Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Perodua’s new model has overtaken Kancil as the best seller

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

johndoe

Known Member
Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua Sdn Bhd’s (Perodua) sale of its latest model, Myvi, has far surpassed its initial expectations and has been selling like hot cakes since its rollout in April.

A company source says it has sold an average of 10,188 units of the Myvi per month, far exceeding its original monthly target of 4,800 units.

He tells FinancialDaily that from April to July 6, Myvi sales have hit 40,751 units in total or 3,578 in April, 14,451 in May, 20,766 in June and about 2,000 units this month.

In May, not long after its launch, Perodua managing director Hafiz Syed Abu Bakar had hoped the Myvi would account for 27% of its total sales.

It would appear that within the first four months, the company has nearly achieved its whole year target.

Earlier indications had been good, with the company having had bookings for over 5,000 units prior to the May launch.

“It would appear that Myvi is meeting the need in the market that carmakers had not fulfilled earlier,” says an industry player.

Perodua makes five variants of the Myvi: the 1.0 litre manual, the 1.3 litre manual, the 1.3 litre automatic standard, the 1.3 litre manual premium and the 1.3 litre automatic premium.

Out of the five, said the source, the most popular variant was the 1.3 litre automatic premium, which has posted 16,531 units or 41% of total units sold thus far.

“The least bookings have been for the 1.0 litre manual, of which 2,740 units or 7% of total sales have been sold,” added the source.

The success of the Myvi has also seen it overtake Perodua’s previous hot seller, the Kancil.

“So far, the Kancil has been the flagship but, for the time being, the Myvi is on the top,” said the source.

The source added that due to the strong demand for the Myvi, there was now a waiting list for the car, with “a maximum of six months” at the most.

The Myvi, which is priced between RM41,200 and RM51,300, marked Perodua’s foray into a more competitive engine capacity segment, which has long been dominated by national car rival Proton with its Satria and Iswara models.

It would appear Proton’s latest model, Savvy, has not had any significant impact on the sale of Myvi, as seen from the strong demand, which could significantly boost sales of vehicles in the country and Perodua’s market share this year.

The Malaysia Automotive Association expects total vehicle sales to hit a record half a million unit-mark this year compared with 487,605 units sold last year.

Last year, Malaysia continued to be the biggest passenger car market in Asean with 380,568 units sold, compared with Thailand’s 209,110 units.

Thailand led in terms of total vehicles sold in the region with 626,026 units, boosted by pickup trucks that are popular in the northern neighbour.

johndoe said:
Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua Sdn Bhd’s (Perodua) sale of its latest model, Myvi, has far surpassed its initial expectations and has been selling like hot cakes since its rollout in April.

A company source says it has sold an average of 10,188 units of the Myvi per month, far exceeding its original monthly target of 4,800 units.

He tells FinancialDaily that from April to July 6, Myvi sales have hit 40,751 units in total or 3,578 in April, 14,451 in May, 20,766 in June and about 2,000 units this month.

In May, not long after its launch, Perodua managing director Hafiz Syed Abu Bakar had hoped the Myvi would account for 27% of its total sales.

It would appear that within the first four months, the company has nearly achieved its whole year target.

Earlier indications had been good, with the company having had bookings for over 5,000 units prior to the May launch.

“It would appear that Myvi is meeting the need in the market that carmakers had not fulfilled earlier,” says an industry player.

Perodua makes five variants of the Myvi: the 1.0 litre manual, the 1.3 litre manual, the 1.3 litre automatic standard, the 1.3 litre manual premium and the 1.3 litre automatic premium.

Out of the five, said the source, the most popular variant was the 1.3 litre automatic premium, which has posted 16,531 units or 41% of total units sold thus far.

“The least bookings have been for the 1.0 litre manual, of which 2,740 units or 7% of total sales have been sold,” added the source.

The success of the Myvi has also seen it overtake Perodua’s previous hot seller, the Kancil.

“So far, the Kancil has been the flagship but, for the time being, the Myvi is on the top,” said the source.

The source added that due to the strong demand for the Myvi, there was now a waiting list for the car, with “a maximum of six months” at the most.

The Myvi, which is priced between RM41,200 and RM51,300, marked Perodua’s foray into a more competitive engine capacity segment, which has long been dominated by national car rival Proton with its Satria and Iswara models.

It would appear Proton’s latest model, Savvy, has not had any significant impact on the sale of Myvi, as seen from the strong demand, which could significantly boost sales of vehicles in the country and Perodua’s market share this year.

The Malaysia Automotive Association expects total vehicle sales to hit a record half a million unit-mark this year compared with 487,605 units sold last year.

Last year, Malaysia continued to be the biggest passenger car market in Asean with 380,568 units sold, compared with Thailand’s 209,110 units.

Thailand led in terms of total vehicles sold in the region with 626,026 units, boosted by pickup trucks that are popular in the northern neighbour.

bro, u no need to copy & paste the whole article leh....we all here also got newspapers....

wat is the purpose he post this?to show myvi is good?self admire?

kekeke... i just wonder how Savvy sales are so far... :D
Proton's latest advertisement on Hitz also kinda stupid. Talking about German engineer checking the QC of Savvy. Just wait till the first complains come in about Proton's QC and we would see whether the advert they have now is a great big joke or not...

overall, i think MyVi is a successful car...

AccordRacing said:
wat is the purpose he post this?to show myvi is good?self admire?

coz it's a hot news...an update....for anyone who follow MYVI vs SAVVY..

well... i start to have the feeling that MyVi a bit too bulky... and its kinda short for the width... so, overall feel boxy but not too squarish... hmm, what am i talking about...
anyway, i think that's the fact makes it feel roomie inside... hehe...
performance wise??... dunno, never driven one before...

SkYwAlKeR said:
well... i start to have the feeling that MyVi a bit too bulky... and its kinda short for the width... so, overall feel boxy but not too squarish... hmm, what am i talking about...
anyway, i think that's the fact makes it feel roomie inside... hehe...
performance wise??... dunno, never driven one before...

i wen to the perodua dealers, but they say the test drive car not available currently....weird eh.....not yet test drive but already got 40k unit sold in 3 months... :confused:

anyone have test drived both and how they both compare in term of performance and everything else? or is there another topic discusing this already? i just wanna know more cuz i had a friend who did and tell me, so i wan see more of other ppl's view.

rollakid said:
anyone have test drived both and how they both compare in term of performance and everything else? or is there another topic discusing this already? i just wanna know more cuz i had a friend who did and tell me, so i wan see more of other ppl's view.

yeah, some of us test drove either cars and had posted their opinion in topic known as Savvy vs Myvi.

btw, this fact is very interesting to me.

end of last month Perodua had received confirmed bookings of about 33,000 units (all trim versions) while Savvy had slower bookings of less than 3,000 units. Proton said this maybe due to Perodua's advantage of launching Myvi earlier and sales will pick up later.

last two days, Proton CEO was interviewed on TV (cant remember which channel) and with sour face he said bookings not even 3,500 units. this after a period of over 2 weeks!!

the best thing is that he mentioned nobody should compare Myvi and Savvy as both these cars are of different categories.... i laughed til fainted.

**facts:
1. Myvi and Savvy both are 5 door hatchback, in supermini category though Myvi is slighly bigger from every dimension.
2. Myvi has 1.0 and 1.3 engines. Savvy sits right in the middle with Renaults 1.2 engine, said to be good for 170km/h top speed.
3. Myvi prices started at 38K for basic 1.0 right up to about 52K for premium spec 1.3. Again Savvy sits in the middle, about 42K for manual and about 45K for auto/manual version.

How come somebody like Proton's CEO say thay are in different categories? i wanna laugh out loud again...

p/s the best thing is that proton's adviser ex PM try to put the blame on Rafidah and her Ministry, saying that imported cars using AP were the reason proton cant sell. wanna laugh again.

trex92 said:
kekeke... i just wonder how Savvy sales are so far... :D
Proton's latest advertisement on Hitz also kinda stupid. Talking about German engineer checking the QC of Savvy. Just wait till the first complains come in about Proton's QC and we would see whether the advert they have now is a great big joke or not...

overall, i think MyVi is a successful car...

Hey... German engineer or not, everything can kau tim with moolah...

Like the Story of Two Brothers... Malaysia paid money to other people to be friends with Proton. What they don't know is that these people are sucking them dry... slowly...

acbc said:
Hey... German engineer or not, everything can kau tim with moolah...

Like the Story of Two Brothers... Malaysia paid money to other people to be friends with Proton. What they don't know is that these people are sucking them dry... slowly...

ha ha ha suckers...

zan said:
How come somebody like Proton's CEO say thay are in different categories? i wanna laugh out loud again...

p/s the best thing is that proton's adviser ex PM try to put the blame on Rafidah and her Ministry, saying that imported cars using AP were the reason proton cant sell. wanna laugh again.

This ex-PM of ours already 'nyanuk'... talk rots here n there. He better take an early retirement or VSS from Proton.

How can you blame imported cars on Proton's poor sales? People just got fed up with Proton over bad QC and non-existant after sales service support.

I'm sure those who condemn Proton are former Proton owners themselves. I'm one of them. Had to replace brake master cylinder, power windows, bumper and power steering pump on a 3 month old Wira. Damn it!

Even my old Galant did not have these kind of problem until it is over 2 years old. And yeah, the car is CBU.

For Proton to recover... they need to do the following:

1. Sack the entire top management team. Replace with younger blood who love cars.

2. Change the name Proton - it it way too polluted in both local and overseas market.

3. Work together with Petronas for local technology.

4. Sack rude / arrogant sales / support staff. Better get rid of the torn before it hurts.

5. Stop manufacturing cars... instead, buy from Korea and rebrand them for another 10 years. This will allow Proton to learn some R&D. They can be like Naza (whose sales are soaring). The 20 years learning from Mitsubishi is a waste... in fact, Hyundai used to buy from Mitsubishi and rebrand as their own for 10 years. And now they are capable of producing their own cars with own technology.

---

What the G-man should do:

1. Get rid of JPJ's stupid laws. It is restricting Malaysians from learning mechanical engineering on their own.

2. Get rid of roadtax based on engine capacity. Silly man! Only then, Proton can use bigger cc engines and sell it to the masses. Not just restrict to puny engine size which made their overseas market smaller. All those kwai lous will buy larger cc cars and if they can find something cheaper and yet imported, they will go.

acbc said:
This ex-PM of ours already 'nyanuk'... talk rots here n there. He better take an early retirement or VSS from Proton.

How can you blame imported cars on Proton's poor sales? People just got fed up with Proton over bad QC and non-existant after sales service support.

I'm sure those who condemn Proton are former Proton owners themselves. I'm one of them. Had to replace brake master cylinder, power windows, bumper and power steering pump on a 3 month old Wira. Damn it!

Even my old Galant did not have these kind of problem until it is over 2 years old. And yeah, the car is CBU.

For Proton to recover... they need to do the following:

1. Sack the entire top management team. Replace with younger blood who love cars.

2. Change the name Proton - it it way too polluted in both local and overseas market.

3. Work together with Petronas for local technology.

4. Sack rude / arrogant sales / support staff. Better get rid of the torn before it hurts.

5. Stop manufacturing cars... instead, buy from Korea and rebrand them for another 10 years. This will allow Proton to learn some R&D. They can be like Naza (whose sales are soaring). The 20 years learning from Mitsubishi is a waste... in fact, Hyundai used to buy from Mitsubishi and rebrand as their own for 10 years. And now they are capable of producing their own cars with own technology.

---

What the G-man should do:

1. Get rid of JPJ's stupid laws. It is restricting Malaysians from learning mechanical engineering on their own.

2. Get rid of roadtax based on engine capacity. Silly man! Only then, Proton can use bigger cc engines and sell it to the masses. Not just restrict to puny engine size which made their overseas market smaller. All those kwai lous will buy larger cc cars and if they can find something cheaper and yet imported, they will go.

my sentiments exactly.

well said dude.

Proton dying soon...that's y they joint venture wif volkswagen...

copy & paste learn nothing,just help those main factory increase their sales n rape our ppl money only

Why do I just feel like I've read a complete and utter piece of baseless rubbish?

proton internal conflict mayb... if internal also so messy, how to produce good master piece.. nah.. ard mid next year, they are coming out a sports cars. price ard 500k - 800k, horse power ard 320. silver in color.. fit with light weight parts.. dunno y so mahal geh.. design pun okok saja..

today before 5pm....Rafidah Aziz burst into tears when reporters n other say that her ministry gave two former trade officials lucrative rights to import cars.

Two former trade officials were on the previously secretive list of AP holders released by Mahathir's chosen successor, Abdullah. Firms owned by the ex-bureaucrats have been allocated rights to about a fifth of all imported cars this year, according to the list published in the Business Times.

APs give their holders an exclusive right to import certain brands of foreign cars. For each car imported, the AP holder can make as much as RM40,000, local media said.

A Post Every 5 Mins

These headlamps were sent to have them restored and coated but upon collection, results were less that satisfactory. No pictures of the different stages of sanding, but only before-after pictures. Still a bit blurry due to the degradation of the coating applied just few weeks ago by another detailer. Not a very good idea to coat the inner side of the lens as the heat may degrade the coating causing it to turn white...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom