nid advise on 20svt after doin overhaul!!!

alex_khoo

Known Member
my car juz doin full overhaul last week! result is d engine sound become quiet a bit but why still got the tappet sound(like diesel sound they call)timing belt,piston n piston ring ,block oso use to (kong) to bigger! con rod bearing all oso new wan...:hmmmm:..n 1 more thing wana to ask ? is tat after overhaul engine,it cant be rev kaw kaw? i heard my foreman say after run 1000km+ then baru can tekan it kaw kaw? is tat real??:driver:

my car juz doin full overhaul last week! result is d engine sound become quiet a bit but why still got the tappet sound(like diesel sound they call)timing belt,piston n piston ring ,block oso use to (kong) to bigger! con rod bearing all oso new wan...:hmmmm:..n 1 more thing wana to ask ? is tat after overhaul engine,it cant be rev kaw kaw? i heard my foreman say after run 1000km+ then baru can tekan it kaw kaw? is tat real??:driver:

after overhaul, take it slow for about 1-2000km first.. coz all things still new n tight... run in until all the part blend in and sit properly.. as for diesel sound i think that is the sound of vvt pulley lah.. that is the trade mark sound of all 20v.. hehehe...

thz bro!!..wat the engine oil suitable 4 my engine after overhaul?10w40 is tat ok?:hmmmm:

i think you still need to stick to your current oil brand and vicosity (what ever the foreman puts to ur engine) for few more services, this is because let all your seals to expand to the fullest....then you may start to use fully syn.
this my 2cents, please do correct me if im wrong here guys....

hahaha!!!

If i am a demon, I will speak as :
Take car out only, no need wait.. You rev till maximum rpm cut also just keep on going! power overwhelming ones... after 1 week u check your oil la.. should be drained and all sitting on top of your engine block.. CLogged it.. then piston will get crack line and soon u will hear one sound... ketAK! ketTAK!!

If i am an Angel: Not just 1000km... i think better you go higher... etc 5000km. And use normal oil yet.... like what said above, your engine is too shiny... they are still a virgin now... Your engine wil yell like hell if u press her too hard, because that is the time which we call as "run in with pressure"... and not lift you car up and let it run till 5000km.. :)

Enjoy your new heart ya... I killed 1 svt.. and i am planning to kill another one soon! :biggrin::biggrin:

hahaha!!!

If i am a demon, I will speak as :
Take car out only, no need wait.. You rev till maximum rpm cut also just keep on going! power overwhelming ones... after 1 week u check your oil la.. should be drained and all sitting on top of your engine block.. CLogged it.. then piston will get crack line and soon u will hear one sound... ketAK! ketTAK!!

If i am an Angel: Not just 1000km... i think better you go higher... etc 5000km. And use normal oil yet.... like what said above, your engine is too shiny... they are still a virgin now... Your engine wil yell like hell if u press her too hard, because that is the time which we call as "run in with pressure"... and not lift you car up and let it run till 5000km.. :)

Enjoy your new heart ya... I killed 1 svt.. and i am planning to kill another one soon! :biggrin::biggrin:
oic..tnz sbirdz!yaya now im drive oso slow slow man!! not over 90km/h onli...and oso drive below 4500rpm scared after 4500rpm the vvti will come and i cant control left leg:biggrin:..wah! u kill 1 svt b4 n now oso stick back to svt arr??:hmmmm:...y no go to bt??haha...:driver:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom