Oil leaks...

skyline2778

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Sban
Hi,
I m facing this new problem whereby once a while i'll get these leaks right under my engine around the oil filter area.I m not sure whether it's engine oil or something else coz it's green in color and doesn't smell like oil....but when i feel around the filter, i dun see the oil.Can anyone help.Tq.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Green? It is oily? If not, it could be radiator coolant. If it is oily, could be a leaking gasket.

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
You can try smell it. If it stinks like shit, then it's gearbox oil. If it's just irritating smell and not like shit, it's just engine oil.
Mine last time engine oil + gear box oil, so another different smell, not so stink but still very irritating smell...

Don't know how to explain.
Last time is oil sump seal or something broken....cheap to replace, but have to drain the engine oil i think.

skyline2778

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Sban
Yeah it's oily....sticky also.Doesn't smell like shit la....actually something like odourless...:confused_smile:

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Actually it's a figure of speech. If you smell engine oil and gearbox oil b4, then I believe you'll be able to distinguish.
Anyway, we Malaysians don't have to think so much lah, just bring to workshop, once they jack up the car, they'll know which part leaking 1.
We are the lazy bunch now... hahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

As we all know there's lots of different alarm systems and also immoblisers or tracking systems, or in Captor's case tracking & recovery.
I work for Captor, and was wondering what the feedback is from you guys about it? What have you heard/know etc. Read a lot of bullshit in here about various sytems, true and not true. So if I can I'll give you some facts to counter that ;-)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience