newbie here w/ newbie ques

chocobo

Mar 28, 2005
my fren told me bout this autocross thing, currently im driving a 1.6 wira auto but changed my engine to 1.8 soch 4g93 cuz my old engine koyak ledi. Everything else is still same which is the 1.6 wira specs except my engine only. can i participate in this autocross event? what qualification do i need? Will people laugh at my car inside the same category? Are there any website showing the latest upcoming events for this autocross thing?

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Currently 3 autocross events are held in Malaysia for 2005.

1) You can go here in the soon to come event http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/grassracingautoclub/?yguid=224479889

2)Or you can go here http://groups.msn.com/racerallyresearch/sso2dot5klangvalley.msnw for the StreetShootOut series, where the next one's on 26 June, named SSO2dot5. Not sure if the registration is closed but u gotta contact Adian.

3) The KKS Autocross that will be held next weekend in Shah Alam. Search under the same name in this forum.

Autocross is for everyone, as long as you've got the enthusiasm. Your current specs of your car is definitely not a problem. Just register your engine capacity in the events that you want to participate and the officials will qualify you in the respective classes. So it doesn't matter what car u drive, be it auto or manual. To qualify u basically need a car (at least with a roadtax) and a driving license. Dont forget to bring a helmet too.

crazykid

Known Member
Feb 22, 2005
somewhere on earth
Visit site
KillerB said:
2)Or you can go here http://groups.msn.com/racerallyresearch/sso2dot5klangvalley.msnw for the StreetShootOut series, where the next one's on 26 June, named SSO2dot5. Not sure if the registration is closed but u gotta contact Adian.
just to clarify the registration has not been closed yet ;) send a fax to adian with the registration form.Those people who has faxxed to him will be sms,on where and when is the next registration day :D

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
whoever laugh at u for having SOHC 1.8 in the competition will laugh last
coz there's a stock wira 1.6 SOHC champ in m'sia (for his category)
prolly i'd laugh at u for getting SOHC when u can get DOHC
but thats not the point
the point is...skills is wat important

chocobo

Mar 28, 2005
thanks everyone for the information.. i think i'll go check out how does this event thing works 1st before i try on it LOL.. i hope its not that costly just to go see see the event?
err i got the SOHC cuz didnt plan to mod this car into a monster.. btw, if i got a DOHC, i think i need to change other stuff as well? cuz everything is still the standard 1.6 wira (auto) specs.. :(
skill wise, i think im still a newbie (21 yrs old only) and im really interested in improving my skills but just dont know how until 1 of my fren suggested this event to me :)
anyway, thanks every1 for the support! haha.. i'll be checking out this topic more often to know more bout the upcoming events!

crazykid

Known Member
Feb 22, 2005
somewhere on earth
Visit site
Come and join :D its still not late download the registration from from the website and print the form out :) fill in the particulars and fax it to adian.Get ready for an sms and RM100 ;) bring your helmet along and enjoy the fun.I`m also a newbie,going there to watch also hehe

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
help

i have never tried autocross, but i want to join. where to sign up?any car can ah? where and when(time & date)

swamp_rat

May 5, 2005
scoupe said:
i have never tried autocross, but i want to join. where to sign up?any car can ah? where and when(time & date)
If you are interested be at the Shah Alam Stadium Car Park this Sunday 19th June at 8.00 a.m. Make sure you bring along your helmet and driving licence. Any car can compete.

chocobo

Mar 28, 2005
swamp_rat said:
If you are interested be at the Shah Alam Stadium Car Park this Sunday 19th June at 8.00 a.m. Make sure you bring along your helmet and driving licence. Any car can compete.
can i go and have a look 1st? atleast lemme see once how this event works? still dont know much about autocross.. issit open for public? or only those joining allowed to go in?

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
chocobo said:
can i go and have a look 1st? atleast lemme see once how this event works? still dont know much about autocross.. issit open for public? or only those joining allowed to go in?
It is open to public and anyone can join. I will be there so call me on that day and I will explain what autocross is all about to you.

019-2710000

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
car class

my car is an scoupe 1.5 what class would it fall under? how much entrance or reg fee?

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
scoupe said:
my car is an scoupe 1.5 what class would it fall under? how much entrance or reg fee?
For Autocross, it is RM150 for all classes. Last Autocros was last Sunday. Next event should be about 1 month time or so.

SSO is RM100 for all classes. Next event is on 26th June. You can still sign up for this but dateline for sign up is by tonight. If you are keen to join this round, call me coz I will signing up tonight. Sign up is at 1 Utama.

019-2710000

DarkHelmet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2005
Actuall, the younger you are, the faster you will learn to drive competitvely. There was a participant in the KKS autocross, 16years old, no driving license yet, but managed to come in 2nd in the Lotus category. He picked up the right techniques from the other drivers and applied it, becoming faster in each succeeding run. Older drivers, tend to be faster after each event... so.. if you are 21 years old, you are the correct age to start autocrossing.

Turismo

Known Member
Apr 26, 2005
KL
julianpang said:
For Autocross, it is RM150 for all classes. Last Autocros was last Sunday. Next event should be about 1 month time or so.

SSO is RM100 for all classes. Next event is on 26th June. You can still sign up for this but dateline for sign up is by tonight. If you are keen to join this round, call me coz I will signing up tonight. Sign up is at 1 Utama.

019-2710000
im quit interest but dont have time n also money to prepare the car n entry fees for this month. but, if i got i will.... so for autocross are pass, and SSO r coming on 26th june, rite? i cant signup now.. can i make call to signup later, maybe within a couple of day?. hopely can aaa.

can i ask some quest?
1. can u re-explant what is SSO?
2. i will drive 2.0 turbo (wira), which is my categories?
3. what the prize to win?
4.till now how many car entries for my categories?hopely its funs.
5. may u guys story ur xperience here.....

tq.newbee too but interest...hahha, turbo will fun soon.

DarkHelmet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2005
Turismo said:
im quit interest but dont have time n also money to prepare the car n entry fees for this month. but, if i got i will.... so for autocross are pass, and SSO r coming on 26th june, rite? i cant signup now.. can i make call to signup later, maybe within a couple of day?. hopely can aaa.

can i ask some quest?
1. can u re-explant what is SSO?
2. i will drive 2.0 turbo (wira), which is my categories?
3. what the prize to win?
4.till now how many car entries for my categories?hopely its funs.
5. may u guys story ur xperience here.....

tq.newbee too but interest...hahha, turbo will fun soon.
SSO stands for Street Shoot Out, an autocross event organized by Proton R3 division, to promote grassroots motorsports in the country. Grassroots motorsports are comparatively cheap events, in terms of competitors run-what-you-brung. Can be a kancil, or ferrari, does not matter. What matters is that you enjoy yourselves at the event.

2.0 turbo wira, you will be put into the Turbo/Open class, with competition from Subaru WRXs, and Mitsu Evos.

Prizes? WHat prizes? You get a trophy, and satisfaction of seeing Adian in his sexy shorts!

Number of competitors in the Turbo class, number about 6 competitors.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ok..i got a timer n need to know d wiring how it works...

got two bunch wires....

1st bunch: green =?
Red =ACC (+)
Blue =?
Black = ground (-)

2nd bunch : orange=?
Purple = Handbrake
white= ?

and another hose i guess is for boost reading

Plz help me ok....thanks a million

*Photo borow from FarinaRacer.....thx man
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience