i nid to noe sum braking skill advice~

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
jus wanna ask those c-fu or pro driver with a good braking skill, dun say bout brake, or suspension maintainence... i jus nid to noe how to brake instantly and more short distance with or without abs (anti lock braking system) ~~?? i will appreciate any of ur answer or opinion he he^^

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site

for me i dont know...
just learn some of this then u will understand and eventually know how to handle ur brake...
learn how much is too much(the instant ur tires start skidding)
feel the grip of ur tires
on an empty place...jammed ur brakes suddenly from 60kmph and learn how the car behaves...
with those above if u can understand it u can learn how to fully utilize ur brakes...
and u wont need much of the ABS...

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
k lah, let say all thing in good condition....~~ but i dun think skidding tyre make car stop instantly eh~ ^^ jus wanna noe braking skill for vehicle with abs and braking skill for vehicle without abs... (cos im driving both type of car)

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
Never JAM ur brakes if u dont have ABS, u hve to brake and let go ..and then brake and let go..to create an ABS effect..once u jam, u will lose control.
The aim is NOT to lose control.
One learns to brake late only when u have actually crossed its limits..pls dont try this on public roads...braking is only by sense by gut-feeling..there are no formulas involved...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
if short distance, jz jammed the brakes lar.... erm, actually more complicated than that lar.... most of us are used to the way our car's brakes react... how much pressure u apply on the pedal equals how much braking force and so on.... use that knowledge and apply the max pressure without locking up ur wheels....

if it accidently locked up the wheels, let go and pump ur brake pedal again... i used to experience this when driving in highway especially during raining season... jammed the brakes, if tyres locked, pump the pedal again...

*only pump the brakes if u think there is enough space in front for u to regain traction... if not enough time, jz jammed it and pray hard.... another alternative is, take a quick look at ur side mirror... if no car, swerve to the next lane to avoid it (given that ur wheels arent locked up)....*

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
hah hah, aight... i jus tested jus now with my ride without abs, yeah, pump brake better den lock brake...

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
screechhhh........ tayar koyak

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
juz a thot
read it somewhere
ABS doesn't not mean ur braking distance will be shorter,it juz makes it safer (no skid)
sometimes,i feel that if u lock tayars can brake in shorter distance comapre to ABS (physics; more traction on the road (geseran))
thats wat i feel

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Its a known fact that ABS only saves you from losing traction and ending up by the ditch. It gives you manouvrebility when you're braking hard.

On the idea of "pumping" your brakes to prevent a lock up. Thats heavily unlikely. Those who say they're able to do so probably have not driven an ABS car before. First, the ABS system "pumps" your brakes like 10 times or so per second. How is your foot able to do so? Secondly, if you think you can "pump" your brakes to an ABS effect, most likely you have a big big braking distance as compared to a real jam brake situation where you braking distance is so short.

If you've been in an emergency situation where you jam your brakes, i doubt you could react in time to pump the brakes and personally i've been in many close calls and each time, i just smack the brakes and hope my car could stop faster instead of thinking of pumping it.

In all honesty, the best braking technique(lets not talk about track racing braking technique) is firstly, to have a decent set of tyres and good working brakes. Secondly, be very alert on the road and always anticipate vehicles coming. Thirdly, don't tailgate or follow too close.

ah_khen

Nov 30, 2005
with ABS equit no need any skill la... just press d brake pedal as hard as u can dun worry d brake will jam. with ABS dun care how hard u press d brake it wont jam 1. without ABS then must c tire n road conditions la... n pump brake also will help much.

kelvio

1,000 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
selangor
www.geocities.com
y 1 2 last minute braking drive safely dont tailgate ppl ok lar its for just incase
for me i dont stun the brake or jam it my car got no abs i just press the padel from soft to hard but not stun it if for manual car play with the gear for automatic i dunno lar maybe just down shift or stright to P lar lol
in auto i notice 1 thing if u put on drive then brake the car will take longer distance to stop if u put in N then brake it will take shorter distance

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
put P ah.... sure damage da gearbox ha ha!!! put D hard to brake cos da engine still running on high gear~ (on high spd), can jus lower da gear, but dun owez do tat~ torque converter will hav problem^^

LanEvo8

Known Member
Jul 19, 2005
sELANGOR
If want to learn braking better go to advanced driving school.they will teach all the stuff about driving in high speed.If u budjet tight and good in displicine try to join police force be traffic police.100% u know how to tailgating in high speed and brake in high speed.Don't learn braking technique on the normal road.Dangerous to user on the road and urself.Learn from the pro

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
lol... if only i live at west malaysia -.-ll

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, recently i bought a bolt on bullet for direct replacements for my persona catcon.
it seems that the groove for the swirl effect is facing the wrong direction
View attachment 423384
View attachment 423385
this is the view from top where exhaust gas would come in.

is this wrong direction?
I bought it online, & cant seem to contact the seller.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience