for one test unit. I got to test Exora manual before, then went to Chery they don't have the 1.6L MT SUV so we ask them to arrange both, meaning the 2.0L AT model together. We ask to test the next weekend and they arrange for us to test them.....:driver: