Opinion: Trueno Levin AE85/86 Convert to Trueno 85/86 (Pop Up Headlights)?????

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ketit

Known Member
Is it possible to do the conversion if a Trueno -Levin been converted the from bodyparts to the "pop up" headlights like the initial -d Tofu car?

since it is so difficult to get the car (AE86) with a decent price, I might consider to buy a Trueno-Levin type and convert the bodypart in front to pop up light type.

sifu or old timer, pls post me yr opionion here.....

sample as below....fr drift.com.my

yes,

some one has done it b'4...and good luck

cheerss

Bro ketit ...

As far as i am concern, the two share the same platform/bodyshell ... so it is as a matter of swap stuff only ... screw and unscrew

For me, i prefer LEVIN (fixed headlamp) than TRUENO (pop-up headlamp) ... but that is just my personal preference only!!!

Chio

JaHaX said:
Bro ketit ...

As far as i am concern, the two share the same platform/bodyshell ... so it is as a matter of swap stuff only ... screw and unscrew

For me, i prefer LEVIN (fixed headlamp) than TRUENO (pop-up headlamp) ... but that is just my personal preference only!!!

Chio

ya la,...pop up headlamp not so garang,..i prefer LEVIN TRUENO headlamp cause more garang & cun OooOoo

I have read somewhere that the Trueno flip lamp assembly is worth about 5kg weight. Makes an unlogical choice to convert to Trueno lamp is u are looking for performance.

Anyway around the world, flip lamp cars are already phased out or banned. For safety reasons.

But if i were you i'll custom design the Trueno head. Use back same hood, take out flip lamp and make a micro projector lamps fitted to the hood. I've seen this on some pictures off the net. I wonder where the got the projector set for the lamps.

go for CF...or got extra more go for Kevlar...maybe the car weight bout 800Kg only...:D who knows...hahah...

plus why flip lamp banned around the world...???

netmatrix said:
I have read somewhere that the Trueno flip lamp assembly is worth about 5kg weight. Makes an unlogical choice to convert to Trueno lamp is u are looking for performance.

Anyway around the world, flip lamp cars are already phased out or banned. For safety reasons.

But if i were you i'll custom design the Trueno head. Use back same hood, take out flip lamp and make a micro projector lamps fitted to the hood. I've seen this on some pictures off the net. I wonder where the got the projector set for the lamps.

Same as what people do to their FDs? ... cool

Ae86

Thanks for the brilliant opinion

However, I am looking around for an ae86 junk to built it up for an ultimate ride like

"Pimp My Ride".....

my friend found that car at somehwre in KL lefet over for rm2K, he so lucky chap.
that AE somemore is original AE86 and got sunroof! jealous.....................

Flip lamps are banned or phased out because of various reasons.

Manufacturing cost
Safety,mechanical failure
Servicing

Yeah the lamps that look like those FC that convert. I think a few D1 cars are running those.

Top Bottom