NOS kit

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
My friends and i were having a discussion over teh tarik about stuff and we found ourselves talking about NOS. Now im actually curious about it.

How much does it cost to set one up in a car?

Is it suitable to run NOS on an AT/hot hatch/FWD?

How safe is it; will it destroy a stock engine or gearbox? will it get on fire like the infamous scene from fast and furious "NOS!" kaboom?

Is it suitable for NOS to run in our lovely hot Malaysian weather?

I did my research first about NOS in Malaysia, but there arent a lot of sources :(

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
NOS only for added power in short stretch. The tank of NOS won't last very long, and needs to be refilled.
Suitable or not, see your setup. Higher compression, instant added power, so see your engine, gearbox or whatever can take it or not....hahhahha

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I read it somewhere that the HP power gained over duration of time is expansive....

No wonder some enthusiasts call it the "money shot"

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
NOS only for added power in short stretch. The tank of NOS won't last very long, and needs to be refilled.
Suitable or not, see your setup. Higher compression, instant added power, so see your engine, gearbox or whatever can take it or not....hahhahha
How much to buy and install? i found somewhere its about RM140 to refill, and if used properly can last about a month or so. So basically 140 pay every month like bill ah :rofl:

I read it somewhere that the HP power gained over duration of time is expansive....

No wonder some enthusiasts call it the "money shot"
yeah push the button and you go flyyyyyyyyyyy :driver: then become normal back :rofl:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
'local' Nitrous kit cost around RM3k..basic need..

the tank (normal 10lb) with valve...
the line...jetting/nozzle...solenoid..

very basic...plus and play...

power gain base on the jet/nozzle...
you can get 10hp or 1000hp...doesnt matter...

My friends and i were having a discussion over teh tarik about stuff and we found ourselves talking about NOS. Now im actually curious about it.

How much does it cost to set one up in a car? From RM3k....until....

Is it suitable to run NOS on an AT/hot hatch/FWD? anything..

How safe is it; will it destroy a stock engine or gearbox? will it get on fire like the infamous scene from fast and furious "NOS!" kaboom? no...the gas are not flammable...it will destroy your gearbox/engine if you jet in a lot of power...most damage due to massive torque (uncontrolled jetting)..

Is it suitable for NOS to run in our lovely hot Malaysian weather? it lowers the internal temperature..everything will affect by temperature...even turbo...

I did my research first about NOS in Malaysia, but there arent a lot of sources :(

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

How much to buy and install? i found somewhere its about RM140 to refill, and if used properly can last about a month or so. So basically 140 pay every month like bill ah :rofl:

yeah push the button and you go flyyyyyyyyyyy :driver: then become normal back :rofl:
can buy/rent mother tank for self refill....cost around RM60 per refill...

with 50hp should last around 4 minutes...calculate yourself on your 'monthly consumption'...

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
'local' Nitrous kit cost around RM3k..basic need..

the tank (normal 10lb) with valve...
the line...jetting/nozzle...solenoid..

very basic...plus and play...

power gain base on the jet/nozzle...
you can get 10hp or 1000hp...doesnt matter...

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

can buy/rent mother tank for self refill....cost around RM60 per refill...

with 50hp should last around 4 minutes...calculate yourself on your 'monthly consumption'...
quite expensive jugak lah. i saw a zex nos wet kit for 1.6k only, i thought price range around there. 50hp meaning the moment you press the button you gain 50hp? 4 minutes lama ke? i mean you only press the button for a couple of seconds per use anyway.

sorry ah many questions :biggrin:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
quite expensive jugak lah. i saw a zex nos wet kit for 1.6k only, i thought price range around there. 50hp meaning the moment you press the button you gain 50hp? 4 minutes lama ke? i mean you only press the button for a couple of seconds per use anyway.

sorry ah many questions :biggrin:
thats why u need to calculate yourself..

correction there...for a 10lb bottle...(25hp around 4 minutes, 50hp around 2 minutes only...)

lets say you're driving suzuki swift...zerotohundred at 8 sec..
if you use 8sec of 50hp nitrous/day (for fun)...it can last for 15 days...

135hp -> ~195hp at peak power rpm..

the problem (or the magic) is that 50hp also available at all rpm...even during idling..(normally people use 'window switch' to avoid too much torque)...very dangerous...

go contact gt auto for torq nitrous current pricing...

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
thats why u need to calculate yourself..

correction there...for a 10lb bottle...(25hp around 4 minutes, 50hp around 2 minutes only...)

lets say you're driving suzuki swift...zerotohundred at 8 sec..
if you use 8sec of 50hp nitrous/day (for fun)...it can last for 15 days...

135hp -> ~195hp at peak power rpm..

the problem (or the magic) is that 50hp also available at all rpm...even during idling..(normally people use 'window switch' to avoid too much torque)...very dangerous...

go contact gt auto for torq nitrous current pricing...
wah 2 minutes only... i dont understand the idling part. isnt NOS activated when you push the button? why got extra power when on idle?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
NOS Powershots are highly addictive, and can be an expensive thing to play.

NOS or no NOS, do consider about engine internal strength.
Nobody wants to have big bang that eventually and literally bang-up your engine at the end.

BTW TS, why do NOS? Swift no syoik to drive enough?

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
NOS Powershots are highly addictive, and can be an expensive thing to play.

NOS or no NOS, do consider about engine internal strength.
Nobody wants to have big bang that eventually and literally bang-up your engine at the end.

BTW TS, why do NOS? Swift no syoik to drive enough?
asking asking only :biggrin: curious because Mighty Car Mods' Moog installed one on his S2K on stock internals, and the result was amazing. 75hp increase (i think) from a press of a button, das crayzay. haha

it will be in my wildest dream to have a NOS setup :bawling: I thought 1.6k is reasonable enough to have a bit of fun on open highways, and i dont want constant high hp and torque, cant handle the speed at risky situations. But to have something of a boost ready to be used at a press of a button, that should make driving a bit more interesting.

But as Waiora said, the price is likely to be more than 3k. :( Stock 1.5 swift where got syiok to drive mah. must put on extra bits here and there to make it fun :driver: :biggrin:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
wah 2 minutes only... i dont understand the idling part. isnt NOS activated when you push the button? why got extra power when on idle?
there are many method of activation...button is so 'fast & furious'..
in real world, you will use main activation switch and wide open throttle switch...no button...

and you need to open the valve at the bottle first...

nitrous line is an independent system.. if you push the 'button' during idle, then 50hp amount of fuel flows into the engine...bang!...(in case with 'cheap' plug and play system, no electronics control)

asking asking only :biggrin: curious because Mighty Car Mods' Moog installed one on his S2K on stock internals, and the result was amazing. 75hp increase (i think) from a press of a button, das crayzay. haha

it will be in my wildest dream to have a NOS setup :bawling: I thought 1.6k is reasonable enough to have a bit of fun on open highways, and i dont want constant high hp and torque, cant handle the speed at risky situations. But to have something of a boost ready to be used at a press of a button, that should make driving a bit more interesting.

But as Waiora said, the price is likely to be more than 3k. :( Stock 1.5 swift where got syiok to drive mah. must put on extra bits here and there to make it fun :driver: :biggrin:
you can import the kit from US...around 500USD...plus shipping might be around 750~800USD...install by yourself..

BTW, you cant import pressurized cylinder into malaysia...it will be confiscated by customs..
you need to remove the valve, so it can be shipped here....seller wont remove it...

even if it reach here, automotive parts subjected to 30% tax + 10% sales tax...
you can declare it as medical usage...N2O..zero tax
or pressurized cylinder for industrial use...10% tax + 10% sales tax...

Saring

Known Member
Feb 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
i not to pro about nos but basically what u have to know when u kick you nos u must know you internal head stock or perfomance part..
how can stock part revving until 10k rpm on 2++ kmh... spent 3K for nos for only short term better u bolt on...:smokin::smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I know someone who had NOS installed in his 4G15 with mild mods but stock internals. He got so addicted to NOS so often he refilled every week. That time it was RM200+ per refill. Dry shots. Later found out his piston rings had worn out really badly and had to settle for a overhaul.

NOS is addictive but ultimately it's going to damage your pistons to some extent.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
IMHO NOS is just for last resort after you exhausted all other forms of performance mods. Only if you cannot get anymore power out of your engine from internal engine upgrades and turbo/supercharging, then you add up NOS for just another short burst used during drag. Otherwise, no need NOS.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
And definitely no need for NOS in KL traffic crawl....

Save the money, and invest in better suspension setup....That would also give a better ride and handling.
Speed and HP isn't everything. Sometimes, a car should be enjoyed of how good the feel of taking corners....

This is just me la...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

3.9 secs / 421ps / 500nm / 2L 4cyl turbo / 8 speed DCT / 4WD / 270kmh / A45S Edition 1 RM459,888 / CLA45S (4.0 secs) RM448,888

AMG's newest 4 pot 4WD rockets arrive Malaysia in 3 distinct flavours. At the very top, pushing way over 400hp are the ludicrous AMG A45S hatch and CLA45S 4dr coupe with their savage panamericana grille, a new engine and 8 speed dct box, Followed by the lite-version 300hp...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience