Optimum Coating: Scirocco R, far down south

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

We are here today far from our home turf for a special car. Not just any Scirocco, but a R. The R specs are usually mad rides, which more ponnies under the hood, bigger brakes, bigger boost, bigger everything. We traveled middle of the night to reach here early, very early in the morning.

When we arrived, the car wash not even out from the warehouse. We had to wait.

Upon arrival at the Delivery Bay, we inspected the car for defects as we will be performing the Post Delivery Procedure. Initial looks would be clean and not stained. But as we explored further while waiting for the owner to arrive...

The back was rather dirty from rain water and dust.

We understand that most cars are delivered with the plastic film on the roof, this one had it too but when removed, glue residue still remained on the surface, dirt and dust landed onto those adhesive and became stains.

Some more obvious glue residue marks.

This would definitely be the plastic film that caused this stain. Normally the personalle in-charged of the post delivery would use solvents or thinners to remove these marks. We preferred the safe way.

Fortunately for the paint, it had no swirls, no scratch and no watermark issues, We assumed it had just reached the ports.

And the owner arrived, He lead us to a location where water and electricity is available and we started the correction and prep works.

Its pretty obvious the paint lacks protection, water did not bead, surface was not smooth.

Rain stains were all over the emblems as we cleaned through.

These areas were not neglected although we don't always show our entire process flow. Its just too much time spent on photos instead of the car.

A better look after rinsing off and cleaning the dirt on the roof. Water seems to look rounder on a clean surface.

We dried off the car after intense 3hours of washing, double checked the surface for any swirls and scratched. Here is a sun shot.

Like they all says, sun never lies, always reveals everything.

Since these were very exclusive wheels only available on the R, we certainly did our very best to reach deep in and clean.

The barrel of the wheel was filthy and covered with brake dust although barely a week old.

And the Afters simply blew the owner away for our passion to deliver.

The wheels were then Opti-Coated and left to cure for the next few hours. Here is the effect of the After Coat.

We just love the looks of ally wheels after coated. The curves and arches just pops out.

After a full day of 8hours working on a car that is barely 50KM on the ODO, we present to you. The Scirocco R, Renewed.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Really a mind-blowing results as usual. Great work. Btw, how do you get those rain stains removed around those emblems? I tried a few times even with OPC, it was not able to remove it.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Really a mind-blowing results as usual. Great work. Btw, how do you get those rain stains removed around those emblems? I tried a few times even with OPC, it was not able to remove it.
Lol this question about OPC should be directed to the guru ma since all products are weaker than optimum.

I use another strong cleaner with a soft bristle toothbrush. Im using sistema 0.01 soft. Clean wonderfully

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Lol this question about OPC should be directed to the guru ma since all products are weaker than optimum.

I use another strong cleaner with a soft bristle toothbrush. Im using sistema 0.01 soft. Clean wonderfully
Haha! Oops...

No la bro, have been having this problem for years cant settle, then seen you did it so just ask how to do it. Any products that works will do enough for me.

Thanks bro, will try to find it and try it.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Haha! Oops...

No la bro, have been having this problem for years cant settle, then seen you did it so just ask how to do it. Any products that works will do enough for me.

Thanks bro, will try to find it and try it.
At Tesco, tooth brush section.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone here herad about a ecu name 'OBIT'? i just bought a car, it came with OBIT ecu and now i wanna remap it. Anyone here can let me which workshop can do it for me? thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience