Paint feels rough, but looks fine

devxtreme

From Facebook
Mar 26, 2010
Hi guys,
My car paintwork looks fine, but when i touch it, it feels a bit rough. I am probably being a bit anal, but is there some way to remove the roughness?? I think its caused by the fact that I park in under the hot sun for long periods (especially during work, company doesn't provide covered car park, plan to picket soon :p). I tried polishing it, but it doesn't really help. I was thinking of claying it and also getting a better car wash, the one i am using is the el-cheapo type. Will it make a difference? Thanks in advance :adore:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

leslie_36

Nov 18, 2006
From your descriptions it is due to the environment contaminants that bonded on the surface of your car's clear coat. You can use a detailing clay. Scrub thoroughly the area that you think is very rough. Apply mild pressure onto the clay. Knead the clay to a new contact area if the earlier contact surface on the clay becomes dirty or brownish. You can apply some clean water or mist and spray serve as a lubricator. To achieve a best clean surface your motion shall be cross(forward/backward & left/right). When the surface return to its smoothness apply the surface with wax or sealant to protect the clear coat and give you a shiny look. Hope my tips will be helpful to you.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Edaran Tan Chong Motor (ETCM) is pleased to welcome 57 beautiful contestants representing their respective countries in the Miss Tourism International 2010 World Final beauty pageant to our Petaling Jaya showroom today.

In conjunction with this visit, ETCM hosted a tea party and photograph session for Malaysian press members with these 57 international beauties alongside a dynamic range of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience